1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards MSI Big Bang-XPower

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ricky_005, 30 Jun 2010.

1. Ricky_005

Ricky_005 What's a Dremel?

Never have owned a MSI product.
    Interested in the MSI board!
    Yet mainstream online reviewer seem to be ignoring the new MSI Big Bang-XPower

No overclocking for me, just need a fast, reliable and "stable" i7 workstation board :thumb:

Only conclusion I can come to is pass on this one!

2. Ricky_005

Guess no one has Interest in the Big Bang?

3. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

The tech in it is too new, as the BT review proved. IMO it needs 6 months to mature before you should consider it. And why are you specifically looking at this board?

4. Ricky_005

No review by BT yet..... Still Waiting :eyebrow:

5. Ricky_005

Anyone own the Board?

Please give input if so.....:worried:

6. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

We do have a sample here in the CPC/BT lab but it's in the middle of a very long to do list.

7. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I was getting it confused with the Hydra board. Why not get an Rampage 3 Extreme?

8. Ricky_005

I'm more interested in building a workstation for stability, reliability and future upgrades! I do like the idea of all x16 slots which will give me flexibility in future upgrades.

The Asus workstation boards have been on the market for sometime I know. But they haven't been revised with the latest Tech as of yet. They are due for a Update, but once they do, bios support will end for the older Asus WS boards. I dont want to own a board that Bios support will end in the near future.

MSI should have a winner here if they can get there bios tweaked for stability & Performance. If I purchase the X-Power I sorta feel that I am taking some what of a gamble that MSI will get the Bios straightened out. There are a few reviews which seem to be showing problems on the performance level. I would like to know if the stability will be high based on there board design :worried:. I am assuming they, MSI are capable and willing to get these performance problems solved through Bios updates.

I feel like MSI may be telling the main stream reviewing sites to hold off on there reviews until they get this new board straightened out. I could be wrong though, MSI may be planning on shafting the new owners. I hope I am wrong on this assessment.

:rolleyes:

9. murraynt

murraynt Modder

If your not going to be overclocking the most boards will be 99 Percent stable nowadays.
    Buying this board for your needs is like having tits on a nun in my opinion.
    Did you think about one of the gigabyte boards?They are excellent boards and have be proven to be stable

10. Ricky_005

Tits on a Young and Tender Nun sounds very tempting.........:naughty:

Show me a board with the same config as the X-Power for the same price and I will look at it! There are no Manufactures making a board with a configuration close to this for the same price!

I hear what your saying ....... but if the MSI is a stable and performing board why not Go with it?

Tags: