1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Mouse and Keyboard?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Panomama, 25 Jul 2010.

1. Panomama

Panomama I once signed up on uniform dating

Well, It's my birthday soon, I don't know how much money I'll get, but if its not enough for an i7 rig, I'd like to get a new keyboard and mouse.

I've already chosen the keyboard:
    Logitech G15 Rev2. £59.80Linky

I'm not sure on a mouse, I play games like gmod, css, tf2, killing floor, wow, and probably medal of honor.
    I play wow but i dont raid (level 54, Sha'tar EU - paramama), if that changes anything..

I've Narrowed it down to these, But feel free to add your own if you want.

Razer Naga £64.33 Linky
    Razer DeathAdder £42.88 Linky
    Razer Mamba £90.95 Linky
    Logitech G9X £59.90 linky

Also, What mousemat would be good?:duh:

Thanks alot :thumb:

EDIT: If I get enough, I might also get a screen, haven't looked yet though.

Last edited: 25 Jul 2010
  2. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Logitech MX518/ G5/ G500 obviously!

3. dazedandconfused

dazedandconfused generic babble ->

Deathadder it's amazing. Very customisable dpi, refresh rate and what the buttons do. For a mouse mat I use a razor exact mat

4. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

G500

and

steelseries sx or razer destructor

5. Sh0cKeR

Sh0cKeR a=2(s-ut)/t²

I would buy the Deathadder without hesitation. The Mamba has some horrible tracking problems and latency everytime you pick it up, and then put it back down.

6. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

The deathadder definitely seems to be THE best mouse at the moment & is not too expensive compared to the others you listed.

As for mousepads, either the Razer Destructor or one of the Steelseries Pads seem to be the best at the moment. Look here for a load of reviews.

7. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Rosewill RK-9000 + Logitech VX Nano + Steelseries QcK

8. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Logitech G19 and G9X is a awesome combination!! A must for any gamer!!

9. Telltale Boy

For any gamer who can afford to spend ~£150 on a mouse & keyboard... You lucky dog. :thumb:

10. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

The thing about mice is your hand spends to much time attached to it, you have to know it's the right style for your hand. I bought a deathadder and realised within 5 minutes I didn't like the feel, so it's been consigned to my "spares, just in case something breaks" box.

MX518 for me.

11. Telltale Boy

I'd say that you need to give your hand a chance to adjust to the shape of a new mouse. I used a standard dell mouse for ages & then I started gaming & got an MX518. It felt really weird but I perservered & now it just feels normal. I'd say give the Deathadder a chance as it's surely the best mouse out their at the moment.

12. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

There isn't anything more overrated or overpriced than a Logitech keyboard with a screen. I own a G15 Rev. 1, the screen was useful as a clock (when I didn't feel like moving my eyes the extra six inches from the little screen to the bottom right of my LCD) and it worked well with FRAPS. As an actual keyboard, it pretty much sucks. The keys were alright for a while but they're basically mush now. There is no feedback or click when typing, it just feels bad. The Dell keyboard which came with my previous PC was probably better, it at least stayed 'crisp'. Under all the shiny plastic, macro keys, media buttons and that ridiculous screen, the G15 is just a cheapo rubber dome keyboard (with backlighting that failed on half of the keyboard after a year).

Get the G110 if you reeeeaaaaaaaallllyyyyyy are set on a Logtech gaming board.

EDIT: It's the same price as your selected G15 on Scan, so forget that. I just assumed that it would be cheaper..

Last edited: 25 Jul 2010
  13. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

I bought the original G15 keyboard with screen and it's been probably the best £90 I spent on my computer. Especially useful has been the G15 Teamspeak program that shows you who's talking, while playing things like wow. Also the switch to disable the Escape key, that's been quite useful.

At £60 now, it's a bargain.

14. memeroot

memeroot aged and experianced

I'd drop the price of the mouse and either go for a sidewinder or wait on one of the touch sensitive ones they're working on... id then put the cash toward a mechanical keyboard - das, steelseries or otherwise... but then it wouldnt look so wizzy

15. Sexton

Sexton Minimodder

Out of that list, I would suggest the G9X.

16. Panomama

Panomama I once signed up on uniform dating

Okay, thanks alot guys.
    Im going to make another thread about my i7 for birthday, It depends how much money i get.

17. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Gay for Yunosuke

Diamondback 3G, best mouse i've ever used and will ever use probably. Deathadder is a close second.