1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What mouse do you currently game with?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Shadowed_fury, 12 Apr 2010.

1. GavX

GavX What's a Dremel?

Razer/MS Habu with a Razer Destructor mousemat and a Razer Lycosa... and Razer Barracuda headphones... I like Razer :D

2. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

I'm using the Logitech MX Revolution for desktop use, there's just no substitute for the flywheel when you have posts/page set to 100 :p

For gaming though i recently bought an Ozone Smog.

Ya i know, what a name, right? :eyebrow:

Despite that, it's actually a very good mouse. It allows me and my oversized hands to finally enjoy the palm grip way of mouse-usage. It's got all the bells and whistles to: adjustable weight, 5600DPS with on-the-fly adjustment between 4 configurable levels, 7 profiles with on-the-fly switching between them, and it doesn't even look bad either.
    Plus, no-one else has it, so it's another chance for me to be different :D

I'm using it anywhere between the full 5600DPI and about 3200DPI, depending on what i feel like using. I actually use the on-the-fly switching, especially when going from sniping to normal run&gun :D

3. cyrilthefish

cyrilthefish What's a Dremel?

Managed to fix this problem :)

Some cheap plastic AAA to AA battery adaptors at Maplins for a few quid + a £1 set of of 2x AAA rechargeable batteries from the local pound store made me a very happy bunny.

Now my mouse has the logitech ergonomics and is now lightweight like my old MS mouse was :)

4. mycopia

mycopia What's a Dremel?

i use a logitech g500 which i got with the g15 rev 2 (orange) keyboard on a deal for £70 quid from Scan !!

keyboard am still getting familair with but the g500 has slotted into my hand with no problems at all and i am not even using the programmable software properly yet.

upto now it is proving to be excellent especially considering i thought i preferred smaller mice.

* on a side note - no offence to thread starter - i am now looking for a mouse mat which works well with this mouse (laser sensor), does anyone have any recommendations or tips? i hve been lokking at this one

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GS-004-RC

(no particular retailer in mind it was just handy)

cheers in advance

5. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

None taken of course.
    This thread has done its job for me, and I'd guess many others too by now. Much bigger than I thought it'd go :p

I ended up buying a Razer "Goliathus" mouse mat for mine. Works a treat :)

6. mycopia

mycopia What's a Dremel?

cheers shadowed,
    however thats a monster, dont think i have the space - was also more concerned about the make-up of the mat ie is it suited to optical or laser sensors and would i notice the difference ? ! i game a bit but not what folks would call 'hardcore'. i read on another thread on bit-tech that optical sensors ie mx-518 suit granular textured mats but what about my new shiny g500? to sum up size around the 350 mill, good for laser sensor, hard not cloth, and no silly prices ie £20 quid max.

7. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

I basically got mine as its suited to a razer mouse - which I have aswell. :)
    Its not huge either, I opted for the speed one, which is tiny. Literally about 30cm wide... I barely use half of that. High sense gamer! :D

Regards your search, I'm sure theres some guys with that mouse here that'll answer shortly :)

8. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

I used a Steelseries QcK with my G5, which I understand is similar to the G500. You could opt for the 'Mass' variant if you prefer thicker mats.

The G5 hated colorful mats (like the mYm edition of the QcK), so I'd advise you to stick to solid colors.

9. mycopia

mycopia What's a Dremel?

Thx stone I will check that out !

10. Tom @ CCL

Tom @ CCL AKA: Yewen

Logitech MX1000 on an Icemat with some Steelseries mouse feet.

Quality classic setup. :)

11. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

I currently game with a wireless Trust optical mouse. It cost me £6, is a perfect shape for my hand and is just the right weight. Plus it has the bonus of a clicky scroll wheel.

It isn't perfect but it works for me. Perhaps when it breaks (I have dropped it so many times I am suprised it is still going) I will get something a little more extravegant, tbh though I have other priorities at the moment.

12. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

logitech g500

13. Zaim

Zaim Minimodder

+1 I have this mouse too, Im very happy with it, had no problems with it at all. Its much better than the Logi LX8 it replaced. this mouse is so much better when it comes to features/specs and its great to use. I really like the way you can store your settings to the onboard memory.

If you need a mouse I recommend this G500 :)

14. TCoZ

TCoZ Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo...

I use a Logitech G9x mouse with the precision grip. Perfect size for my hand and it feels good, too. A large improvement from the £5 microsoft mouse I was using before :D

15. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

I keep having to fend off my gf from stealing my G500....

She likes the side buttons too much >.< Love the mouse!!

As for mouse mats? I have a Razor (mini) Goliathus, is something like 260mm x 210mm. Pleanty for me.

16. anonemus

anonemus What's a Dremel?

A4Tech mouse that will soon be replaced by a Logitech MX518

Last edited: 25 May 2010
  17. Naked_Dave

Naked_Dave What's a Dremel?

Razer boomslang... the optical version since my ball one doesn't work in vista :/

18. Raptorex

Raptorex What's a Dremel?

Razer Naga MMOG, great mouse for MMO's

19. lil chris

lil chris What's a Dremel?

i use a razor Death Adder which I like a lot and has proved to be reliable.I also use a Razor Lycossa keyboard the glossy specail edition one,unfortunately its the 2nd one the 1st was faulty.

20. juststsomeguy26

juststsomeguy26 What's a Dremel?

Razer mamba, best all rounder money can buy.