1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retro Fatal Optimization Demo DL/Feedback thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by KayinBlack, 5 May 2010.

1. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Yes, I finally have content that's playable.

This is completely a self-organized effort. The game was created in RPG maker VX, though the Tankentai battle system and ring menus were modules created by others. I'll be including a full list of people who created modules I used shortly.

If you find yourself in battle, and the burst gauge is not going up, don't worry. Burst is more of a party dynamic, and will get more of an explanation (and role) later in the game. Think of it as a party-based Limit Break. With only one in the party, it's not going to go up fast enough to be of use. That doesn't mean it's broken, you just don't have enough people to use it right.

Other than that, if it has no immediate use, that's probably not a bug either.

Playwise, this is an old-school 16-bit JRPG homage. Explore EVERYTHING, talk to people, examine the floor, you name it. There's a fair few easter eggs in there. Let me know if anything isn't functioning right, I'm only one man. I'm not perfect.

And now, for the moment you've all been waiting for, the download link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/383719946/Fatal_Optimization.rar

Go download and enjoy!

2. alpaca

alpaca llama eats dremel

I played the game for a bit. Altough i really liked the game, there are some points i would like to comment upon (please consider this as purely constructive feedback)

-there are quite a lot boards/labels next to doors where nothing is written on (for example in the hospital)
    -when fighting, i didn't find any clue about how much hp an enemy has.
    -why does my enemy look so much bigger than me?:(
    -my enemy keeps declaring that i need to prove that i beat him, even if i did that already a few times.
    -the teacher (or whoever he is) keeps sending me to the hospital
    -every time i enter my room, i find new and better gear (but the soap is still gone!). a bit unrealistic?
    -sometimes, if i enter a classroom, i come out in another corridor than the one i took to get in.
    - it isn't always clear where the door from the room is (especially when its on the left or bottom side of the screen)

That's about it. I hope you have a use for these comments.

alpaca

edit: maybe you should list the controls in the 'instructions'?

Last edited: 11 May 2010
  3. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

not bad- I can definitely see it taking shape

for some reason I thought the guy at the beginning was a monster XD

[​IMG]

4. JohnDribble

JohnDribble What's a Dremel?

*gasps* Have you never played Final Fantasy before?! The SNES ones were actually good, too.

As for your game KayinBlack, I'll give it a try at the weekend due to an existing condition where by anything involving the word Lvl or Level tends to draw out the addict in me.