1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Battlefield 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hamfunk, 4 Aug 2010.

1. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

EA have announced that if you purchase MOH special edition you get early access to the BF3 beta, which is due within 12 months of MOH release!

Now it's not news that EA are trying to hump us for cash by waving beta access at us, but it is some info on BF3!!!

BC2 was better than expected, it was pretty good but it was not a worthy successor to BF2!

Source

2. Fulzo

Fulzo Stamrock

To think I could be playing Battlefield 3 within a year, this is a reason in itself to buy MoH imo. :thumb:

3. Hypnosam

Hypnosam Minimodder

I really hope that BF3 has jets like BF2, preferably with Karkand with fully destructible buildings - though that might be a stretch for the current Frostbite engine.

4. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

That's what they want you to think Fulzo! Don't do it!

5. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I saw this on Steam and thought.... AWESOME.. BF2 was so incredibly brilliant..

6. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

Agh! Preorder what seems to be a pretty terrible game, to play a beta.

Let me think about this one.

7. Hypnosam

Hypnosam Minimodder

Surely like BC2 , if you pre purchased Bf3 you'll get a chance to play the beta.

8. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Loving my new digital pinball machine

I was delighted when I saw that BF3 had been announced. BF2 is by far my fav game of all time, then I read on. As soon as I saw the part about it being multi platform my heart sank.
    The last thing I wanted was another console port. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy BC2, but I'm already losing interest in it and I'm even contemplating re-installing BF2.

The beauty of BF2 was that it was written for the PC; big maps, 64 player servers, lots of vehicles (including aircraft which I really, really, really hated), a good variety of maps, mod tools etc. If it's going to be another console port then we can say goodbye to all of these and end up with another game looking like BC2.

I have no interest in MOH. If BF3 had been PC only, then I think I would have been tempted to buy MOH just for the BF3 Beta test. As it is, I'll give it a miss and wait to see what the general consensus is.

After the success of BF2, EA really have to deliver something as special for BF3. If it's going to be a console port, then they have already failed (imo).

9. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

BF2 is one of my three all-time-greatest multiplayer games along with CoD4 and SupCom so I might just go for it.

10. Hypnosam

Hypnosam Minimodder

Some more info on BF3

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/14494-...for-pc-gamers/

11. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

BF2 was fantastic.

While BC2 is ok its not anywhere near the same league.

Cant wait.

12. PQuiff

PQuiff What's a Dremel?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! etc

So in other words were getting BFBC 3..... not BF3. Where the Fu*k do they get off saying BFBC2 wasnt a true battlefield game, BFBC wasnt a true battlefield game.

Only way to make a true battlefield is not to nerf it, we want big battles, battlefield 2 with better graphics and more maps.

Not rocket science. if they can do this on console fair enough but dont nerf BF2 and call it BF3.

/me gets a bad feeling bout this.

13. Hypnosam

Hypnosam Minimodder

Isn't that what the article is saying, that they're might be big maps, since there is a different API for PC's, hence they could just make massive maps for PC, then use the 32man smaller maps for consoles - like the 64 player and 32 player maps in BF2.

14. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

I see alot of people saying they might reinstall BF2, just do it :)

Come and play on our server, HOTW, still up and running.

15. Hypnosam

Hypnosam Minimodder

I've noticed the CustomPC server on BF2 and wondered what happned to it. Maybe there could be a night for us to all go on it?

16. fu manchu

fu manchu I'll have the special.

17. Hypnosam

Hypnosam Minimodder

I noticed that, but does anyone ever go on it

18. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Thanks EA, for the fine offer to a loyal Battlefield fan from 1942, BF2, 2142, to BC2. Thanks for telling me that after buying all of those Battlefield games I have to buy some shitty MoH to get beta access.

/distraught

19. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

I hate it when developers make you buy a game to get into the beta. Whats the point in that?

20. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

QFT. I've bought every BF game except for 2 BF2 expansions and don't even get a cookie...what ****.