1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Portable Should i get an iphone?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 13eightyfour, 16 May 2010.

1. warejon9

warejon9 What's a Dremel?

I'm a nokia person, and haven't had any problems with their phones for a long time. If your looking for a phone that has the internet, then don't just think of the iphone, my first phone that was out nearly 8 years ago could go on the internet, although it was limited, the iPhone has helped people to realise they can really use the internet on the go. My current phone the n95 8GB i've found to be very solid, browses the internet fine. Have you thought bout some of the sony ericson phones? I'm personally waiting out for the N8, mainly as i've just found nokia's to be reliable, as my old N80 still worked fine after going swimming.

2. SteveW-87

SteveW-87 I haz ur computer genitalia

It was on the Google G1 (HTC Dream IIRC), the app i cant honestly remember - it was pretty much the same time the phone was released.

Basically, i followed a link that a mate sent me through the IM (before anyone says anything about unknown links, this was a trusted mate who sent the same thing to someone else with no issues)

As soon as i followed this, the phone slammed to a halt, crashed completely.

Rebooted it, and it wouldnt even get past the android logo - Foobarred

As you said, rooting the phones was a pretty known cause of bricking - so i vowed never to do it. as you can imagine i was rather annoyed about my encounter

3. SteveW-87

Oh, and i just ordered the HTC HD2 - my second choice as the desire was on a 5 week waiting list.

Any opinions on this device?

4. Nodule

Nodule What's a Dremel?

Under those sort of circumstances i.e. an "approved" app killing the phone, surely warranty should have kicked in

5. SteveW-87

It was something off the market - but it was a highly rated one.

T-mobile did get a rather hissy call off me, and the phone was sent for repair - 3 TIMES!!!!!

6. rollo

rollo Modder

Depends what you want a phone for

iPhone is good for media music games general web browsing
    it's not the best for text or calls

Blackberry is best text phone and it had superb call quality
    lacks decent media apps, play back of music is poor

desire has lots of apps but most of them are done better elsewere

My dad has the desire

I have iPhone 3gs

Sister and mam on blackberrys

All state there's is best.

iPhone is a good buy if you what it does but it's a poor text phone and the call quality is avr. And don't just pick up a 16gb and think that's big enough I now have 20gb of apps alone on my 32gb

7. Tanacel

Tanacel What's a Dremel?

Bought my Iphone purely so i had an mp3 player and a phone in one device, so replaced a Nokia on 3 and an ipod nano with one device. Very pleased with it and would upgrade to the next model when its released and my contracts up

8. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I've had my iphone 3g for a good few months and it's been the best phone I've ever had. Being able to quickly google photo voltaic panels while walking the dog was kinda handy the other evening. My contract's not up until next February iirc at which time the 4g will be on my shortlist, unless it's a massive flop.