1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Serious Sam: The Second Encounter HD Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Lizard, 8 May 2010.

1. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

2. macroman

macroman The One

When kit comes to ass kicking. SS is up there with the best Doom a likes. I have both the original versions and now the HD versions. Screw the bubble gum, go kick some serious ass!

3. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

I did the pre-order but I havent been able to figure out how the hell you play as that one boss in the first Serious Sam ><

But ya love this game.

4. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Should just be selectable as a Skin in a multiplayer or co-op game.

5. HourBeforeDawn

Ahh you mean they dont have that as an option for single player, that freaking sucks ><

6. Nicb

Nicb Let's discuss among ourselves

Hhhhmmm
    Not to be a buzz kill,..... but there is a ton of game reviews and a slow water dripping speed of hardware reviews. I have excellent game review sites that specialize in that kind of thing,... because that's what they do.

There is so much to cover in hardware, and so much missed. It would be great if there where less game reviews and more of...... anything dealing with hardware.

If there is nothing to review in hardware you could always replace the game reviews with taking an old pentium 4 and see what voltage levels will kill it.

Or replace games with software reviews. Best 10 programs that do(this). Maybe talk about security. I have not had a virus or ect. in 7 years and I do not use any type of virus protection. Just program/OS settings manipulation and IP blocker list. Talk about how common expensive and bloated software bogs down your PC and here is a list of free and light software.

I hope I don't get slammed for this, but I NEVER come to Bit-Tech for a game review. I always felt like they were an awkward and poorly executed part of Bit-Tech.

7. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Sorry you feel that way, but I think you're wrong when you say there's a flood of games content compared to hardware. Out of the ten articles published this week only two of them have been games articles - and of them one was a feature and the other was this review. The remaining 8 articles include 1 buyer's guide and 1 modding article, but the rest is all hardware. 2 out of 10 is hardly unbalancing the focus of the site. Even the podcast this fortnight is a hardware one and we've trimmed the amount of games news we do at the moment

Also, while I appreciate that you don't come to the site for game reviews, there are some people who do and there are plenty of people to whom the gaming content is deemed just as important as the hardware stuff. If you think the game reviews are poorly done or could be improved in some way then I'd love to hear your thoughts (and you can contact any of the staff through the About Us page or by PM on the forum), but if it's just that you don't want it on the site then I'd question why you read it and comment on it when you can use the Hardware index to filter what you see...

8. justicefornone

justicefornone What's a Dremel?

Hi! Long time lurker who has finally decided to register to say that I am one of these people. Vistited a LOT of gaming review sites over the years, but for me Bit-tech is the only one where the reviewer (Joe in this case) goes into the aspects of a game that I care about, and it seems share similar tastes (Just Cause 2, Deus Ex, Arkham Asylum, and to get back on topic Serious Sam: The First Encounter were all games saw reviews for on the site then went out and bought!) so there you go! *cheesy grin*

Only got to play the Second Encounter for about 20 minutes (Steam connection issues a plenty!) but so far, Hella fun!

9. Boogle

Boogle What's a Dremel?

If you don't have AV, how can you be sure? The best virii are 100% hidden, they won't appear in the process list and they won't cause any ill-effects on the PC. Instead they'll slowly syphon all of the info you enter into your PC.

10. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

Just go to http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/ then! Simples :D

11. altcon

altcon What's a Dremel?

I love your game reviews!

They're mirror what I feel about games (most of the time). I don't really trusts most "gaming" sites, especially since you rarely see games get mashed about for sucking, bad broken DRM, consolites or other glaring issues.

I have you guys as my home page, and I know that whatever I read has some credibly and an honest opinion.

12. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

QFT

13. HourBeforeDawn

okay still havent figured out how to play as that boss in either multiplayer, single, or co-op. Has anyone actually dont this yet and can provide me with a step by step to do this?

14. justicefornone

justicefornone What's a Dremel?

From the Main Menu > Options > Multiplayer Options > Multiplayer Model and select Ugh-Zan III

All MP (so the standard MP or co-op) you shall then have 4 arms and a flappy piece of cloth to cover your decency!

15. HourBeforeDawn

ah thanks so no single player option then, bummer, I wonder if you get to hold four weapons then :) probably not but that would be cool.

Tags: Add Tags