1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CSS beta now general release

Discussion in 'Game Server' started by Rogan, 23 Jun 2010.

1. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Take that back, please!

CS:S might be a bit "purdier", but gameplaywise it pales completely next to 1.6 and CZ. Haven't tried the new update, though, but from what I can gather they've made the game even worse.

2. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

Leave off the gaming peaked at CS1.6 rubbish, please. I really can't be bothered reading it.

3. faf

faf What's a Dremel?

Who's up for being shot in the face later?

4. Hayze

Hayze Wo|F Like Me

Same thing here, i'm assuming it's due to the engine change, all i have in my cfg just reduces graphics and increases performance.
    Just gonna leave it alone for a week, not say anything, and see what happens.
    Could be playing TF2 and BC2 a lot more often..

Last edited: 24 Jun 2010
  5. Rat1sully

Rat1sully At Least Skt478 Never Broke

so no 100tic
    forced stats

so just as i'm adjusting to the 100fps server and getting nice reg and some good scores valve go and ruin it?

and we'll have a shed load of ppl going look how 1337 i am with my stats again *sigh*

6. Hayze

Hayze Wo|F Like Me

stats can be disabled.. i think and hope

7. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

yeah but can the horrible graph I have on the screen as I'm playing be disabled? I think its there because I normal have the choke rate etc on the bottom right hand of the screen but I've forgotten how to turn it off

any ideas?

8. Hayze

Hayze Wo|F Like Me

I don't see whats so hard about making a mini net graph, having the text smaller and closer together, as well as only including text that is necessary
    ryu: net_graph 0
    and net_graphpos are what you want

9. fu manchu

fu manchu I'll have the special.

10. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I won't start a debate because I just can't; I'm not a CS player and will never be. However I have played a lot of both games (ironically) with friends here and there, and I prefer CSS by far because of it's pace and the feel of the source engine and gameplay

I think what helped me the most was that I could actually see my (red) crosshair. In 1.6 it's too pale for me. Also, if I want it to be in a decent size, I have to drop the resolution to 800x600 and then the whole game is just blurry as hell and I can't see anything.

11. Ryu_ookami

yep net_graph 0 turned it off thanks its been awhile since I've played (I know shame on me) but i talked the GF into getting it yesterday as it was on sale hadn't realised about the update and now I'm tryoing to remember all the console commands I used to use such as smaller scope size etc

12. Hayze

Hayze Wo|F Like Me

smaller scope size? o_O
    what commands do you want?

13. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

I think he means crosshairscale.

14. Weazle

Weazle Jason Bourne's love child

The only thing really bugging me is the horrible lag. Everything feels sluggish and at times there's massive spikes where things just warp for a second :(

I've wiped my config and restarted CS:S and it seemed to be better, turned off HDR as well but overrall its not the best for connectivity.

I've heard people complain about the scoreboard, for me its ok and I don't mind it.

15. Ryu_ookami

yeah i meant crosshair scale as I said it been a while but its coming back to me the command was cl_crosshairscale 35000

only downside is just as I started getting used to it steam put 172 games on sale and I was forced yep forced by my evil psycotic invisible twisted bunny rabbit friend to go buy another 7 games including killing floor so playing CSS has again been placed to one side :)

16. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Just a few early bugs, but i'm laughing at people calling it dire really. What do people really expect? Perfect transition?
    Its a game that peaks at number one constantly for steam, above mw2 even. STILL. at this age!
    Bugs should get ironed out anyway, and the 'reg' is better.

Patience people! :D

I'm just a bit down as I wanted to make a new fragmovie and left it too late, folder of old source demos wasted :D

17. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

Happens every time they make even the slightest change.

18. Tonkatoy

Tonkatoy Exiled

Its actually got me back into CSS... I cant believe how rubbish i am now mind!

19. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I just don't see why it needed fiddling with, it was fine without all this modern warfare tinsel.

Not to mention that the bugs that were reasonably well ironed out have now come back, last night I was killed by 6 invisible players, fell through the floor on a regular basis, and had nades bounce off mid-air.

20. C4vey

C4vey What's a Dremel?

I agree that it didn't need the tinsel, but Valve want something to go alongside TF2 for the macs, and all that stuff is expected in modern shooters. As it is I think Valve have more or less cornered the market for FPS games on the mac. Can't blame them for that.

The changes are here to stay, so people just need to get used to them, and wait for the bugs to get fixed.

With the invisible players, I believe it's usually caused by alt tabbing; a player sometimes appears at the centre point of the map to you, while they are actually running about. The fix is rejoining.