1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming You will never be "good" at StarCraft 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Lizard, 29 Jul 2010.

1. Damouse

Damouse Thats no moon!

Altron, i was agreeing with you. In my first post, the quote that i was responding to was taken from Joe's post, not yours.

I fully agree wiht you : D

2. Dane

Dane What's a Dremel?

While the difficulty of doing well in multiplayer Starcraft 2 would undoubtedly hold true in Korea, here in America its something of a joke.

It's all a matter of standards. I play high level Diamond league here in America (currently Diamond rank 3), but I'm sure I would get destroyed in Korea. I wouldn't be surprised if I couldn't even make it into Platinum.

So while being "good" at Starcraft 2 might be hard in Korea, its downright easy here in the US.

3. etsledge

etsledge What's a Dremel?

Not necessarily. Although Korean SC players are undoubtedly the best, Korea still has a relatively smaller amount of players compared to the USA. The chances of meeting a world class player in Korea is much higher than meeting one in Korea, hence why it seems easier to move up the ranks in the USA.

Personally, after AoE2, I became absolutely garbage at almost all RTS's, CoH being the exception. I didn't even bother picking up SC, knowing I'd get a can of whup ass every other game. That being said, people get discouraged only when they meet decent players several times in a row, and that itself can be a huge coincidence. You need to give it some time. Most people,. after putting in some months playing a game, don't get better at it, and they get extremely discouraged to pick up any kind of game in that genre (RTS. FPS., etc.). Then they see players like the ones shown in that video above, and regardless of what people may tell you, those same people get frustrated that they'll never be as good as all those world class players.

You need to realize that you won't be good at everything. I know people who were just awesome at CS:S, but average or bad at CoD4. Play to your strengths. But at the same time, you need to put in time for anything. Don't play a couple of games and /quit.

4. ev8

ev8 What's a Dremel?

"top level StarCraft is often decided by APM - Actions Per Minute,"

let me stop you right there

5. zergalicous

zergalicous What's a Dremel?

I'm a high level masters player, and I have higher apm then some grand master pro players.
    You dont need to fight the interface as much in starcraft 2, macro is much easier, but very fast paced.
    150apm will take you VERY far in the game if you understand your decisions and know what your doing.
    I could coach ANY low league zerg or maybe toss up to platinum easily with a couple hours of going over the basics of macro and learning 1 or 2 build orders. Hell, even diamond if they can understand a little strategy and think while playing.

6. gwsim

gwsim What's a Dremel?

I have lost 30 games straight playing the ladder games at the Silver level and it never drops me to a more manageable league. The ranking system doesn't seem to be working at all. It would be fun if I was playing people my skill, but after getting demolished the 30th time, I uninstalled the game. Losing every match isn't fun at all.