1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Microsoft: "PC gaming is very important to us"

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 23 Jun 2010.

1. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Just slapping on my favorite GPU won't exactly make a gaming beast out of a Mac, so your question is a little misleading. There would be little/no overclocking potential with their motherboards, and you're not fitting high end hardware into a Mac Mini or and iMac, so at that point it really doesn't even matter if it's Apple branded hardware since it isn't going to be slim and pretty. So you're really just asking if people, gamers specifically, like OSX or Win7.

Though in that two-way question, I'd still take Win7. If I'm going to pay for either one I may as well get the one I'm most used to. Linux is great because it's free and I'm still decently comfortable using it.

2. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

i don't believe them, unless they make freelancer 2

:rock::clap::rock:

3. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Well said, sir, well said!

4. DiegoAAC

DiegoAAC What's a Dremel?

and where is the half-assed port of fable 2?

5. Saivert

Saivert Minimodder

Linux has still a long way to go. There are just about only Red hat and Novell that are the big players with money to spend on development, sure Sun and IBM does things too but that is enterprise based stuff and not stuff that will help a home user.
    Linux is still targeted to developers and enterprise. As a home operating system it is far from there yet.
    Also because there is too much freedom they can't settle on the stuff that just works well. Some distros seem to be doing a good job currently (Fedora and Ubuntu) but that is just on the surface.
    You can say what you want but if I can't get things done the same way I do on Windows I'm just not interested in using Linux.

But this is besides the point because Microsoft is just going back and forth as they see fit with this. They have no obligation to support the PC platform for gaming at all. They do it if they can earn money on it and they will drop support if it makes more sense to push the console.
    This is business after all. Not charity for PC gamers. Not even Valve does this which is clear after they spent time and money on developing a Mac version of Steam and have ported all their games. They need to run a business too and need to get more customers to earn more money rather than please PC gamers forever.

6. Krayzie_B.o.n.e.

Krayzie_B.o.n.e. What's a Dremel?

I really think that if Apple starts pumping out high end 3D games on MAC PRO's which already has software that allows you to OVERCLOCK the CPu then I really do believe Apple and OSX will cause many gamers to switch to Apple.

Seeing how all Mac Pro's come in only a few models this makes it a whole lot easier for developers to make games that really push the hardware with great optimization without worrying about the 1 million configurations of the PC.

Apple would represent console base gaming but with PC power and the games would all look like Crysis or better. So if Microsoft wants to continue it's ungodly Windows 7 sales numbers they should turn their attention to PC gaming in a more leadership role because PC gamers and cheap PCs running Windows are the key to Microsoft's future profitability.

Tags: Add Tags