1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SketchUp Bit-Tech Digital 3D Render Gallery

Discussion in 'Modding' started by scooby, 6 May 2009.

1. LooseNeutral

LooseNeutral What's a Dremel?

I'm quite the noob at all this. Just got into Sketchup a little over two months ago. Using that to plan out Mod/Builds. But seeing as you mentioned using Cinema 4D I'd like to know which format would you use to import SU models. I'm using 4D as my primary render for Sketch models, ( I primarily use 4D with (exporting to) After Effects for other interests) I can export Sketchup to dfx > C4D and the model looks like it went through a Star Trek transporter malfunction.:sigh: OBj gets the model in there but you can't see it and the grid is partially masked.:wallbash: I can see all the components in the bin and can place materials then see it in the render. Any help would be great!:D

2. dullonien

dullonien Master of the unfinished.

Exactly how I did it Tangster. No MentalRay isn't atall slow, infact it's the quickest rendering engine I've come across, although I haven't tried C4D. There's alot of detail in those renders, with alot of settings turned up and photon numbers as high as practical. Some of the renders (the interior shots) took less time, but things water bumps up rendering time (especially reflections).

I could get a quick render of those scenes in probably 15min on lowish 640x480 resoltion. But they're not up to scratch to present.

3. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

I can't import SU models into C4D. I think you'd need the pro version of SU to export to .3ds then import to Cinema.
    If that doesn't work then get the riptide .obj importer plugin-that might help.

4. LooseNeutral

I've got another export plug for SU but the models keep importing into C4D all screwed up. I figure it's something I'm doing wrong. I'll check out the plug you mentioned. I'm thinking of moving to something like bonzai 3d in place of SU if I can't sort this out. Thanks for reply:thumb:

5. Roboduck

Roboduck 01110001 01110101 01100001 01100011

My Anti-Mac Wallpaper for when its finished. Just playing around with some lighting, bloom and DOF settings. Not 100% happy with it but Im not done with the model yet either. Hope you like it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. LooseNeutral

Really sharp (Drool) renders. Is that a broken system preference gear. lol

7. Roboduck

Thanks!

Its actually a gear with a bite taken out like the Apple logo :hehe:. It will be a skull/apple with a bite eventually though.

8. Editor22

Editor22 E22 | Hex-Gear

Looks fantastic roboduck :) especially love the design on the top and bottom bars

9. LooseNeutral

Check my photo album for pict. I've got the .psd file. Haven't messed with it yet. If you'd like I'll see how it breaks down and find a way to get it to you. I guess you have to have photobucket or something like it to get picts up here. Any help you could give me would be great. Noob -Noob -Noob:wallbash:

10. Roboduck

Thanks! Its all MNPCTECH :rock:.

I use Google's Picasa to upload photos. Or are you trying to upload to your bit-tech gallery?

11. LooseNeutral

Trying to attach pictures to my replies on occasion. I've read the site faq. When I try to attach an image I get the url dialog box. Thanks

12. motas

motas What's a Dremel?

I liked your first design for anti mac roboduck. Also awesome idea.

13. lmth

lmth What's a Dremel?

Really like those pictures... they are super.

14. Roboduck

15. Teyber

Teyber ******

I purchased the professional version of my cad package (alibre)- very similar to solidworks. this thread inspired me to, as this version includes a rendering package.
    [​IMG]
    my first try with a quick render

16. LooseNeutral

SHWEET! Is that HDR lighting I see in the reflection? Emitters? How quick a render? SHWEET!

17. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

Ailbre is awesome, cheap and just like solidworks. I very nearly switched over 6 months ago.

18. LithiumDesign

LithiumDesign 3dsMax User

So i've been practicing with 3ds max for about a month now but I haven't really modelled anything, just practicing with render settings and light etc. :D

I'd love to know how to model accurately, like cases and waterblocks etc, so if any of you have any tips please drop me a pm :)

Here is my newest render:
    40minutes rendering time
    1hour modelling time

[​IMG]

19. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

i think the general trick is most users use Autocad and import dimensioned DXF's to work from.

I started learning 3DS when i started uni, but soon realised its a pile of **** if your doing anything related to actual dimensions. It is however extremely powerful in the CG world.

Don't get me wrong, i few guys do amazing things with 3DS, but its not easy to set up as inventor, solidworks, alibre, pro/e and catia.

20. emir_

emir_ What's a Dremel?

My new compression fittings.

[​IMG]