1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Left 4 Dead 2: The Passing Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 28 Apr 2010.

1. Blackie Chan

Blackie Chan What's a Dremel?

L4D1 was much better because of machine gun dual pistols. rate of fire is capped and clunky in L4D2

2. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

I would have paid for this DLC - had a few hours awesome play out of it which is worth a few bucks!
    However the finale in the DLC is indeed brutal - only made it through so far on easy and (barely on) normal - all the other campaigns i have completed on advanced!

3. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Can't complain about the DLC since it's free, it certainly wasn't a negative experience, but I'm not too impressed.

That may be because I've never been a huge L4D fan, and really didn't like L4D2. It's a bit off-topic with this being a DLC thread, but L4D2 felt like much more like I was holding W and blasting and bashing away as I went. It felt like I was playing "Race to the Finish!" from Super Smash Bros Melee, except with zombies. That may be the appeal to some people, but from my extensive time playing zombie mod in CS:S it's just not what I'm used to from a zombie shooter. Too many hours spent sitting inside a room with soda machines blocking the doors!

4. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

I liked it and i liked the interaction with the first L4D crew so ya I enjoyed that add-on.

5. logan'srun

logan'srun following the footsteps of giants

I can't believe no one has said it: Kill Bill? KILL BILL!!!! Hahaha, valve does have a sense of humor. . .

Anyway, I liked the passing, can't really complain too much about free stuff:

HOWEVER, I too was let down by the weak interaction of the L4D characters. I played it as Versus a couple of times and wondered where the characters were since they weren't there. It wasn't until I tried it as Campaign that I saw the cheesy cut scenes. Kind of a let down. Also the finale seemed bugged as Zoey would toss Boomer Bile Jars onto the deck that she stood on and you couldn't get them, even though she kept saying -' Here's something to help you out!'.

6. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

"PC gamers have no real position to complain from."

If you got a free turd with the game, i'm sure you'd complain. Just because it's free doesn't mean we should be satisfied with mediocrity. It's been a long time coming and it didn't live up to the hype.

It certainly doesn't deserve a 7.

7. sWW

sWW Minimodder

Not sure if I would be happy had I paid for it, however as a free update its nice. I'm more interested in the mutations however than the new campain.

8. Horizon

Horizon Dremel Worthy

Bill!? Bill! BiIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLL!!!

9. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

i missed out one the versus realism last week but bleedout is an awesome mutation.

10. Horizon

Horizon Dremel Worthy

Bleedout was hit or miss because I ended up in a pack of campy whinos, yelling OMG WTF MY HEALTH this sucks, is gay, and too hard. ragequit

11. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    Vote for it in this week poll.

12. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Yeah realism versus was awesome. I only played one game on Dark Carnival but it certainly livens versus mode up a bit; I was never really that keen on it before. It was particularly funny when I managed to kill 3 people about 10 yards outside of the safehouse with a hunter. Some people obviously haven't played realism before and can't cope without all the visual aids it gives.

13. Dymond

Dymond What's a Dremel?

I would be pretty angry if I had paid for this but it was a free expansion on the pc. It wasn't enough to mitigate my disappointment with L4D2 or keep me playing it much longer. The novelty has worn off and it needed some new innovation to keep the game fresh. New situations new motivations (Something a bit more compelling than meaningless steam type achievements). Perhaps new weapons or something. With all the new games like BC2 etc the game gives you a sense of achieving something by giving you new weapons and abilities etc. (If you can actually stay connected to the EA login server long enough to play a game).

Tags: Add Tags