1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

I think I'm getting the hang of it now. :D

EDIT: yeah, I think I'm doing pretty good.... MV gave me the perfect nickname. :thumb:

Last edited: 30 Jul 2010
    mvagusta likes this.
  2. pennyman86

pennyman86 What's a Dremel?

My last post in this thread was saying I had a date etc..

Well I pretty much have a Girlfriend now!!! We talk all day through texts and she stays at my house on the weekends.

Just kinda slow playing I guees Since I work two jobs and only get to see the woman on friday/saturday I want to make sure she can handle this schedule for at least a little bit.

Will probably make it official next weekend.

Best part about how I met her was she was my BOSS for a week while my boss was on vacation :rock:

It all comes down to me now being 165 pounds from 255 Since 10/18/2009 I have so much confidence and feel so good its amazing!

Also applied for Financial Aid and tommorow I am going to try and get enrolled back into college since i droped out in 07.

Last edited: 30 Jul 2010
    mvagusta and C-Sniper like this.
  3. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

I finally got my referral to the Marfan's clinic! I can get health care!

mvagusta likes this.
  4. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

The mantis nymphs are eating well, and chasing around after fruit flies is surprisingly cute to watch

mvagusta likes this.
  5. weasal

weasal What's a Dremel?

This morning i woke up to a text from the girl i really like asking me if we can go out for dinner.

With her this is not the most uncommon thing about but its the reasoning that makes it awesome. She wants to get a really hot dress so is asking for a posh(ish) dinner for an excuse to actually wear the dress so its going to be nice dinner with the hot girl is really like in a hot dress - WIN!

Chris

mvagusta likes this.
  6. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

Enjoy the dinner, and seeing a hot girl in a hot dress right across from you is definitely an awesome thing. :thumb:

mvagusta likes this.
  7. CarlT2001

CarlT2001 What's a Dremel?

I don't have aids.

mvagusta and Sloth like this.
  8. KayinBlack

I just score a board replacement for my BIG system-the dual Quad Opteron setup! And it was FREE!

9. null_x86

null_x86 Thread Closer

Details?

10. Combinho

Combinho Ten kinds of awesome

My girlfriend gets home from Spain today. i can't see her until Monday, but it already seems closer.

mvagusta likes this.
  11. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

To help me forget about a crappy day and a boring week, I spent some personal time in the workshop tonight, re-assembling my most powerful gaming rig which has been in pieces in the storage rack since I ripped it apart over 8 weeks ago to "borrow" a component for testing. Note to self: thinking "I'll get a few hours spare to put that back together again in about a week" is a foolish assumption :/

Since booting her up again and messing around a bit, I've been taken completely by surprise all over again at how much faster it is compared to anything else I have, especially my reasonably beefy daily use PC. This rig just blows it out of the water :D

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go and start to catch up on about 4 months of missed gaming! I'm sure Gunny will be pleased to hear me saying that :thumb:

12. KayinBlack

Friend bought the board form a Fry's on clearance, started casting about to fill it.

I have all the parts from B:MOB still lying around after the amazing ****job by ASUS (the board was bought in March and they won't warranty DOA on a server level board.) He remembered this after he asked me if I had any parts, and he's got a toy I sent him on my own dime, so he sent it to me to pay back the favor.

But, today my new trumpet got here. Amazing thing, for 109 USD. Looks just like a rose brass Xeno. Needs its lacquer stripped and a few new parts and it'll be 100% perfect!

I've heard the horror stories on bad valves and such, but I'll keep an eye out...

mvagusta likes this.
  13. TheMusician

TheMusician Audio/Tech Enthusiast/Historian

Getting over my fear of pools quickly. Went to a pool party today, had fun.

mvagusta and Zoon like this.
  14. Canon

Canon Reformed

Gaming talk on 'Up all night' BBC Radio 5 live. Recognising voices:thumb:

15. Unicorn

Désolé, mais pourriez-vous m'expliquer comment vous avez peur de piscines?

Sorry, I don't mean to be rude... but could you explain to me how you have a fear of pools? Does this fear only include pools or does it include other small bodies of water as well? Is it a fear of water, or just pools?

16. TheMusician

Fear of drowning, really.

17. weasal

weasal What's a Dremel?

Time for my dinner with the hot girl in hot dress.

Chris

mvagusta likes this.
  18. Unicorn

That's more understandable. I thought from the way that you worded it, it was just a fear of swimming pools.

I love swimming. I can never get into a pool and stay in the water for less than an hour. I especially love swimming underwater :)

19. TheMusician

yay! :thumb:

mvagusta likes this.
  20. Unicorn

Speaking of hot girls... I just randomly met one :D More cute than hot actually - I gave up on local girls long ago, but it just goes to show, if you're coming home from work late at night and nip into the only shop in town that opens til midnight for some milk, you might just find a diamond in the rough :thumb: Just to give you all a nice mental image (dangerous I know) she was about five eight, size 8 or 9, had long blonde hair and big blue eyes. The definition of cuteness AFAIC ;)

Last edited: 1 Aug 2010
    mvagusta likes this.