1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Who else is a ***** when it comes to hot weather??

Discussion in 'General' started by stuartpb, 23 May 2010.

1. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

I'm ginger.

2. Herbicide

Herbicide Lurktacular

And me.

Sunburned already.

Have you not heard of sunglasses?

3. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

I have a broken nose, which is broken just under the ridge. So when I wear shades, they are very uncomfortable. I need to get my nose straightened to be able to wear specs without the discomfort. It also puts the kids off their ice cream when they see that the bottom of my nose doesn't line up with the top half, and wearing specs makes this stand out like a sore thumb.:D

Last edited: 23 May 2010
  4. cyrilthefish

cyrilthefish What's a Dremel?

I kinda get the worst of both worlds :p

I'm skinny and my body is utterly terrible at regulating my temp. So not only do i get cold very easily in the winter, i overheat equally quickly in hot weather :lol:

I'm starting to prefer colder weather though, as adding layers of clothing is much easier than trying to keep cool :)
    Maybe will have to move away from the UK south coast in the future :D

5. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

If this global warming lark is all true, I can see the highlands of Scotland being overrun with us sun swervers:D

6. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

I haaaaaaaate this heat. anything over 25C and I'm a mess. It was 27 here today, and 31 in my computer room!

It's still 28 in here now with the windows open.

7. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

I burn during the day and I can't sleep at night because of the heat. :(

8. cyrilthefish

cyrilthefish What's a Dremel?

Yep!

I slightly prefer north wales myself though (Snowdonia area = win) :D

9. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

I remember someone saying that drinking hot drinks is supposed to work better than cold drinks in keeping you cool, well it doesn't work and is a load of old cobblers! I have had so much coffee today, I feel shaky with the caffeine, and I'm still sweating like a pig on a spit. At least it's supposed to be cooling down tomorrow:thumb:

10. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Gay for Yunosuke

Not tomorrow, it's meant to be approaching 30 in London, but from tuesday onwards yes.

11. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

Thats for the shandy drinkers, us northerners are going to feel a little cooler tomorrow. 23°c in sunny Doncaster, but we are off to Cleethorpes tomorrow for the day, where it's reckoned to be around 16°c. Can't wait tbh, and I never thought I would be happy about having a day in Cleggy either:D

12. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

Went airsofting in the boiling sun. T-shirt and webbing, and thin camo over a pair of jeans (need to protect my man bits somehow) - great weather for it, even if I managed to get through several hydration packs...

Totally worth it, but a few people stayed at base camp because it was too hot.

On the flip side, if you need to cool down in the summer, remember there are only so many layers to take off before you can get done for indecent exposure ;)

13. Arj12

Arj12 What's a Dremel?

Agreed 100%. Especially at night when you can't sleep very well at all like the past 2 days for me!
    I'm surprised the media hasn't picked up on this saying "heat wave" etc!

14. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

My room is at the top of the house, so from now until September it's going to be 30ºC+ in here; with the sun hitting the flat roof all day. Five minutes to midnight with all the windows open, the digital thermometers are still reading 25ºC . During the winter however, it's ****ing freezing.

At work, the office is 25ºC most of the year round and 30ºC on a warm day. No aircon, just windows.

15. ripmax

ripmax Minimodder

I have my Gaming pc and my server all in my tiny room, it's a dam sauna. It's nice and cool everywhere else but my room. I wonder if i can watercool my room.

16. DeathAwaitsU

DeathAwaitsU I'm Back :D

Bring back winter i say, hate the heat, and it stresses me out so i get very irritable, especially in ques

17. Pieface

Pieface Modder

I was out doing photography, arms are going red now lol.

18. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

That's the thing, manual labour and outdoor stuff is great in the sun, it's just intellectual stuff that becomes a form of torture. Having to think when you're overheating is horrible.

I long to be finished with education, to be out making wooden structures and tearing up weeds and climbing on things.

19. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I can't deal with hot temperatures because, as usual, of my piece of shìt skin. Excuse my language but if there were skin brands, mine would have been made by Lada ; terrible at everything, good at nothing and parts that fall off

Zurechial likes this.
  20. October

October Mariachi Style

Wow, much nerd hate for the sun! Personally I'm all for it. I'm as much of a sweaty mess as y'all seem to be but I'd far prefer that to shivering my nads off while wrapped in enough layers to restrict movement down to basic remote control usage.

I sat outside all afternoon in the sun, ate an ice cream, had a McDs, and played rounders with my youth group. Arms are definitely a bit burnt but damn it was nice not needing to worry about having a hoody just in case. Wish I'd worn shorts!

Plus the world looks sooo much nicer when the suns out :D