1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Blu Ray and iPlayer in Windows 7 media center

Discussion in 'Software' started by Tanacel, 20 May 2010.

1. Tanacel

Tanacel What's a Dremel?

My media center has win 7 64bit and a liteon blu ray drive. The drive came with a copy of power dvd 8, which works fine but doesn't intergrate with media center so i can't use the media remote i bought to drive it.

Anyone recommend a) free software that plays blu - ray via media center (a media player classic or vlc style bit of software or b) if blu ray is still locked up by Sony (evil sony...) can anyone give me a recommendation of bought software they use that intergrates with Win 7

Don't really want to use a key mapper to drive it...

Second point - can you intergrate BBC Iplayer into Win 7 media center yet - i've not seen anything official but thought someone would have done this by now?

cheers guys

2. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Arcsoft Total Media Theatre integrates with media centre perfectly.

For iplayer you want tunerfree mce

Dr. Awesome likes this.
  3. Tanacel

Tanacel What's a Dremel?

Cheers!

4. Snubbs

Snubbs CustomPC Migration victim....

Another shout for TunerFree MCE - its ace.

Also, for live streaming tv via internet (in MCE) check out TVCatchup - I think their MCE plugin is on their forums.

5. kate59588

kate59588 Banned

You can use MPC Homecinema as a Media Player Classic Home Theater. MPC Homecinema supports a wide range of decoding formats and file formats.

To make commercial Blu-ray playable with Media Player Classic Homecinema, one thing you have to do is using a bluray converter to remove the new BD+ copy protections before your playback.