1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases New case and MB advice

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by civicteer, 25 May 2010.

1. civicteer

civicteer What's a Dremel?

Hi,

Just a quick question. I'm wanting to upgrade my PC case, I'm thinking of the Antec 300 as its has excellent reviews and doesn't cost the earth!

However with it being a bigger case,and I'm still new to PC building, will my Asus M4A785TD-M Evo Motherboard fit it as its and mATX motherboard I think.

Also do you recommend I get the two front fans too?

Thanks

Paul

2. olimorgan

olimorgan What's a Dremel?

Would have thought any ATX and mATX mobo would fit.

How much cooling depends on how much heat your gonna be making. What else is going inside it and are you overclocking etc?

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

The Antec 300 will fit any ATX or mATX board just fine. :thumb:

Dont add extra fans unless you really need them, they just add more noise.

4. Marine-RX179

Marine-RX179 What's a Dremel?

I would add at least one 120mm fan to front as intake though, as there is none come with default.

5. civicteer

Well ill be gaming quite a bit with it, my current case is quite small so I can't even fit a decent heat sink to my cpu as its too thin, its not got great airflow and heats up inside, plus its cheap and nasty. I wont be over clocking just yet but i dont want to rule it out. To be honest I'm not in any desperate need but i just want it HA.

6. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

The 300 is one of my fave cases as well, goes to show how cheap can be cheerful when the manufacturer doesn't try to add any crazy features, but just concentrates in making a simple and sturdy basic case.

Also instead of getting any extra fans I'd actually suggest blocking the side vent or swapping the side panels with each other. This forces the exhaust fans to suck more air through the front dust filter and hard drive cage.

7. civicteer

thanks guys, I'm gonna go ahead and get the Antec 300! I hope its cooler than my current crappy case!

Next a CPU after market cooler! :D once you start upgrading you cant stap haha

Paul

8. krunedog2

krunedog2 What's a Dremel?

I got Antec 300 recently. Great case, easy to set up, getting very low temps and good airflow and I havent installed any extra fans other than replacing stock cpu cooler with a Titan Fenir. Even when I tried an OC it was still very cool inside according to CT.

9. civicteer

I don't think my mobo could fit a titan, in fact I wouldn't really think a CPU cooler over 100mm would fit as it would either hit the ram or the mobo fin things. Shame though, as it looks like an excellent CPU cooler