1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Crysis 2 Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 3 Jun 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

The jury is still out I think. One thing I am sure of is that Crysis 2 will not come close to pushing the boundaries of graphics that the original did, which is a real shame.

3. tristanperry

tristanperry Minimodder

Thanks for the preview. It sounds like they're fixing some of the niggling flaws without completely over-hauling the game. Could make for a better game I guess.

4. ParaHelix.org

ParaHelix.org What's a Dremel?

The graphics are amazing, but that is obvious for Crysis. The thing that worries me is the game play. Particularly in Warhead, I felt that it was pointless shooting with little storyline, which can become boring after the initial "WOW" graphics factor.

5. maximus09

maximus09 Forever n00b

How many people are going to be able to play this on high detail anyway? I'm sure it will be a minority. And when the majority of us do have a system capable of playing this game on high detail I'm sure Crytek will release another game that goes beyond our hardware! Not to mention they are probably waiting for the next gen of consoles to up the graphics.

6. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

So what is this, the only sequel in history with worse graphics than the original?

7. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

I can think of one person that may be less than impressed with the changes to the suit modes. Seems to me though they've jumped on the FO3/generic post apocalyptic shooter, which if im honest im a little bored of now.

8. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

It's still going to be tweakable for the PC. I can't wait to start playing around with the cvar files...

I'm glad that this is going to be released on consoles; it means that they actually have to optimise it this time round.

9. lacuna

lacuna Minimodder

Im not really fussed what it looks like really so long as it is a decent game. I doubt I will be getting a new pc for a couple of years so it will be the ps3 release for me

10. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

combined suit mode?

im sorry, fast switching between speed and strength is what made a good Crysis player great. i think they didn't consider PC gamer at all, i am willing to bet they hadn't watched Gunsmith's videos.

11. earlydoors

earlydoors Minimodder

Going to have to go a long way to beat Bad Company 2 imo

12. Nikols

Nikols What's a Dremel?

Jury is out, it was the forest that made crysis for me, it was like metal gear snake eater but with a forest you could interact with, I was looking forward to returning to even more interaction and immersion. There was a couple of videos a while back, one showing an ambush of a lorry and the other walking up a river that looked amazing. Then the news broke that it's set in new york, boo! I'd just wanted improvements like the ability to move through tree tops or scale cliffs, and more enemies and action to necessitate the use of these abilities. Basically remove some of the physical limitations from the original.
    I suppose it's keeping true to it's predator comparisons, 1st film in the jungle, 2nd in the city... I hope the result isn't the same as the first films a classic while there was just something that didn't work about having a predator adapt to an urban jungle. At least there appears to be two legged enemies again!

13. rickysio

rickysio N900 | HJE900

So now Crysis 2 has a wallhack too. X-ray eyes...?

Sounds interesting, though. Now if they let us destroy buildings to create routes - that'd be kickass.

14. Deadpool46

Deadpool46 What's a Dremel?

Regarding the PC version; apparently they'll talking about DX11 features after the summer... http://www.incrysis.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=873&Itemid=1

Also some positives at the end of this from eyes on with the PC version... http://www.incrysis.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=874&Itemid=1

I'm hoping that the lack of PC coverage is because they're trying to prove the console versions are possible. They do maintain that they won't disappoint PC gamers with the new tech but I guess they would say that wouldn't they?

15. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

I'm on the fence still but i must say the lack of pc covereage is concerning, however i can understand why they're showing off to the bottom feeders first.

Im going to do what I originally did with the original Crysis, ignore it until its out. that way then I can't get dissapointed with the final product.

16. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

I think Warhead suffered because you already knew the storyline before you played the game. Sure it offered a different perspective, but it felt like you were retreading old ground. Crysis was always more gameplay-driven than storyline-driven anyway, so it wasn't a massive issue.

I think the Crytek developers knew how to play the game properly, I just think they wanted to take a different approach with this one. Most people spent most of their time in armour or cloak modes, so giving the suit two baselines modes with two switchable modes makes more sense and actually opens up a lot more different strategies. The new suit upgrades sound interesting as well.

Not really. They're very different games - BC2 is very multiplayer-orientated like the rest of the BF series, while Crytek's games have always been more single-player orientated. The campaign of BC2 was a pretty boring linear shooter affair like the CoD games, so it won't be very hard to beat that.

17. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

having been thinking about it having both armour and cloak as base modes sounds quite cool, im just having issues picturing a radial menu that allows for rapid switching of both modes.

18. bogie170

bogie170 What's a Dremel?

Graphically looks amazing. Playability wise, Crytek need to look at the Call of Duty games and see how smooth own player movement is. The other Crysis games I played all felt clunky with regards to this issue.

19. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Tbh Ive never really cared about an enviroment apart from "ooooo these graphics look pretty" then "oh another set of chest hight walls, Im think im about to get into another battle"

20. raxonb

raxonb Minimodder

Like many multiplatform games I just hope the PC gamer doesn't have to wait 6 months after the console versions are released. Even a few weeks is unacceptable.

Tags: Add Tags