1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Corsair H70

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kovoet, 4 Aug 2010.

1. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Now I have been a airflow man with CPU coolers right through and have been thinking about the H50 CPU cooler but reading the reviews about the H70 I have to say I am definitely going to give this a go.

http://www.corsair.com/products/h70/default.aspx

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ljs

Ljs Modder

Looks good, lets hope the price is right...

*edit*

Would also be nice to be able to buy a cheaper fanless version so people can fit their own fans of choice rather then spending extra money money on corsair ones just to replace them.

3. Bumfluff101

Bumfluff101 Minimodder

Looks like its available for pre-order from scan for 77 squid so not that bad

4. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Liz I'm sure it would be simple to do that as I would like to put a Sharkoon 120mm fan on as it would suit the mod I am doing with my new HAF X case.

I will keep you updated though.

5. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I'd wait for reviews. The bes thing about the H50 was it had metal barbs, but looking at those they look like plastic, and going by CoolIT's coolers with plastic barbs, they'll break off easily. HardOCP already have one of these in so they should have a review up soon. Hopefully BT will do one too :)

6. Hypnosam

Hypnosam Minimodder

It looks like a good cooler, OCUK have got one and did a test on them, with the H70 cooling better than the H50- though that's to be expected due to the hike in price.

7. PhoenixTank

PhoenixTank From The Ashes

I'm a bit dubious that it will have much of a benefit over the H50 with 2 fans. Will have to wait for solid reviews.

8. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Its Rad is nearly double the thickness, so itshould perform a lot better.

9. Deadpunkdave

Deadpunkdave ...why you need a 20-sided die

Every time I look at an H50 and now the H70 I want to see what would happen if you were to use one while partitioning the upper and lower mobo spaces, separating the graphics card and cpu (int terms of airflow). With a 200mm side fan and a low rear exhaust fan I bet you could get some interesting results. Expensive theory to test though.

10. Xini

Xini Habitual Tinkerer

Looks like something which will end up being noisy.

Large radiators require higher static pressure to be more effective and the fans they bundle with it are liable to be poor.

It'd be nice if they produced a dual slot radiator to hang out the back of the case but I guess that's getting too industrial for the market they're aiming for.

Anyhow I'm betting that on reflection versus something like a megashadow with two quiet fans it'll be louder and not much better at cooling though I guess it could bring the maximum temperature down if you don't mind the noise.

11. Sh0cKeR

Sh0cKeR a=2(s-ut)/t²

If that performs anything like a Black Ice SR-1 120, PA120.1 or any other 120mm radiator then it will easily beat any and all heatsinks. The Corsair fans are indeed quite bad with absolutely no pressure, so you would definitely get much better temperatures using push/pull Scythe Gentle Typhoons.