1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official CPC & Bit-Tech Chimps Challenge 2010 Thread

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by coolamasta, 14 Apr 2010.

?

New Username for Chimps Challenge?

Poll closed 16 Apr 2010.
  1. CustomBitChimps

12 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. ChimpMyRide

9 vote(s)
    32.1%
  3. ChimpsAgogo

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. SpankTheMonkeys

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  1. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Did you restart the clients?

2. chin913

chin913 忍び So say we all

Yeah sure did but never rebooted,just done it now fingers crossed it works this time all looks correct in fahspy

3. Taffy

Taffy Folding for Margaret 17/3/2011 RIP

It looks as if someone has not changed over yet, perhaps they are trying to get this years score up to last years.:D BTW I have just received my Ailienware M17x -2, after waiting 3 long months, is it possible to fold on a Laptop without too much heat developing, ? however the Spec on this unit(which I won on Bit-tech) is absolute crap with an i5 2 core CPU and a miserable 139Gb HDD, but it has 4gb of memory, hardly capable of being a gaming laptop :duh::duh::duh: Sig Back to normal for another year :thumb:

Last edited: 20 May 2010
  4. Christopher N. Lew

Christopher N. Lew Folding in memory of my father

If a user changes name using the configure setting (in system tray clients, but probable with others) I believe it doesn't take effect until the work unit finishes. Is this correct?

5. Taffy

Taffy Folding for Margaret 17/3/2011 RIP

I believe that that is correct. but I was only joking:D

Aterius Gmork likes this.
  6. jimbo90210us

jimbo90210us What's a Dremel?

I could be one of the ones that hasn't. Well till now. I have just switched off 1 of my SMP folders and changed 1 back over to my username. That one will go off in a bit (will get it going again once the misses has calmed down over the leccy bill):D:D:D

7. ArthurBuse

ArthurBuse CustomBitChimps member

Maximum PC have finished the Chimp Challenge. Congratulations, maximum_monkey:thumb:. Also, don't forget the two teams who are showing strength of character by continuing to fold to the end of the month and into June. It isn't over until the fat lady sings. Wednesday June 9th. Sydney Opera House. :)

8. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Phoenicis has appeared on my overtake list so I'm guess he's not changed over yet (26.9 years to overtake though).

8.2 hours & cpchimps will be overtaken

9. jimbo90210us

jimbo90210us What's a Dremel?

Only about a couple of hundred years for me to do that then :sigh:

10. phoenicis

phoenicis Retired Chimp

Sorry, since leaving work I have been abusing the privilege of free drinks in a hotel lounge to celebrate the positive outcome of our final race to the line. Oh, and my b'day too ;)

Logmein fired up and clients all changed back now.

A big well done to everyone for finishing in style and many thanks to coola for captaining. I don't think I noticed anyone switching back to their own username throughout. We have again demonstrated what a consistent and determined bunch of blokes we are :thumb:

Congrats to MPC on their finish and indeed to all the teams, including one or two we might be a little miffed at, for the contributions made to the science :)

Not to forget the two teams yet to finish, I'm willing them on. The Aussies are where we were last year, the poor yet valiant sods.

Last edited: 20 May 2010
  11. ArthurBuse

ArthurBuse CustomBitChimps member

Our chimp only overtakes in mysterious circumstances. Last year, [H]ardOCP imploded. We overtook them. This year maximum_monkey's output plunged (graph) after the first two teams finished. We overtook them. People are going to suspect we have hired a team of flying monkey assasins from Mr Burns of Springfield.

12. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

The straight upward line on my production graph to 30K PPD is like a warm blanket (or in this weather, a cold beer ;)) after being stuck on less than 15K with only one rig online since Janurary :)

13. AeroSmythe

AeroSmythe What's a Dremel?

Thanks for your encouraging posts at OCAU, ArthurBuse !! I'm here to tell you and the fine crowd around you that Team24 (OCAU) will plow on to the end !! LOL ~! It won't be a quick thing, but we WILL make it without a quit ! Damn... I just ordered a GTX470 last night to try and speed things up !!
    The cool thing is that I now have a login at your forum !

AeroSmythe, Team24 owners of the 2010 MonkeyPaw..

14. Christopher N. Lew

Christopher N. Lew Folding in memory of my father

I'd like to thank ArthurBuse for his summaries through the challenge, which saved me having to look at the stats page and do the sums - so could spend the time increasing productivity.

And thanks also for representing the team by posting on all the competitors' threads.

+1 rep

15. Norfolk'N'Good

Norfolk'N'Good Folding Chimp

+1 and +1rep to ArthurBuse

16. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

i will do the chimps thing next year,

soon as i get rid of this loan (6-12 months target will be about 250K ppd currently it be 100K soon as i get some pipes for the 4th rig) need to test to see if this GA EX58-UD3R works or not (need an video card..)

17. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

Ok - back up and running after the move. And I miss the end of the CC! poos!. Oh well I did supply a few points at the start. Will change my client back now :)

18. coolamasta

coolamasta Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

Hi all, sorry for the delay on the Rep/Kudos been a busy few days with work stuff again! :(

Anyway just gave 10 people theirs (can only do 10 in 24hrs) rest of you to follow over next 2 days :)

On a different note the rules for CC 2011 are already being discussed and I will fill you all in if it leads anywhere or if its going to be left to nearer the time.

Cheers,
    Rob. :thumb:

19. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

I think the biggest issue for next year is the blatent priming that some teams did. While I struggle to see how this can be 'policed' it does sku the competition against those who play by the rules.

20. Bishbosh

Bishbosh Brutally Subtle

Could you prime work units under a different name then chage them at the last moment ..

If the dodgey teams were given their team " Chimp Name " with 3 hours before the start would they be able to rename mid fold ??