1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs Does the GeForce GTX 465 reveal Nvidia’s plans for Fermi?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 18 May 2010.

1. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I like this. Quoted. :D

2. dactone

dactone dact-one

out of all the oven and barbacue jokes this ones the best!

3. CharlO

CharlO What's a Dremel?

What do you call it when they call the same product different names? Sh*t Im going red! That's what

4. fingerbob69

fingerbob69 Minimodder

Fermi is fubar.

Ati have been handed a solid gold head start on the next generation of gpu while still having both developement and pricing headroom on this generation.

If I was an Nvidia shareholder, I would not be very happy right now.

5. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

If Ati could emulate Cuda i think nobody would buy nvidia cards.

6. Tanacel

Tanacel What's a Dremel?

With a Fermi, my dream of a pc that plays games and can actually boil the tea at the same time with 8xAA enabled finally comes true!

7. kylew

kylew What's a Dremel?

The head of branding/marketing was arrested last year for "joking" about having a bomb while on a plane leaving America.

I think it's a perfect example of the mentality of nVidia's marketing and branding "strategies".

8. kylew

kylew What's a Dremel?

No, they would, you've got people who won't touch anything non-nVidia, they're generally either "not well" or have the crazy and or think PhysX is worthwhile.

These same people usually make posts that look like nVidia marketing blurbs, so they're very easy to spot.

9. philheckler

philheckler Used to be a pc enthusiast

Or maybe they are just people who've had bad experiences with 'other ' manufacturers cards in the past :)

10. kylew

kylew What's a Dremel?

They like to claim so, but it's generally a case of PEBKAC, but rather than accept that, they'd rather blame a whole rather large company for selling "shoddy" products.

When you're into computers, you should know that hardware and software problems are generally brand agnostic. Just because you've had a problem with one bit of hardware doesn't mean that you'll have problems with all products from that brand, and those that think that are generally fools anyway.

When some one happily spends £400 on brand A for X performance when they could have bought brand B for £300 for virtually identical performance, but they "prefer" brand A, that offers nothing over brand B other than its name, then you have a fool on your hands.

I get the impression that you're one of those "I couldn't get my ATi drivers to install that one time, so ATi are crap and they don't work ever".

11. shadows

shadows What's a Dremel?

I've always gone green, the current card in my rig is the 8800GT and it's done me well no issues and can still play some of the games today, albeit at low graphics. I'm looking at switching cards.

I'm looking more towards ATI, they've got the edge on DX11 and are quite fair for price / performance, also another reason being the nvidia product names are confusing the hell out of me.

I can't stand people who use one bad experience with a brand to completely tear them a new one, they'll even hold it for years.

12. barndoor101

barndoor101 Bring back the demote thread!

everyone always rips ATI drivers, and says nvidia drivers are the dogs *ahem* - but i have both sets installed at home and they are both decent

Last edited by a moderator: 20 May 2010
  13. memeroot

memeroot aged and experianced

will sli out do xfire is the question we should be asking

14. Unknownsock

Unknownsock What's a Dremel?

Because it can imply alot?

15. llOriginll

llOriginll Minimodder

My mate just got a 480, he seemed proud of the fact that when I touched it (anti-static wrist band) I recalled in pain at the heat.

Weird people, weird cards. ATi are my friends now.

16. somewhereoveryonda

somewhereoveryonda You'll never know when to buy!

From what I've heard between £200 to £250 depending where you read at.. I'd reckon close to £250... That would fill this price range out and hit the 5850. Also the other cards on the way would have to be cheaper than this one... but the 460 wouldn't be less than £200 surely?

17. Arj12

Arj12 What's a Dremel?

Is there any chance of this release bringing the price down of 5770/5850? I'm really wanting to get a new graphics card but they all seem to be quiet pricey at the moment in the UK!

18. Jediron

Jediron What's a Dremel?

19. phantombudgie

phantombudgie What's a Dremel?

Looks like there's going to be a decent selection of cards to choose from when I finally get a bigger monitor - purely in order to justify a graphics card upgrade :D

20. TFSakon

TFSakon What's a Dremel?

I'd like a mid high range but atm nVidia ar'ent delivering

Tags: Add Tags