1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Games to watch from E3 2010

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Lizard, 19 Jun 2010.

1. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

I agree that there will be plenty of marine players to start with but I expect they'll branch out to other races after a while. Imperial Guard will probably have gained quite a few followers from those who've read Dan Abnett's books and muggins here will definitely be starting out as Eldar if at all possible.

2. kosch

kosch Trango in the Mango

Hmm any info on Deus Ex 3?

3. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

Will Orks be playable? I'm not really a Warhammer fan, but I love me some Orks.

4. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

W40K MMO will p4wn....

but i set my eyes on Crysis2 and DarkSpace2 too...

but MGS Rising is on PC too?? oh wow... i thought those would stay on PS3.... hmmmmmmmmm......

5. fatty beef

fatty beef State Side

Still undecided on that one. But will most likely be the case.

Guild Wars II looks pretty legit as well.

Diablo III coming out any time soon? Haha.

6. Redbeaver

these are just rumours........
    - it would be an FFA PvP between factions.
    - u would fight over regions which will then allows u to use the resources of that region. that doesnt mean as another faction member u cant enter/attack the region tho... so constant defense is required.
    -there wont be any guild/clan. there will be only factions. and there are lots of them. (some rumours say little under 100)
    - there will be 7 classes off the bat (not including chaos-only classes) and there will be more coming with expansions.
    - cookie cutter GUI (but u all can see that from the trailer lol)
    - yes u can play as orks... nobody knows about Eldar, but logically thinking... yes.

pimonserry likes this.
  7. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Kirby looked fun.

8. Material

Material Soco Amaretto Lime

Orks, Eldar, Guard and Marines all have to be available at launch otherwise it'd just be laughable.

Chaos Marines and Tyranids would also be cool, though hell knows how they would actually do Tyranids convincingly.

I think races like Tau, Dark Eldar and Necrons could be left out to begin with, which would be a shame.

9. Grimloon

The only information I've seen regarding this was an article December last year stating that all races important to 40K lore will be included. I can't see them being able to do that without including at least Chaos, Eldar, Imperium and Orks as playable characters. Anything else would depend on how you define "important". Personally I'd say "all of them" but then I admit to being just a little bit interested in the 40K universe for a little while - only about 20 years or so :D

10. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

The only races critical to the 40k universe are the Space Marines (in their many chapters), the Imperial Guard, Orks and Chaos (represented by Khorne, Tzenich and Nurgle). Most of the literature is based around these races as they are pretty much the oldest, they may also include Eldar and Dark Eldar as well. races to come later would most likely be the Tau, Necrons and Sister's of Battle with the possible inclusion of the Inquisition (Grey Knights) if they aren't lumped in with the regular Space Marines.

They would need to have a balance between good and Evil so I am guessing either 4 or 6 races to start with (2-3 good and 2-3 bad). Space Marines, Imperial Guard and Eldar would represent good (however Eldar are considered more neutral) where as Chaos, Orks and Dark Eldar would be considered bad. The possible inclusion of Necrons, Tyranids and Tau would throw out the balance by adding 2 more evil races and a neutral race (Tau being neutral).

11. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

I'm probably just being stupid, but I used to be an avid 40K fan, and I don't remember Dark Eldar. All the others you've mentioned are ringing a lot of bells, but I can't remember Dark Eldar at all. Am I missing something? How long have they been around?

12. Redbeaver

AFAIK (or as i heard the rumours, rather) the game will show no good vs evil race option. they will all be just another option.

13. LightningPete

LightningPete Diagnosis: ARMAII-Holic

Hope Star wars is = online massive battles. that would sell great. Need for speed, how i missed hot pursuit series... all the other titles were just shiny boring racing titles!!!
    Still play hot pursuit 2 on the PC! ha
    Crysis 2 i will still be getting, despite everyone hating the game but owning the original.

14. Blackie Chan

Blackie Chan What's a Dremel?

The fallout graphics really showed their age.

15. Material

Material Soco Amaretto Lime

They've been around since like 1998, they were one of the races included in the 3rd edition starter box.

You may not have heard of them because hardly anyone plays them, they havn't had a codex revision since they were released so they are pretty long in the tooth now, given the core ruleset is now on 5th edition.

pimonserry likes this.
  16. Grimloon

Slight disagreement here, Craftworld and Exodite Eldar are included in the 1st edition rulebook (Rogue Trader IIRC, I'll check when I get home), well before the addition of individual chaos powers (you missed Slaanesh BTW) which were added later in the Realms of Chaos source books. Squats as a separate force also were introduced well before Dark Eldar, Necron or Tau were even mentioned. I can't help being a geek, OK? :blush:

Regarding sides the only mention I can remember seeing is that they planned over 100 factions rather than a good/evil split.

17. OnyxLilninja

OnyxLilninja What's a Dremel?

40k MMO and Crysis 2 for me :)

18. Rsaeire

Rsaeire What's a Dremel?

Dead Space 2 and Crysis 2 are the two games I'm most looking forward to.

Dead Space was the first games since Resident Evil to scare me stupid, so I'll be interested to see how they manage to fit the scares into the sequel. Although I played the original on the Xbox 360, I plan on playing the sequel on the PC; hopefully it won't be too hard to acclimatise to the PC control system.

While I doubt that CryEngine 3 will offer better graphics at lower minimum requirements than the original Crysis, although here's hoping, it will be interesting to see how much of a graphical improvement there is in Crysis 2. Also, it's not as if a direct graphical comparison can be made between the two Crysis games, since they are both set in different locales, so it will be interesting how much of a change there actually is and whether or not it will be clearly visible; it's certainly not easy to simply compare Crysis to Crysis 2 by looking at all the images and videos online.

19. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Ah, I knew I forgot one of the Chaos powers, I guess posting at 2.30am will do that to you. I completely forgot that Eldar were introduced within the first rule set but for me but I still think there is a possibility that they will be left out for an expansion as they really aren't that important to the core lore of 40K. They have been around for a long time but as far as popularity goes I don't think they would be up there with the rest. This is coming from someone who hasn't touched the dice or a codex in 4-5 years now.

20. yamin151

yamin151 It all started with the 464!!!

Yet more games where we shoot things!!! Some imagination on the part of the designers would be nice. Dont get me wrong....I love to shoot stuff, but there must be more.....isn't there?

Tags: Add Tags