1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Epic: "We're still a PC company"

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 2 Jul 2010.

1. Evildead666

Evildead666 What's a Dremel?

I suppose Bulletstorm will come out multiplatform : PS3, Xbox360 and Wii....lol

2. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Same here :miffed:
    Abso-bloody-lutely! Luckily you can now force it through Nvidia drivers for ME2 but there are glitches with it here and there - nothing game wrecking though.

3. Chombo

Chombo What's a Dremel?

If all this were true then where is Gears 2 PC?

Also, I don't think Epic can claim Bulletstorm since they didn't develope it.

4. Nikols

Nikols What's a Dremel?

Developers have been making 360 games for 5 years. PC Hardware has taking a big step forward this year. By the sounds of things 360 and ps3 are gonna be around another 5 years. If I was a developer churning out 360 games I know where I'd be looking to keep my programmers interested and let the creativity flow even if it was just a few pet projects! More realistically tho, when the new batch of consoles do finally arrive they'll be sporting the latest and greatest pc hardware. There's only one way to stay up to date till then while the current crop of consoles slowly die

Last edited: 3 Jul 2010
  5. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

Personally, i'd be more interested in Consoles if they were more open and flexible, e.g. you could effectively turn them into PC's with a keyboard and mouse for proper first person gaming as well as other tasks. Sony have effectively killed any hint of this now. The golden age of gaming for me was the rise of the Atari ST and Amiga, which seemed to completely overshadow the consoles of the time, as they offered better games and a range of other software.

6. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

PC Gaming™ will never die, only multiply.

PC Gaming™ is the center of the Gaming Universe. Gaming finds its truest expression between the Twin Cores of CPU and GPU!

Yours in PC Gaming Plasma,
    Star*Dagger

7. Krayzie_B.o.n.e.

Krayzie_B.o.n.e. What's a Dremel?

The Unreal Engine sucks spherical objects. I'll take Source, X-Ray , FrostBite, or CryEngine 2 any day over that crap. Epic got a great deal from Microsoft and like any body else would have they took it.

I hate PC Piracy being mentioned in every article. There are proven cost efficient ways to prevent Piracy that consumers will be happy with but no one wants to implement it. So SHUT UP.

Instead of PC piracy just say LAZY DEVELOPERS because the stuff you guys make doesn't even push the hardware we spend billions of dollars buying. At this point in time every game should look better than Crysis.

All Console ports deserve to get pirated or not bought because they lack the quality and resources that PC gamers expect so why pay for something that doesn't utilize the power of my system. It's like having a 100" LED 120hz 3D HD super duper color TV but forced to pay for black n white 2D sub HD over the air programming.

Console gaming is really hurting GAMING as a whole right now because so many developers jumped on the console band wagon that cutting edge gaming has just turned into what CRAP can we make that will sell a few million copies to the casual gaming consolers who will buy anything they see advertised all day long?

Gaming innovation comes from PC gaming and PC gaming companies so what innovation has Epic been apart of lately?

8. jokerr

jokerr What's a Dremel?

Not to worry though we'll get something new and innovative in about 5 years time when the current creaking consoles final die!

Tags: Add Tags