1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News US appoints cyber warfare general

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 24 May 2010.

1. Chaos_Engine

Chaos_Engine What's a Dremel?

Do you think he has a metal skeleton and beady red eyes?

2. Woodspoon

Woodspoon What's a Dremel?

"US General Keith Alexander has been chosen to lead the US Cyber Command division, designed to take control of world-wide computer networks in the event of war"

Do the Americans know something we dont? are we in danger of another global war that would require them to hijack everyone's networks?
    Does this include UK military and government networks?

Have they not got enough war's and conflicts going on at the moment without needing to go starting a "virtual" one.

Or is this just a job title made up by them so they can say what they want should somebody be daft enough to get caught trying to get into one of their systems.

3. B3CK

B3CK Minimodder

I think this announcement helps the military gain access to search and isp filtering and cutting the internet lines of communications between the us and foreign soils a little easier. I wish the router companies would provide a way to block other nations a little easier on the home user models. There is no reason I should have pings coming to my house from china all day long. There slowing down my response time in game.

4. MacWalka

MacWalka What's a Dremel?

Erm does everyone forget that internet was initially invented by the US military in the first place?

Fact is, if you can use the internet to disrupt an enemies communications, systems etc. it will definitely be an aid.

I honestly don't think that this is a case of militarisation of the internet and hitting our civil liberties for example but a pragmatic plan to defend the U.S from hackers. The internet has already been used to attack the US so it makes sense to want to defend themselves from that line of attack.

5. Mraedis

Mraedis Minimodder

Except it wasn't.

Tags: Add Tags