1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Bad Company 2 - £15 on Amazon

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by earlydoors, 15 May 2010.

1. krunedog2

krunedog2 What's a Dremel?

nice! just ordered from the HUT for £13.93. Thankyou

2. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

time to start a bt team me thinks!

3. October

October Mariachi Style

There was a reader's night on wednesday :thumb: but I couldn't find the server :grr:

Anywho, my soldier name (is that what you would need?) is October42, I have no regular play schedule whatsoever :lol:

4. Kasius

Kasius Bringin' the dremolition

Appears The Hut have gotten wise. '10BANK' only applies a £1 discount now :duh:

5. Davzyii

Davzyii What's a Dremel?

Thats a pretty good deal. I have been thinking about getting this game for a while and at that price I think I will.

6. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

I feel the defib should either have a 1 defib per respawn limit, or bring guys back in really low health status, forcing the medic to either heal you, or have the guy getting ressed run and hide somewhere. They also have to fix a bug/whatever that makes the guys getting defibbed invincible for a few seconds when being revived. These things are critical when your enemy is in your M-Com and the medic keeps bringing back their whole damn squad in full health no matter how many times you kill them.

7. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

completely agree with all those points.

on Nelson Bay, it's impossible to defend against a team of medics. there are no vehicle thus making medics dominate with their ultra-large-clip LMG. just look at M60's power, equal to M14 without the need to reload and it's more accurate.

like the low health suggestion, or even make revive process takes 2 second, both vulnerable during that time.

8. Andyh_Lufc

Andyh_Lufc What's a Dremel?

I saw this last night on the server list, I think its a Multiplay server. Something like "Multiplay.co.uk Custom PC Magazine"

9. gcwebbyuk

gcwebbyuk Dib Dabbler

I am struggling being a low rank - 2 - fighting people of higher ranks :(

Are there any servers that are limited to noobs like me - to kind of allow a levelish playing field?

10. earlydoors

earlydoors Minimodder

Installed on Sunday, having just come back from hols (the game was delivered the day I went away!)

Blasted through the campaign at normal difficulty in 7-8 hours, not expecting to enjoy it, but actually ended up loving it the whole way through! The interaction between the characters is so compellingly enjoyable.

Fired up the main event (multiplayer) yesterday night, and thought :jawdrop: wtf is happening around me? Absolute chaos with Apache's, tanks and sht running around - it felt like war, though!

Lol'ed when I jumped into a friendly helicopter as it was getting off the ground, only to realise the pilot was as much of noob as me, as he flew us into the side of the cliff-face.

Eased out of that map and into another (playing the game mode where you have to destroy/defend M-Com stations), where I had a little time to think about what I was doing and really enjoyed it, providing some very modest ownage.

Amazing game and the sound is phenomenal.

Any noob tips would be helpful

add me, if you want - earlydoors

11. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Im struggling aswell, but cant work out if i do actually suck or if its because of the level im at (2)

So far ive found it easier playing recon at the levels im at, playing as a sniper/spotter/mortar on the maps that allow it, and i do actually spot and mortar! unlike some of the much higher leveled recons ive had on my team! (you know, the ones that pick a spot and sit in it all game maybe letting off 5 shots max!)On the smaller/tigher/vehicle maps i tend to pick the engineer and just get stuck in.

12. flukielukie

flukielukie The Cool Guy

Good deal, strongly recommend this game actually requires teamwork as apposed to see first, shoot first rambo style Call of Duty.

Hope many people buy this, Dice deserve the support.

13. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

if you are struggling to kill the other person, you can try hard-core servers, it is known as noob game mode because all you have to do is to not get seen, and it's really easy without spotting.

a couple tips:

-assault: use smoke to provide cover, and be at front of pack. prepared to die a lot since enemy will most likely be medics using over powered M60 LMG or CG rocket launcher. give ammo to other people

-engineer: hang back, use your silenced weapons to flank enemy. use your rockets at back/side of tanks for double damage. try to avoid other people since your weapon is no match against their over powered M60 LMG with magnum ammo.

-medic. at middle of pack to provide covering fire. your role is to keep assault alive and keep the attacking force at front line (otherwise your team will have to push from spawn again) most people play medic like an assault by slapping on overpowered M60, medics are not mean to be at front line killing people! hang back a bit and make sure your teammates are healthy.

-recon: don't hang back in a remote island, stay behind medics to spot enemy. throw motion sensor to help out assaults. if all else fails, go shotgun on their asses when in small area such as one of the last base in Nelson Bay.

the single most important item in this game is smoke nade. use it to blind enemy, use it to save yourself from snipers, use it to arm/disarm MCOM stations and use it to kill people (similar way to kill people as noob tube, direct impact)
    2nd most important item is motion sensors. a well organised team can win a game without letting their ticket go under 50 by using combination of motion sensor and smoke nades.

on the other hand, a well organised team of medic can win Nelson Bay (one without tanks) without letting their ticket count go under 80, which is ridiculous. (\rent)

Last edited: 4 Jun 2010
  14. October

October Mariachi Style

Can't get enough of this game atm, just off a 3 hour Rush-fest :D Starting to hate the M60 lots lol