1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases Small ATX Lan case? Air cooled.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by el2k, 22 Jul 2010.

1. el2k

el2k Modder

Hi all, Just wondering if you could help me with finding a small case (midi i guess) to fit the rig in my sig. ATX, Large PSU etc.

Budget = Doesn't really matter

Requirements = Small but also have good airflow.

Extras = Would be awesome if it had a handle as i lan a lot but not 100% needed.

So far i have found this!
    Anyone have any experience with this case? Good airflow? Would i fit an Akasa venom in it?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Cheers
    Liam

2. simonw

simonw What's a Dremel?

The Lian Li PC-A05 is the exact case I had in mind for you too, it's definitely the most compact ATX case that I know of. The main issue that this case has is that it may have a build up of hot air around the gpu area but since your EVGA GTX465 blows the hot air directly out at the back, I see this as less of a problem. If you don't know already, the airflow is from back to front, it's not ideal, but temps should be ok.

3. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

4. el2k

el2k Modder

Thanks for the info! That's a HUGEEE thread about one case!

As for the airflow of it, That was what i was worried about... I would ideally like to be able to keep my 750 at 3.8. I already knew that the airflow was from back to front but i think its mentioned quite a few times in the mentioned thread to change it around...

I'm not 100% sold on this case yet, Anyone know of anything else out there? Can maybe be a little bit bigger i guess, Just easily movable :)

Cheers
    Liam

5. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Cooler Master Scout?

It's not the smallest of cases, but it has a nice handle and is designed as a LAN case.

6. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

With your ATX m/b, your selection is limited when you are talking about a small case.

You could always just go for that old standby, the Antec 300? Then you don't have to worry about trashing it when carting it to LAN's. You could put your own handle on it.

7. el2k

el2k Modder

The Cooler Mast Scout isn't a bad choice you know. It seems the airflow isn't so good though, But becomes a lot better by adding a 120mm fan or two to the side panel.

Gonna read a few more reviews and see if i can make my decision.

Cheers for the help guys.

8. barndoor101

barndoor101 Bring back the demote thread!

i was gonna suggest Scout sniper - a bit more compact

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

BitFenix Survivor... when it arrives :p

10. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Gay for Yunosuke

Cant go wrong with an A05. Smallest ATX case I know and have used, fits full size hardware, light and good looking and build quality (like all Lian Li's) is top of the pile.

It's not a monster cooling case as stock, but bust out the jigsaw/dremel/hammer and put a blow hole or grill in the roof and you'll avoid any hot pockets.

11. el2k

el2k Modder

I saw your "First Look" on that case. Just how good is it and do you know when its going to be released?

Cheers