1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming BioShock was Unmissable

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 10 May 2010.

1. lacuna

lacuna Minimodder

I thought it was fantastic. Loved the gameplay and the art deco design

2. Dymond

Dymond What's a Dremel?

Bioshock 1 was fantastic.

Bioshock 2 felt like a dumbed down rinse and repeat of the same formula but with less character. To add insult to injury it was over incredibly quickly. Extremely disappointing. Would have helped if they had not provided it via LIVE which was frankly unforgivable. LIVE and MS have been trying hard to kill off PC gaming for sometime. This was the last LIVE enabled game I will touch.

3. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    Spore article coming next?

4. JohnDribble

JohnDribble What's a Dremel?

5. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

I thought it was pretty good.. course was on a 8800gtx

didn't play bioshock 2 =\

6. tribalman

tribalman What's a Dremel?

as a game, completely missable to me. I got about 20 minutes in and got bored. I have heard there were twists originally but it wasn't enough to make me want to try and play it again. Last week actually in my Ethics in Video Games class we watched a video of the "twist" and the whole dialogue and were discussing it for about an hour. That was more fun. It does bring up an interesting point, we often assume too many things in video games. I have a gun, therefor i MUST fire it at something. While it did make the point, it didn't DO anything with it. It tells you that you are assuming the first friendly voice is a good-guy because he says he is, but after you find out he really isn't it doesn't let you try and fix anything but put you into a big fight to once again just blindly use your guns and abilities.

7. cheeriokilla

cheeriokilla What's a Dremel?

I found Bioshock to be really terrible. Didn't like the art, didn't like the vibe, didn't like the gameplay

8. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 Minimodder

Loved Bioshock 1,
    although the cheesy 80's boss battle at the end left me a little cold.

Bioshock 2 was also excellent but in some ways less memorable than the first. Can't place why.

9. Chombo

Chombo What's a Dremel?

I bought it off of Steam for 5 USD, I have played it for about one hour. Maybe there is something wrong with me.

10. willyolio

willyolio What's a Dremel?

haven't played 2 yet, but 1 mostly needed better directing. the plot was fine, the setting was fine, etc... the "morality system" was just pure evil or pure good. bleh. towards the end it started to get repetitive... kill anything that moves. the "be a big daddy" level was the only thing i really remembered.

11. Bayaz

Bayaz What's a Dremel?

I thought the graphics and story were really good but the combat was implemented badly.

Tags: Add Tags