1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows New Dirt 3 trailer!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by erratum1, 31 Jul 2010.

1. Cleggmeister

Cleggmeister Of reasonable knowledge...

I still can't get Dirt 2 to work :(

And yes, Rally Trophy was an awesome rally sim, proper old cars (Mini (the proper Mini!), Volvos, Alfas, Saabs). It took days to learn and much longer to master.
    Can't believe that was out in 2002, very ahead of its time.

Richard Burns Rally was a good one too, but I far preferred RT - it seemed to have more charisma...

Cleggy.

2. Mathmarauder

Mathmarauder What's a Dremel?

It appears the Codemasters devs are doing damage control posting on various game forums that they have greatly toned down the "Xtreme" aspect and gone back to more traditional rally events. They said there are previews coming from a few major gaming magazines in the next week outlining the more traditional focus. I really hope that's the case I want more point-to-point events and less rally cross and trophy truck racing.

3. sleepygamer

sleepygamer More Metal Than Thou

I didn't mind the trophy truck and raid stuff, although Rallycross isn't my thing. I like a bit of body contact racing from time to time. :3

4. Hypnosam

Hypnosam Minimodder

I didn't like the truck stuff or the big 4x4 stuff, i tended to roll the car on corners, much prefered the standard rally cars and events.

5. Mathmarauder

Mathmarauder What's a Dremel?

Good news from the previews released today. Some key points:

Dirt 3 has the WRC license.
    Toned down the menus to still be stylized but more functional like Dirt 1
    All weather types.
    Cars from the 1970's, 80's, 90's, and modern cars.

Most of it here some taken from gaming sites all over the net.
    http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/111/1110806p1.html

6. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

oh this is good

7. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

So we haven't had a fully licensed WRC game in years and now we get WRC 2010, Dirt 3 and GT5 in less than a year? :eyebrow:

8. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

tbh the wrc is deperatly trying to change its image and attract more manufacturers, atm we've got ford and citroen with sebastian loeb winning everything in sight for the past 6 years, stagnant is not the word

9. robots

robots What's a Dremel?

Wow that's a great trailer.

The only thing I wish from these rally games is that they had more gameyness to them. There was an old rally game I used to play about 20 years ago on the PC which let you win money from races and you had to spend the money to upgrade the car. It was a proper rally game, not like need for speed or whatever, but you had to work and earn your progress through the game, unlocking new tracks and upgrades and stuff.

Tags: