1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs Games I Own: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 12 Jul 2010.

1. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

I loved this game. This was one of the games that got me into PC gaming. I loved being able to plan every single aspect of every mission. I also loved how important it was to make sure everyone gets out alive. I spent countless hours on this and the expansion pack, Urban Operations.

And to keep the nostalgia train rolling:

2. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I played them all until Raven shield, gave Lockdown a wide pass and played both Vegas games.

One of the things I miss the most is the planning phase.
    In a good plan, you could sit back and do nothing but observe and give go-codes. Careful planning and stacking of these go-codes was key (as well as playing as one of your teammates when it came to throwing a grenade of any type through a door - they had a habbit of standing in the doorway, get killed).
    I also quickly learned that certain team members (Domingo Chavez, for one) were indispensible. The precision and speed at which they could clear a room if the path was right was beyond what I could ever hope to achieve.

I really do wish they'd make me another "good old" Rainbow Six

3. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Ah this brings back memories.

I havn't played Rougue spear that much but the original R6 I played to death (dying all too many times for my liking).

My favourite mission was the infiltration of a country house, unseen and without the ability to kill anyone. That mission was tough.

4. Pooeypants

Pooeypants What's a Dremel?

Is it ironic that today's R6 games are far less complex and offer fewer strategic options than from a decade ago? Seems we've moved backwards in terms of gameplay thanks to marketeers thinking everyone's a 14 y/o with ADD...

5. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

ROFLMAO! you have good memory........... :D

no, no youre not!!! we're NOT OLD! :(

6. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

really struggled to get past the level in the auditorium on this game and eventually went the way of many of my older CD based games in that my younger brother scratched it

7. DrTiCool

DrTiCool Minimodder

I remember playing this game on Dreamcast even the controls were horrible compared to PC, gameplay was still addictive.

8. MrZephyr

MrZephyr What's a Dremel?

The original Rainbow Six is what got me into pc gaming requiring a dedicated graphics card. Rogue Spear was the first game I modded as well, so it brings back a lot of memories, especially lone wolf mode, great! =)

Tags: Add Tags