1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Adding program to 'opens with' list

Discussion in 'Software' started by Ant1981, 4 Aug 2010.

1. Ant1981

Ant1981 Minimodder

I'm on XP Pro and I'm trying to add Photo shop to the list of what programs you're presented with when in Explorer, you right click onto a thumbnail.

Now, this should be rather simple, but, everytime I select the program, nothing happens, it doesn't appear in the list. How odd, any ideas?

2. Cleggmeister

Cleggmeister Of reasonable knowledge...

When you right click on the thumbnail, select the bottom option ("Choose Program"). You can then use "Browse" to get into your "Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop" directory and double click the main .exe file.

3. Ant1981

Ant1981 Minimodder

Yeah, I've just said above that I've tried that and it didn't work. Thanks for your reply, though.

4. Kilmatead

Kilmatead What's a Dremel?

5. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

6. Kilmatead

Kilmatead What's a Dremel?

Actually sometimes when the OpenWith application-list becomes overpopulated, some browsed-for applications simply refuse to appear in the list (this Windows bug persists in Win7, though it's rare), hence the real usefulness of OpenWithAdd.

If you want to go the registry-route to modify the context menus themselves, play with something like Default Programs Editor or FileTypesMan and wreak some true havoc. :D