1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Hanns-G 28” HG281DJ or Samsung T260HD reviews?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by vaderag, 15 May 2008.

1. vaderag

vaderag I know what a Dremel is...

Has anyone seen any review for either of these monitors: Hanns-G 28” HG281DJ or Samsung T260HD?
    I think i've decided that i'm probably going to buy one or the other, but i want to see some reviews!

Either that or personal opinions if anyone owns either!

Thanks!

Last edited: 15 May 2008
  2. vaderag

3. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

I have a HANNS-G 19" and I'm pretty pleased with it.

4. vaderag

Cheers.
    Really looking for a T260HD review - it has a lot more inputs and looks nicer, plus i think 28" will be too big...
    Still, reviews may be cak! Guess i'll have to wait

5. Arkay Firestar

Arkay Firestar What's a Dremel?

A user review (mine)

Registered on Bit-tech just to post this user review. Within one day, I learned about, read up on, went to a store to view in person, and ultimately bought the Samsung T260HD. After my internal PCI tv tuner card (Hauppauge 1600) started to act up, causing repeated hard locks (even at the bios screen), I had to remove it from my system, and I was left without a TV watching solution in my bedroom.

Seeing the T260HD listed on techbargains.com as a deal, and reading in the description that it was essentially an HDTV with high resolution pc output, one of the only screens on the market with a high enough resolution at 26" to deliver good PC performance, I was interested. When I saw I could get it at retail (Best Buy) for less than anywhere online, ensuring returns for dead pixels would be a breeze, I got off my butt and went to pick one up. Got it for 529.99 before tax.

Ok, so here's the basic overview, followed by positives, then by negatives, then by conclusions:

Overview:
    The screen is well packaged. You'll notice the box is quite heavy upon first pick up. The screen comes with DVI and VGA cables, a software CD for PCs, a cleaning cloth, appropriate guides and manuals, a remote with batteries, a cable clip for the back to guide things along the spine of the base, and of course the screen and base. The base is in two parts, you do a very quick bit of assembly, then slide it into the back of the screen with the screen face down. On a padded surface where you can bring the bottom of the screen to the edge is ideal.

The screen is gorgeous. Glossy black means you should avoid touching the chassis to much for fear of smudges, but really the touch of color design is pleasing. The red is very subtle, but the overall aesthetics, including the soft glow of the lower-right front touch-power button, are very strong. There's a nice clear front bezel too.

Positives:
    Solid brightness and decent black accuracy. Colors are vibrant. Tuner works exactly as advertised, with great features (for example it will automatically filter out scrambled channels). It picked up all standard channels, all digital channels, and all digital HD channels...I even get TBS HD now, something I never got with the old internal TV Tuner. Remote is of good quality. PC performance is great, bright, with good response time. Inputs are fantastic, one of the biggest reasons I bought the thing. DVI, VGA, PC-audio in, 2 HDMI, Component...its everything you'd want or need. Very easy to setup, all sources worked correctly, menu interface is fantastic, with a lot of great logic (options change based on the type of input...used to use VGA cable for 360 until I found out it was assuming it was a PC and limiting options...went component and all of a sudden its a lot easier (from the 360 standpoint too)...just need to go get an HDMI cable now. No dead pixels.

Negatives:
    TN-screen means viewing angles are disappointing. Lateral is ok, but vertical is pretty bad, especially if you're going higher then lower. Then again, who puts their screen LOWER than where they sit, usually? Blacks are not as deep as you'd want them, and response times are usually misadvertised on the box, so folks expecting some ungodly fast screen (I went from an old screen to this "5ms" screen, and really don't see where all the fuss is.) Speakers are pretty damn weak...they are ok for TV, but for the 360 they sounded incredibly trebly, quiet, and flat. The screen/base is a bit wobbly...not flimsy, just wobbly.

Overall:
    Definitely worth the price I paid. To get a 1080P HDTV, a 1920x1200 PC monitor, and a great gaming screen as well at 529.99 is a total steal. Only wish it wasn't a TN panel, for the aforementioned cons, but in all fairness, I couldn't have gotten the features I did if it were SIPS or PVA.

Take my comments with a grain of salt, as I'm no expert (but I have an eye for the different LCD screens and I'm not a tech moron), but I have no regrets about the purchase, and for people who want the feature set and know what they're getting, I heartily recommend this screen!

6. songzila

songzila What's a Dremel?

go for the Samsung T260HD it is best as compare to hanns-G .

7. vaderag

Lol - way to reawaken an old thread!

Ended up going for a Dell 2709w which i am immensely happy with. WOuldnt look back for a second :)

Tags: