1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Asus GeForce GTX 465 Graphics Card Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Claave, 22 Jun 2010.

1. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

Still cant get over how poor this generation of cards have been.....from both ATI and Nvidia....

Compared to the previous generation, there price/performance ratio is shockingly bad.

They keep on throwing more and more shader cores at the problem, but bandwidth and fill rate are barely any better than the previous generation.....

Roll on 2011.......

2. bagman

bagman Minimodder

if it goes down to a 4830 price and you water cool the card and overclock it then it might be worth considering but untill then pretty shocking card

and i agree with hustler

3. LightningPete

LightningPete Diagnosis: ARMAII-Holic

I think my GTX285 is still the best graphics card purchase yet. It still is enough to be good for the games I play, and gives the two fingers to the dx11 bandwagon that makes no distinct visual difference when im gaming.

4. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Im hoping the 'better' of the 2 460's that are going to be released come in at around £150-£180 but perform similar to this 465,

Ive seen a few 465 SLi reviews and the fermi cards scale amazingly well, its just price thats the issue, If i could get 2xGTX460's for £300-£350 and get performance similar to 2x5850's then ill jump on it.

But as a single card solution ATi is still the far better option.

5. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

As of right now, Nvidia just needs to lower it's prices, unfortunately that isn't going to happen soon since they'll be losing even more money.

Although I wonder how many sales will balance it out?

6. lp1988

lp1988 Minimodder

If Nvidia lowers their prices ATI will do the same. as the current price is higher then at launch, they will have no problem whatsoever in cutting 20-30£ across the board. leaving us at status quo.

But with better prices

7. MorpheusUK

MorpheusUK a Noob that knows something

as a nVidia fan I can't say I'm impressed. what has impressed me is the the way ATI have managed to hold top spot no matter what nVidia comes back with and all with lower heat, power consumption and noise.

Comeon nVidia, where are the boys that everyone aspired to be, I know one defected to ATI, but surely you will somedeay take it back. Looks like I'm stuck with my 260 for a while longer till I can't bare it any more and hoping that day nVidia deliver else I will defect to AMD .

8. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

To be honest it's the conclusion I was expecting before reading the review.

9. lp1988

lp1988 Minimodder

yeah, it seems as if Nvidia is just repeating itself.

10. kingjohn

kingjohn mod this sucker

I'm going for a gtx 470, coz it is faster than a 5870 with aa on and costs a lot less + i5 750, 650 psu, 4 gb ddr3.

Not too sure about the case lian li cases look ok .

11. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Ah, good old Semiaccurate. I suppose if you keep saying that the latest and greatest Nvidia cards are crap, you will at some point in time be correct. I mean, they were completely and utterly right about the 8000 series being crap, weren't they? I'd have posted a link to the article but for some reason I can't go back that far on the website.

12. kingjohn

kingjohn mod this sucker

thats it for me tonight im gunna watch a dvd now and i will soon get me hands on 1 of those gtx 470s that r faster with aa on than the overpriced 5870 LOSER cards .night.

13. Redsnake77

Redsnake77 Useless Idiot

Feeling pretty good about my pair of Sapphire 5850 Toxics now. The overclock may not be worth much, but the VaporX coolers keep the temps under control. ATI's drivers are a major PITA though. I only paid £225 each when they were first released so even did well on price.

14. fingerbob69

fingerbob69 Minimodder

"Ah, good old Semiaccurate. I suppose if you keep saying that the latest and greatest Nvidia cards are crap, you will at some point in time be correct. I mean, they were completely and utterly right about the 8000 series being crap, weren't they? I'd have posted a link to the article but for some reason I can't go back that far on the website."

You know what... at the time of that 8800 series you're talking about, I was doing other stuff, somewhere else and computers where NOT involved!

Meanwhile, that comment would also seem to indicate a certain amount of Nvidia fanboi'ism. Afterall, could it be Semiaccurate are right, re fermi 104/6/8 and you don't like that?

They have been right about the Fermi Fail so far for the last year or so.... I mean, you agree Fermi is a fail, so far, right?

15. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Oh, absolutely. ATI have won this round and I'll freely admit that. Just taking issue with Semiaccurate, is all (not with you :) ).

And if I reek of Nvidia fanboi'ism, Semiaccurate can be smelt a mile away with its ATI bias.

16. ssj12

ssj12 Minimodder

why wasnt this placed against the 5830?

Also I;m upgrading my GTX470 to the 480 soon thanks to EVGA's step-up program. I cant wait for the performance boost. I jsut need to get a Killer 2100 NPU so I can get network processes of my 7750BE...

17. Krayzie_B.o.n.e.

Krayzie_B.o.n.e. What's a Dremel?

BIT-TECH can you please add ARMA 2 as one of your benchmark games. Thanks.

Dam you Nvidia at this rate ATi will never drop their prices. Fermi is so worthless that ATi will most likely raise their prices. This review only made the HD 5850 look even better. But if you gotta go Fermi get a GTX 465 SLi set up as it is your best bet not to burn your PC down or have you smuggling in uranium.

For a victory lap can I get a HD 5890 stock clock @ 1ghz 1.5gb Gddr5 with a 384 bit memory bus please.

18. Archandel

Archandel What's a Dremel?

Nvidia Junk Silicon at its Finest!

If Nvidia keeps producing junk like this, the prices of the much desired radeon cards will never fall... F'k!

C'mon Jen Hsun, "open up the can of whoopass" TM, so i can finally buy a radeon for a decent price!

19. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Well, completely unsurprisingly the GTX465 takes the fail boat all the way back to Asia.

20. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

I agree, Throw in a old 8800GT as comparison. At least we then now how much 'improvement' there is gained. I found old crysis score from 11-2007 @ BT:

1280x1024 0xaa, 0xaf, high detail:
    Hi: 35.0
    Lo: 24.0

Not quite comparable but after 3 years you would think the performance is quadrupled!

Tags: Add Tags