1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Food & Drink 12 year old McDonalds burger looks almost the same as a new one

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 26 Jul 2010.

1. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

I'm glad it's not only me. Whenever I see a documentary/advert illustrating how bad fast-food is, I can't help but daydream about quarter-pounders and milkshakes.

2. TheoGeo

TheoGeo What are these goddamn animals?!

the meat would most likely dry out and essentially turn into jerkey. Remember its been cooked so there's no living bacteria in there. If its kept inside in an air conditioned class room then its likely it would be dry enough for this to happen. Anyone whos had home made bread will know it dries out rather than going mouldy and so the same thing applies here to the bap.

If it was in a trash heap this wouldn't happen as there would be plenty of moisture and bacteria around so it would decompose quickly.

mcdonalds have no reason to use heaps of preservatives. They freeze everything that's delivered and that'll be more than enough, especially when you have such a large, predictable turnover, you don't need much overstock so you don't need much shelf life.

I'm not saying that mcdonalds is healthy, but this is no proof of poor quality. Even in supersize me they said that by far the worst part of his diet was the quantity of sugar he was having from the coke (1/3 of his calorie intake)

mvagusta likes this.
  3. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

4. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

I don't eat mcdonalds.. or long john silvers- I know what goes into those filets.. it's all the crap they can't sell at the cannery goes into a vat and then johns buys it all =]

I don't care much for their burgers.. carls junior is pretty good here- some of the stuff at jack in the box is alright.. heck even rally's is better than mcdonalds imo and the worst has to be weinersnitzel.. it's like small ww2 hotdogs sold for 5 dollars each- and you have to eat 3 of them to feel like you even ate anything (and I'm skinney lol)

5. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

You're in California, don't waste your time going to anything other than In-N-Out.

6. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

yeah in n out is good burgers.. we only have one here though and it's kind of far.. like the sonic drivethrough too- but how come the food sucks so bad lol

we have these little chains called roberto's.. they make the best mexican food too- but it's so spicy a lot of guys with the weak stomach end up on the toilet and vow never to eat there again

7. KrunchR

KrunchR What's a Dremel?

I'd still eat it. Well maybe a little BBQ sauce, first.

8. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Yeah, the treat of getting your food rollerbladed out to you doesn't quite hide how terrible everything there is.

9. shoxicwaste

shoxicwaste Minimodder

I love how much people slaughter McDonalds and Fast Food restaurants, even though McDonalds has huge cattle ranches, all there burgers are 100% beef, yes that includes things such as anus and other disgusting things.. but most fast food is better than microwavable food. The fish fillets are Hoki fish.. they are real fish fillets, 100% fish, as is the beef. I hate to this but most people have no idea how these companies operate and what product they use.. like the guy who said "he knows they don't use real eggs" - we use fresh free range eggs. McDonalds have extremely strict hygiene rules, such as cooked meat cannot be handled, meat must be transferred to a UHC within 15 seconds, and the chicken meat MUST be discarded after 20mintues, beef meat has to be discarded instantly. every food product such as lettuce, sauces, meat and deserts (even milkshakes and drinks) has to be tempered which is a process where they are dated with Current date, date of production, date they will be of suitable usage and date of discard.

People need to stop listening all the rumours, obviously the food is bad, but its not disgusting.
    It's just as good as any normal burger you could make at home and just as bad.

Yes i wouldn't eat at McDonalds every day, But its good for a treat. Things that taste so good can't actually be good... but it's when it gets excessive like anything in life - alcohol, smoking etc...

mvagusta and mars-bar-man like this.
  10. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Well said man!

If people who continually slag McDonald's off were to spend a day or two working there, and take in what they're shown, their opinion would change. Drastically.

Another funny thing, people who claim the milkshake base we use contains fat... well yes, it is milk after all.

11. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

#1 Find some fast food
    [​IMG]
    #2 nom nom nom nom
    [​IMG]

12. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

I get what you guys are saying, however I still find it disgusting, and I honestly can't for the life of me understand why so many choose to eat there at a regular basis. Especially when considering that what can be cooked at home is far better both in terms of quality and taste. There are also other reasons for why I dislike McDonalds to such an extent, which I've already mentioned.

You may not fully understand why many people are so quick to slag off McDonalds and such eateries, and that's fine, but I will turn it around and state that I don't understand why you are so quick to defend them. You cannot, by any stretch of the word, claim that what is served there as food is actually quality food. And if it's not quality food, then tell me, why should they be allowed to stay in business?

The fact that they have hygiene rules is the least we should expect, and I for one would take this for granted - they serve products intended for people to eat after all.

That's not to say I don't eat fast food at times though, because I do. However fast food for me tends to be whole grain baguettes with chicken and various veggies; delicious when spending a day downtown doing some shopping or whatnot.

13. Boogle

Boogle What's a Dremel?

Right, ignore the rest of the post. Still, I have evidence (albeit low-quality poor evidence) that confirms both of our statements:

http://www.chacha.com/question/does-mcdonalds-sell-egg-substitute-or-real-eggs

How do I know the eggs aren't real? A friend of mine worked in McDonalds, not to mention I've been in there myself. The box clearly has 'egg substitute' written on it. Inside is a yellow cylinder, and you literally cut off however much you need. While your McDonalds uses real eggs, some don't.

mars-bar-man: If you couldn't slag off companies because people work for them, we would all be smoking cigarettes, claiming them to be healthy. We would be lining things with Asbestos, we would be using 100% GM foods, etc. etc. I don't mean anything as an attack on the people who work at these places, it's purely the company itself - which is a legal entity in and of itself and can be referenced directly without inferring anything about the people who work there.

McDonalds have come a long way, I agree. But I still haven't seen anything concrete, only hearsay and 'such and such says it's fine' and 'such and such says it's gonna kill you'. I do know that in the UK the quality of the food is much higher, but in the US it seems to be much lower:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Does_mcdonalds_use_real_beef

But of course, if 'BS' is a nice argument that can dismiss anything you don't like to hear... I now pre-empt your argument with 'it's all BS'. I don't really, just trying to make a point.

14. Malvolio

Malvolio .

The simple fact that you've linked to two completely irrelevant amateur "answering" style websites proves that you've not much of a case, and are unable to provide any such evidence towards your argument. What you've done is provide very obtuse hearsay to backup your own opinion. Not only this, but you've also managed to insert a proverbial foot into your mouth by making the blanket statement that genetically modified foods are bad with your quick little inclusion of it in your dooms-day scenario of people not questioning what went on around them. You've managed to very quickly slag off anybody with a differing opinion than yourself, and then include yourself with those people of whom you've a low opinion of! Nice work.

Do some real research, find out exactly how the genetic make up of the plants and animals is manipulated, see what testing goes into the outcome, and tell me how it is any different than traditional splicing techniques as practised by farmers for the past several thousand years of human existence. Every last food item you've eaten has been genetically modified from it's original, evolved state by humans at some point in our history. It doesn't matter if we simply encouraged differential growth through our picking only of the easier to obtain plants, or by selective breeding of dairy cows so as to provide more milk for consumption, everything has changed due to our collective hand (and mouths). The direct manipulation of the plant or animals genetic code has simply allowed us to expedite the evolution process so as to better suit our agricultural and nutritional needs. Thats it.

Unless you can find me a single scientifically accredited, peer reviewed, and published long-term study of how genetically modified foods are bad in any way, shape, or form, then I humbly suggest you take your small-minded opinions and keep them to yourself. The same goes for your opinion of the fast-food restaurant in question. Because you're sure not adding anything to the conversation.

15. mrdbristol

mrdbristol Voided my warranty years ago

Look closer at a McMuffin

16. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

That actually removes any credibility of your point. Try using that in a court of law.

Your original comment said, and I quote:

"I know the egg they use on the muffins isn't real egg."

And going by your location, the UK, that is a totally false statement. You're saying that the eggs used in UK Mcdonald's aren't real eggs. All said because 'you had a friend' that worked for them. Let me put it to you this way.

Eggs used in the McMuffins are real, because I crack them and poach them 4 times a week.

The egg used in the bagels and big breakfasts come in a milk carton type container. This is a premixed solution of eggs and milk. A LOT easier than mixing it in the morning when I have 101 other things to be thinking about/setting up. That yellow cylinder? Was it in a blue bucket by any chance? Because that would be butter.

And as for my 'BS' comment? I replyed with that because your original post had no back-up of any kind. You claimed it like it were fact. Where in reality you are massively mistaken.

If people really are that curious, I can try and gather some pictures of how the eggs are both stored and cooked... Although it's probably not worth the hassle afterwards...

17. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Funny.

18. Skeng

Skeng Water Cometh!

That looks Awesome! I'd totally eat The Anus.

xD

19. shoxicwaste

shoxicwaste Minimodder

Exactly the point, And although McDonalds is a franchise all the restaurants in the UK are the same, for instance the company (McDonalds) Provides everything such as the fries, meat patties and even the cleaning solutions. I work for MOOI foods (they own the McDonalds i work at) However MOOI foods doesn't own the food, the cooking instruments everything is made by McDoanlds and it all fits into place and each piece plays a key component in every job i do.

This is because there is a method and procedure at every task done at that place, for instance.

I cannot just switch from cooking sausage meat, to beef... I need to completely clean down the grills and Teflon using high temp. then i need to cook 8 pieces of meat and check the temperatures.

And people eat there because there is something about the food, the bread for instance is toasted to a precise second so that the edge is crisp and the bun is moist where as the lettuce is crispy and the meat is hot and generally good quality beef, People like McDonalds because it is impossible to produce anything like it at home. I've tried to make McMuffins by buying muffins and toasting them, steaming eggs and grilling sausage patties from the store, it tasted ok.. but nothing like McDonalds. and that's why i think McDonalds is so popular, because everything is done to near perfection.