1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Razer Mamba

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 11 Apr 2009.

1. Zeali

Zeali What's a Dremel?

I've had DeathAdder since release and i just love this mouse.
    Tought that mamba is my next move but the 120£/€ is just too much for a mouse. 100€ is maby the max that i could ever pay but 120 is just crazy.
    Maby i'll just stick to DeathAdder until the price is right or go and buy a Microsoft X8.

2. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

The X8 is brilliant and well worth the money.

The Mamba does look very nice indeed, but the price is just way too much. Well above what any person of sound mind would be prepared to pay for what is, essentially, a mouse. Halve the price and it'll sell like steaming baked products.

Was there a secret compartment in the box that contained a picture signed by Lord Lucan of Redrum in Atlantis? Or maybe a vial of rocking horse poo?

3. Stormwulf

Stormwulf A mod to far?

I still love my G7. Just a shame the charger isn't as good as it should have been. This Mamba just seems a little to extravagent pricewise for me to even consider.

4. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

I love my G7, flick the switch on the bottom of the charger and you get fantastic charge times. If my G7 were to die today I personally would not mind shelling out for this. The G7 is hard to come by in Australia now and after using my brothers Death Adder for over a month now I have really become used to use that classic Razer shape which I used to hate.

BTW: Second page, last sentence,You spelt Razer with an "O" instead of an "E".

5. paxstone

paxstone What's a Dremel?

Razer Mamba is the ultimate gaming mouse.

My best investment so far.

All who can't afford it are not supposed to criticize it

6. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

7. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Don't question fanboys :p

8. Neox010

Neox010 EvE Addict

I bought a G9 from Logitech as my gaming mouse, and to this moment I still use it.

9. G0UDG

G0UDG helping others costs nothing

Ive had mine for 4 months now and its an awsum mouse I cannot say Ive had any problems with it far outways the logitech G9,the mamba sits perfectly in the hand being just the right shape. I have joint pain problems and cant use a mouse for long periods as a result with the mamba no such problems this mouse may be expensive but its worth every penny in my opinion and no I dont work for or get payment from razer for my comments lol

10. juststsomeguy26

juststsomeguy26 What's a Dremel?

Had a mamba bout a year and I've used it till it broke (my own rough treatment to blame)
    Yeah its expensive as hell but it is the best all round mouse you can buy.
    Its small and comfortable enough to be used all day, it doesn't feel out of place browsing the web or in MS word. Yet its accurate and responsive as a gaming mouse can be wired or wireless. No wires is handy for media centre use where I'm not sat at the desk aswell.
    Charging a battery when wired up is a good fix for the charging problem that a lot of wireless mice ignore. If I could charge a second battery in the dock while using one with the mouse in wireless mode like you could with the logitech G7 I'd call it feature perfect.

As for faults all I can mention are that wireless means if you drop it, it falls hard (see rough treatment above).
    The rubber grips on either side are only held on by sticky gel pads that came loose with wear and heat. Though that's nothing a dab of glue couldn't fix.
    Oh and if you ever want/need to open you mamba up, beware the screws can be stubborn and its very easy to strip the heads.

11. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

I've been looking for new mouse since the new baby monitor has been interfering with my G7 (otherwise awesome mouse) and the wired feature of this Mamba looks like it's won.
    Might have to invest. :naughty:

edit -

Arghh bad issues tonight, anyone know the cheapest place to get a band new Mamba?
    This site has it for £6,072.79 & that's with £607.28 off!

Last edited: 28 Nov 2010
  12. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

You know the price goes mostly on the fancy case? ;)

Cheapest I can see it for new is £94-ish from Play (with Quidco).

13. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

yeah, I'm really after a mouse that can do wired & wireless I'll make a new thread :eek:

14. CKCalmer

CKCalmer What's a Dremel?

Whether or not they are supposed to, they will do it quite consistently. I theorize that rather than admitting they can't afford the product and therefore can't have one, it's less damaging to the ego to criticize the product and make it seem as if they choose not to buy one. Therefore, rather than reading the words they write, all I see is, "I can't have one, so I'm going to bash it instead!"

You would think that this would tend to be more common among children than adults, but it can actually be observed frequently among people of any age. I've done it, as well. Those darn Bugattis just aren't worth the price. I'd never buy one! ;)

Anyway... I've owned a Naga Epic for several months now. It was my most recent mouse purchase, in fact, until I bought a Mamba (the last-gen version with the 3.5G laser module) just yesterday. I wanted something as good as the Naga, but a little larger to better fit my hand, and I haven't grown to "need" the Naga's twelve thumb buttons as much as I had expected. After having used dozens of different gaming mice over the past several years, the Razer Naga has been my favorite yet.

I should receive my Mamba this Thursday. If it's anywhere near as great as the Naga in design and build quality, then I'll be quite thrilled with it. I can't wait! :D

15. CKCalmer

CKCalmer What's a Dremel?

Well, after spending two months with it, I can credibly say that I don't like the Mamba much at all. The Synapse feature is extremely S-L-O-W, and unfortunately there's no way to turn it off. The "Mamba Configurator" interface is much less refined than the ones for my Naga Epic and Black Widow Ultimate - almost like it's an "unfinished" version. The only way to save settings in the configurator is to repeatedly apply them several times.

It's difficult to avoid accidently pressing either of the two sensitivity adjustment buttons next to button #1, so while gaming, I'm having my mouse's sensitivity jump up and down. Very annoying. And in an FPS, deadly. I may have eventually avoided this issue if I had used the Mamba longer and had become more accustomed to it. But I consider two months to be quite long enough for a reasonable test.

And the biggest issue: Not only is the mouse less comfortable than I had anticipated, but my hand actually gets cramps after using it more than a few minutes. Everything else is quite objective, but the comfort and sensitivity button issues may only relate to me. I not only have larger than average hands, but consider that no two people's hands are alike. Some people may find the Mamba very comfortable, and others may not.

There are some other issues I have with the Mamba, but I can't remember them all at this moment. The materials and build quality of the Mamba are just as fine as those of my Naga, but it has several design shortcomings that leave it in the dust behind the Naga. And also, over the past two months, I've become very accustomed to the 12-button Naga keypad. It has become like an extension of my hand.

I've used dozens of recently released high-end gaming mice from Logitech, Madcatz/Saitek, Razer, MS, SteelSeries, and others, and as yet, none measure up to my Razer Naga.

Tags: Add Tags