1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Oh boy do I know this. Yeah it sucks but you'll rebound back in no time! :) Just do some light exercise, it will help your body recover better.

2. Valver

Valver I’m an AquaTuning product tester

2 kids under 5 are ruining my life right now ;)

3. Kylevdm

Kylevdm The Mod Zoo Podcast Host

viral labyrinthitis is going to be ruining my life for the next month :(

4. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

Having to rush down to Kent to take my Mum to hospital on my Birthday (This Tuesday), and then to find out that she has ovarian cancer and requires Chemo and Surgery. :(

5. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

2 two words:

AP Testing.

6. null_x86

null_x86 Thread Closer

boy, this is long..

I've got some skin condition, that appears to be in the same viral strain as herpes, shingles and chicken pox (they all share the same basic strain). It creates micro-blisters and they hurt like little glass shards under my skin, and in other places, the skin blisters like normal and scabs like a hard callus. I have no clue what it is, and the moron doctors here told my mom (she has a much worse version of it, apparently it's hereditary) that is was just "dermatitis". Good news to this, is its only broke out on my right hand, and for the most part its cleared up. Yay for small redneck towns with redneck doctors.

In other news:

All the decent girls/women are either in another town (I have no car) or are taken.

I have run out of space in my room and must rearrange, yet again.

I somehow managed to get a free printer a few months ago. Good, considering its a Canon laser printer that sells for $350-600 used, and its from 2005ish. Bad side, is it is only supported in Win98-WinXP. No Vista/7 or linux support. Same with my cheapo Dell printer.

Neighbors are ass-pie marines who dont understand the concept of [capslock] TURN OFF YOUR ****ING RADIO AT 2AM, QUIT REVVING YOUR RICER HONDA TO REDLINE AT 2AM, QUIT INTENTIONALLY SETTING OFF YOUR CAR ALARM AT 2AM. YES WE CAN HEAR YOU ON YOUR CELLPHONE WHEN YOU SIT ON YOUR FRONT PORCH. GO TO HELL [/capslock]. Best part is the landlord got all pissy when we called the Sheriffs on them. Dumb whore flirted with them, and told us not to call the Sheriff again or else we would get evicted, and then told the ass-pies that its ok to blare their radio and what not. She only told them that after the Deputy left, after he told them what statue it was that stated what the noise law was (which in short says if you can hear it from the driveway, its illegal. The driveways here are car length, if that).

Wachovia is still giving me **** about the account they closed, because they screwed up. They apparently dont know (or do and wont do anything about it) anything about my account, and that anything I do, has to be via the collection agency. Collection agency cant do anything except send me records from Wachovia and send me annoying letters saying to pay, but they dont know anything when I start asking questions. What I think was interesting and a flatout lie, was something I got in one of their letters today. It said something to the effect of "We are working to get this issue resolved in a timely manner. This matter will not be reported to credit bureaus. etc" ********. I had damn good credit before Wachovia screwed up, and now I cant even get approved for anything above a WalMart credit card. I cant even get my own bank account now, I had to have my grandmother open an account and put me on as an authorized user. Note, not a joint account, but an authorized user. Got a denial letter from a Dept Store and requested a credit check thing and sure enough, the issue from Wachovia is on my credit report. I'm going to be calling them on this, and looking at getting a lawyer if need be.

Can we say FML?

7. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

maybe you got ASSERGIES?

8. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

Can't you remain anonymous when phoning the police?

9. null_x86

null_x86 Thread Closer

haha, i lol'd. I honestly dont know what the whole skin thing is, but its stress-induced (thanks ass-pie neighbors) and so far from what I can figure out, not contageous (dammit).

That only works when they silent dispatch it (via computer, not OTA). When we had to call about the ass-pies, the landlords friend called the landlord because she was listening to the scanner. And it doesnt help when the landlord comes banging on the door and starts yelling at you for calling the cops. That and the cops take your name, address and phone (for callback) when you talk to a dispatcher. The only problem with that, is because this is such a small town, all someone has to do is know someone who knows someone (and everyone here knows everyone). Aren't small hick towns great?

Just wondering, does anyone know how to keep a 93-97 Honda Accord 2dr coupe from starting up? Another night of vroom vroom at 2AM and I'll be lucky if I can keep myself from becoming a vandal.

10. chimmy09

chimmy09 What's a Dremel?

Have you ever tried fighting fire with fire? Wait til one day when they are all hungover and trying to sleep, and just blast something loud at them. If you have a guitar and amp, turn that **** to 11 and get it going. And if you don't feel like starting something like that, you can always disconnect the car battery.

There are always the classics as well... flaming bags of dog crap, eggs, TP.

If you really want to screw them over you could freeze one of those foam insulation things, then while it is frozen cut it open and leave it in their car over night. That will probly stop them from starting it. You could also fill the keyholes with super glue.

11. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

12. chimmy09

The fact that I hate me

13. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

You should check into any legal protection you might have for whistleblowing. It might not be the most pleasant situation, but there might be ways to keep you protected from eviction. Check any contract douments as well, see if you can find anything requiring a good cause for eviction.

Oh, and a nice hole in their coolant tank or a loose bit of tubing will keep things quiet for awhile. Not advocating revenge... just pointing out a fact :thumb:

14. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

@Null,

Coming from the perspective of a landlord, she cannot evict you legally for calling the cops to complain about about noise from neighbors. Next time you have to run by the office ask to see your rental lease (and get a copy of it) and double check all the clauses that entitle her to evict you. If there isn't a line saying that calling the cops/whatever can be grounds for eviction. Then next time call the cops for the noise and then WHILE they are there (and the whore is there) ask them if she can evict you for calling them. Should clear things up quick.

15. RinSewand

RinSewand What's a Dremel?

I'd also suggest grabbing a cheap dictaphone... Audio record it all if you do it again and see if you can stick a warning sign rNdomly about being recorded somewhere. Should make it admissable...

Note - I aretent one o them fancy lawyering types, so I might be wrong

16. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

My exam is nextweek and for the last 3 weeks of important revision my teacher has been in hospital i finally get a teacher and he has to focus on the bone idle members of the class who decided to leave there coursework to the last minute possible

Im left done my coursework only one in the class pretty much struggling to revise for my exam and set to fail :(

17. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Not a fancy lawyering type either, but if you ask for consent to record, recieve it, start recording and confirm while recording that consent was given you should be fine. Just not sure how willing cops are to start recording, that'd be your biggest issue.

And in other news, my ex who I've been trying to win back ever since is now on to her third boyfriend after me, and all in just one year! That just makes me feel great, especially since one of the major terms of our break-up was that she's "not in a good place in life to date right now". She must have changed places pretty quick, because obviously she wasn't just feeding me a load of bull***, right? :grr:

18. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I know what it is. I have the same thing but I don't remember the name. What your doctor will probably prescribe is Famvir. It's a pill that literally rapes the blisters. Within 36 hours they had dried up and were disappearing, which is very impressive considering how much these fckers hurt !

I have a great news for you though ; the first outburst is by far the worst. The next ones (There will be others. This is for life) won't even be 10% of what the first one was (in my case anyway)

My first time was terribly bad. It was also weird because this virus follows specific nerves, which is why it always comes back at the same place. In my case, the left side of my face only is affected. Now I can tell when it's going to happen so a single pill is enough to take care of it before it starts appearing, but the first time, I looked like Tommy Lee Jones in Batman Forever. I also have chronic eczema so the two of them mixed together created some sort of super saiyan god mode itch mixed with pain, desire to scratch and disdain of my own skin. Those two days were some of the worse of my life in terms of physical AND psychological health. The first time I put ointment on it, the touch of my skin almost made me cry and puke at the same time... I actually got to skip my usual 6months waiting time to see my dermatologist because there was no fcking way I was going to 'just live with it'. After he prescribed me the stuff, he asked me if he could take pictures for his students because my case was rare and extreme. I accepted of course because he could have refused to see me that day.

I am fine now and I know how to avoid little outbursts. If like me you have very dry skin, avoid very hot water in the shower and keep it hydrated. I found that I get outburst when I am extremely tired and rub my knuckles on my eyelids (like tired kids do in comic books)

Now you guys know why I don't like tattoos. If I had the skin of a normal person, I would keep it clean and not hide it under ink...

19. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Only half of my new hardware will be arriving today :( ..

20. chimmy09

I am no longer pissed at myself which is good... but my family is seriously pissing me off.
    Hypocrisy at its finest, folks.