1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows Sherlock

Discussion in 'General' started by GreatOldOne, 26 Jul 2010.

1. fev

fev Industry Fallout

I didn't like episode 2 as much as I liked episode 1.

A shame really but it just didn't have as much excitement around it,

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I wasn't as much of a fan of Ep2, simply because it added that detective inspector, that wasn't Lestrade.

I realise it's meant to feel organic, in terms of Lestrade not always being around/the one leading the police investigation, but at this stage it made it harder for me to enjoy the dynamic between Sherlock and the police.

3. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

I adore this show, you can really tell the Moffat/Gatiss touch and I would love for them to do some other projects with the BBC as well, hell anything they want at this point. Bit stupid of the BBC to put 2 high proile shows (this and Top Gear) on at the same time though.

4. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

I liked this epsiode. I had no problem with the new police DI, as I'm sure that Lestrade wasn't in all of the stories.

I got the book code straight away (pairs of numbers gave it away), but was off on which book it would be. I thought it might be a pop culture giggle with some Dan Brown novel, as I'm sure I saw one in Van ****'s apartment. :)

Confused over who or what Moriarty is now. The cabbie in the first episode said it was more than one man, yet when Shan was communicating with 'M', it seemed to be more of an individual. That and the pants wettingly scary 'hidden messages' on www.thescienceofdeduction.co.uk, which are sure to be from the Prof. ;)

5. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Oh, I agree, I'd just have liked to see the two "develop" in the first few episodes.

No big deal, though, I still enjoyed it.

6. bestseany

bestseany What's a Dremel?

Watched the second episode last night. Loved it!

7. GreatOldOne

Next episode:

The Great Game

A strange clue in an empty room, a blood-soaked car, a priceless Old Master, a deranged bomber. With the clock ticking, the curtain rises on a battle of wits between Sherlock, John and the shadowy stranger who seems to know all the answers...

Sun 8 Aug 2010 21:00 BBC One
    Sun 8 Aug 2010 21:00 BBC HD

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00tffft

A shadowy stranger, Hmmm? Who knows all the answers? I wonder who that could be. :)

8. earlydoors

earlydoors Minimodder

Sums it up for me

The pilot was a cracker, but the second episode was a bit of a let down - slightly camp & doctor who-ish imo

lets see what the 3rd episodes like

9. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

The second episode kind of forgot to be a mystery. The joy of Sherlock Holmes is it's not obvious at all to the audience, but is obvious to Holmes, whereas it became obvious what the story was and who the culprit was about halfway through - and, more faultably, that he wasn't very interesting or important a character - and the rest was spent on action drama sequences. Basically it was CSI with some token deduction scenes (which CSI also has, so...yeah, it was CSI London).

10. mrhrk01

mrhrk01 What's a Dremel?

Yes I am watching it.

A enjoyable tv series, a shame it is only 3 episodes though :(

11. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

Missed the start of this one, hopefully it'll be on iplayer soon.

Not coming back in here until I've watched it :D

12. GreatOldOne

Ok...
    Half loving Jim, Half WTF? Didn't see that coming at all!

But I demand a second season. [StampsFoot]

:D

13. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

14. slaw

slaw At Argos buying "gold"

just saw the latest one and it was great!! It a shame that there is only 3 episodes!!! Now thats criminal!

15. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

iirc the bbc confirmed a secon series based on the strength of the first episode, but we wouldnt see them for another year or so :(

16. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

...and yet Benedict Cumberbatch said on the One Show that he hadn't been approached about a second series...

Based on the success of these three episodes though, the Beeb would me mad not to do another series. I just hope it'll be longer than the first series :D

More of this, please, BBC - less of drivel like The Deep :)

17. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

Dear Mr BBC,

Please make another season of Sherlock asap, at first I had my reservations on a modern adaptation of a classic crime story, but someone there seems to have written a bloody winner right there!

Sherlock has actually made me pleased with my TV license however 3 episodes for £140 a year seems a little bit of a rip off. So with this in mind could you extend the Top gear series episodes from a pitiful 7 or 8 to something more like 15-20. Then scrap a load of crap of the line up. EastEnders for starters.

Kind regards

Bit-tech

P.S when will iplayer become HD?

18. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

iPlayer can do HD.

If it was shown on BBC HD channel, then the programme in iPlayer will have a link below the vid to watch in HD.

Eg the latest Sherlock in HD.

19. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

Or click the <> button in the top right hand corner.

20. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

I liked quite a lot of the third episode, but
    GOD I don't like Moriarty. For f***'s sake, hasn't the genius-teetering-on-the-edge-of-insanity, punctuated by screaming, twitching and irrationally violent behaviour thing been done a lot more convincingly by The Master in Dr. Who and The Joker in The Dark Knight? This guy's a weak, high-pitched pale imitation of those two, not the quiet, controlled and above all powerful Moriarty of the books. I think the issue is that instead of making Moriarty an evil Holmes, they've made him the opposite of Holmes in every way except intellect. Ergo, he's irrational, indecisive, emotional and violent, when really he ought to be more Holmes - rational, decisive, emotionless - just evil.

Also, will someone please explain to the BBC that
    sniper rifles and laser dots are a poor combination, especially when you have like four of them on each of Holmes and Watson at the end of the episode.
    Still, I'd like another series! Just do a single recast! Please!

Last edited: 9 Aug 2010
    boiled_elephant likes this.