1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News AMD and Acer: it's too early for 3D

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 12 May 2010.

1. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

AMD saying we don't need 3D yet? reminds of Nvidia not too long ago saying we don't need dx11.. once AMD has a proper 3D solution they will change their statements fast.

2. shadeygrey

shadeygrey What's a Dremel?

Hopefully when we have holodecks we wont have pagers :D

3. Claave

Claave You Rebel scum

No, AMD is saying that it's not backing one 3D standard over another yet, not that 3D is unnecessary.

4. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

How is Blu-Ray any more propitiatory than HD-DVD was?

5. Claave

Claave You Rebel scum

that's not the point - we're only saying that Blu-ray had more backing, so that proprietary format became the adopted standard for HD film distributed on discs. It's not about being more or less proprietary (if that's even possible), if anything we're just saying that competition doesn't always result in the best technology winning, but merely the one with the most support and adoption.

6. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Wrong!

It's too early for 3D because the glasses don't fit well with my over-ear headset :lol:

7. Chocobollz

Chocobollz What's a Dremel?

LOL.. I don't think u'd want Nvidia's to be in charge of the standards because they're one of the companies who's like to milk their costumers very much. As for your question, I'd say if only Nvidia would make it open and not only for their own advantages (Physx anyone?), maybe their competitors would start adopting their standards and be nice to them. And if only Nvidia didn't try to mock their competitors........... (opening a can of whoop ass? yea right.... *yawn*)

8. Saivert

Saivert Minimodder

at least NVIDIA has 3D out there now. they even had stereoscopic tech back in 2000, but then it didn't catch on. Lets see if it does this time.

Sometimes you have to go alone if you want to achieve something. Trying to get some standard is fine and dandy but if that takes years then what is the use?
    I would like stereoscopic 3D NOW.

Tags: Add Tags