1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other When do you sing?

Discussion in 'General' started by mvagusta, 1 Jun 2010.

?

When/where do you sing?

1. Never

16 vote(s)
    20.8%
  2. On your own

42 vote(s)
    54.5%
  3. With guys and gals you know well

24 vote(s)
    31.2%
  4. Anywhere

19 vote(s)
    24.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ModMonkey

ModMonkey Size 11 Carbon footprint

generally when its all over.

mvagusta likes this.
  2. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

Fairly often while driving - although I really should remember to wind my windows up in a traffic jam, as I doubt other road users like my rendition of whatever happens to be coming out the stereo.

Other times include drunken group classics like 'House of the Rising Sun' and 'Hotel California'

mvagusta likes this.
  3. wgy

wgy What's a Dremel?

when i'm alone.

seriously... i don't even sing happy birthday in front of people. sad really.

mvagusta likes this.
  4. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

I answered with "never" but that's not entirely true. I will occassionally spout out a couple lines of a song in a meager attempt at singing, usually in parody. Often times singing otherwise normal songs in a deep pseudo-romantic voice to confuse and disturb those around me.

The only real singing occurs on two rare moments: either Kansas's Carry On My Wayward Son or Aerosmith's Dream On start playing by chance. If they are chosen on an mp3 player or something of the sort it does not count, but if either one happens to play in a store/restaurant/car radio you'd better hope you're not within earshot.

5. weasal

weasal What's a Dremel?

I sing whenever I feel like it which ends up being most of the time. If its when I'm just out and about or at work its generally just very quiet to myself but listening to music in my room it ends up being a variety of 'performances'.

I freaked out my Ex a few times when I have managed to hit a note higher than she did.

Chris

6. knuck

knuck Hate your face

rofl

I don't either ! Weird huh

7. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

It was a bit cold this morning, so we warmed up our throats with another favourite, we are the champions :rock: My boy has more guts than me, he was still singing it out loud for the other kids and parents to enjoy when we got to childcare. Many of the other kids sing too which is hillarious I think, some of them sound like chipmunks :hehe:

8. weasal

weasal What's a Dremel?

i really want to sing at the top of my voice right now just due to complete happiness with the last 7 hours. i must resist due to family sleeping though.

9. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

I whistle or hum, never sing

10. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

ALL DAY EVERYDAY!

/sarcasm

Last edited: 2 Jun 2010
    mvagusta likes this.
  11. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

Wouldn't it be cool if everyone put up a little video on youtube singing something... i dunno, maybe everyone could take turns at a verse of never gonna give you up :hehe:

Maybe we could also mix in a loop of that cool bin men beat!

12. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

ahha yyyeah right. i don tknow how to sing.

besides... youre supposed to be on TinyChat!

13. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

I sing when I'm drunk, in the bath, with friends and occasionally with family (or at least those relatives I'm especially close to).

Yep. It's most cliched song ever, especially as a college student with an acoustic guitar. But it's just fun :p

mvagusta likes this.
  14. GMX09

GMX09 Frequent Tweaker

I sing a lot when I have loud music playing, because nobody can hear me. :p

I also seem to sing a lot when I'm drunk, or so my friends say.

mvagusta likes this.
  15. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

I used to earn money in college as a singer for hire for the Roman Catholic diocese there (even though I'm Baptist) and still put in quite a bit of practice time.

Most requested these days is normally something ridiculous, such as Stryper's "To Hell With The Devil" or The Darkness-"I Believe In A Thing Called Love," things that showcase my unnatural range. As to Youtube videos, been meaning to do that. I'll have to look into it.

mvagusta likes this.
  16. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

For some reason I hadn't even attempted to sing until about 2yrs ago. I mimed all the way through assemblies and nativities during school and never sang around friends. Then I found myself with Rock Band, a mic and an empty house and gave it a go. Much to my absolute shock I am really good at matching pitch (I'm very aware doing well on RB style games doesn't mean I can sing). I gold starred Jefferson Airplane's 'White Rabbit' on my very first attempt and that made me ridiculously happy. Then this happened :rock: I'm pretty sure I can get to the #1 spot as the time I got that #3 score I didn't follow my usual overdrive path. Admittedly not as many people are on that leaderboard as the RB2 one, but I was in the top 20 for that one a while back too. Need to regain some places I think.

But anyway, I now sing when the house is empty, but I hope RB will get my confidence up one day so someone else can hear me sing. Hopefully they won't think I'm completely tuneless :)

mvagusta likes this.
  17. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

Anywhere and everywhere. I know I am shite but I enjoy singing so will continue to do so.

mvagusta likes this.
  18. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

I'm singing right now la la tra la tra laaaa :lol:I've even been know to do the odd jigg as well.

mvagusta likes this.
  19. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Only in the car... windows down, songs blaring (but not too loud!) and a good ol' sing along. Great fun, makes commuting more fun. :D

mvagusta likes this.
  20. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Usually when I'm alone, but I don't mind singing when I'm listening to my MP3 or when I'm with a few good friends.

mvagusta likes this.