1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education Mature Student Blog

Discussion in 'General' started by stuartpb, 30 May 2010.

1. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

I have been a part time, mature student at the University of Sheffield now for one academic year. Early on in my first semester, I was advised to keep a record of my time as a student. I keep a personal diary, but have decided to expand on this by writing a blog. I hope to write about my studies, as well as the more personal side of being a mature student. If it sounds interesting then feel free to drop by, and all comments/suggestions on the blog are welcomed there.

http://studying.hexsys.co.uk

2. Josh_UK

Josh_UK What's a Dremel?

I'm hopefully heading to Sheffield Uni in September, so will definitely check it out.

3. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

Thanks:thumb: I reckon you will enjoy your time at Sheffield, it's a pretty cool Uni. The student union is supposed to be one of the best in the UK, and there's always loads happening.

4. deadlyavenger

deadlyavenger What's a Dremel?

I'm *just* about to graduate from Sheffield with an MEng (hopefully). Got one exam left on Wednesday :)

I've loved my time here and I'd recommend it to anyone. Plenty to see and do. :)

5. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Gay for Yunosuke

Needs moar boobs.

sorry, couldn't resist

6. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Ha - my girlfriend's family is visiting at the moment. Her Dad is a lecturer there (Geography and GIS though) and I've just shown him the blog. THE STAFF ARE WATCHING YOU!

7. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

Ooo-err!! Better watch what I am saying about the staff then:D