1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware What should a bit-tech iPhone 4 review look like?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 24 Jun 2010.

1. macroman

macroman The One

It's a phone! Please don't bore us with a review. BTW I have one but it's still just a phone.

2. Cyberpower-UK

Cyberpower-UK Professional Overclocker

Doom and Quake are widely ported to smartphones so use them for 3D gaming performance.

Futuremark provide a browser benchmark so use that for Java benching.

Battery life when under heavy load is the main bugbear of the smartphone addict. I always like to see a bare minimum battery life test for mobile devices after got an HD2 to die in under 3 hours of heavy outdoorsy use.

Stress tests are of limited value for this as they will only attack the CPU & RAM. To really hammer a smartphone you need to have it constantly downloading, using Bluetooth/WiFi and GPS.

So with the phone in a car download data constantly, while using A-GPS and record your journey with the video camera with the screen locked to it's highest setting. Measure how long until the phone shuts down due to low battery.

Anyone know where I can get a methanol/lighter fluid powered fuel cell, transparent photovoltaic screen and dynamo for and HTC Desire?

Tags: Add Tags