1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other iPhone insurance

Discussion in 'General' started by Deathwalker1701, 8 Aug 2010.

1. Deathwalker1701

Deathwalker1701 What's a Dremel?

I got second iPhone 3GS of a eBay.
    Dose any body no anywhere I can get insured.

2. bixie_62

bixie_62 Minimodder

lloyds TSB silver account

pay them 7.50/month

you get mobile phone cover with that, 30quid excess, covers accidental damage etc

:thumb:

3. Rkiver

Rkiver Cybernetic Spine

Does your home and contents insurance not cover it?

4. Deathwalker1701

Don't have home insurance.

5. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Unless you live with insured parents, always have home insurance. And really good locks.

6. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

If you don't have home insurance, then your kinda screwed.

7. Deathwalker1701

Thought as much was hopeing someone would no a way.
    Thanks for all your replies and help I must come on the forums more.

8. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

If you don't have home insurance, get one now!

The stuff in your home is worth a lot more than your phone. And you don't know how much you own until your place burns down.

9. Deathwalker1701

Not my place but will look into it.

10. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Forget about insuring your iPhone - in fact, forget about the iPhone full stop: you need home insurance now. Even if you're renting/sharing, you need contents insurance.

I used to work in Home Insurance Claims. I often spoke to people who had what we call a "total loss" house fire. That means the whole place has burned to the ground and no part of the remaining structure is salvageable - you can forget about the contents (i.e. belongings) with a fire of that scale.

I once had to tell someone that we couldn't cover their total loss fire claim because their policy had lapsed nearly a year ago - they hadn't paid their premiums, and we automatically terminate policies that aren't paid within six months (after many, many letters sent to the customer). I had to explain to a customer who was crying down the phone to me that we can't do a damn thing, because - by their own admission - they had changed bank accounts and never bothered to sort out their home insurance payments. Had the payments been up to date, I could have easily made an emergency payment of at least £3000 for food, accommodation, clothing, etc. A payment which could have reached their bank account within hours. Instead, they were left with absolutely nothing except the clothes they were wearing, the contents of their bank account and a smoking shell where the house used to be.

11. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

I do find it odd that hes more concerned about his iphone than his entire collection of possessions.

12. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

I don't know how the system works in your country, but normally only the building is insured if you rent an apartment. All the belongings inside will have to be insured separately. (Don't forget that things like kitchen closets, fridges, oven, freezer, washing machines and so on isn't covered my house insurance.)

Your insurance company will know what's covered. Call around and ask for prices from several placed before you get into an agreement. Also ask if accidents are covered (if you bump into your TV and it gets damaged some polices will cover it). And ask if phones and laptops are covered, or if that will go under a travel insurance.

Remember that phone insurances are very expensive considering the amount they cover.

13. Shuriken

Shuriken same christmas AV for a whole year

Having just rented a house, and read the lengthy contract, I can tell you that the standard contract for rental in the UK does not include contents insurance, and you REALLY need to get some, like yesterday, and when you do, just make sure to get some that covers your phone :thumb: