1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress DrBo's Dragon

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by drbo, 30 Sep 2009.

1. drbo

drbo What's a Dremel?

Yes it is a nice block ...

Not much progress today, busy with other things, besides I am waiting for the AC dualtop. When it arrives I will finnish this "upgrade". Untill it arrives, hopefully tomorrow, nothing much to do really.

So stay tuned ...

RA

2. drbo

drbo What's a Dremel?

Finally received the dualcover for my pump. And a lot of thanks to Aquacomputer whom sponsored my build with this dualtop!

[​IMG]

It was not that my previous dual-top didn't work, but is was bigger and lacked the flexibility that this one has with respect to inlet and outlet ...

Anyway, here is a few pictures to give you an impression of the new loop.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ill try to come back with better pictures when is daylight is back ...

drbo :cooldude:

3. drbo

drbo What's a Dremel?

Thought I should produce some daylight pictures today, but it was already dark when the we returned home ...

Anyway, a small goodie arrived yesterday. A black bezel for AC multiswitch. I have been waiting over two years for this. Time to retire my self made bezel ...

[​IMG]

The self made vs the new AC bezel (can you tell the difference?)

[​IMG]

And the new one in place ..

[​IMG]

And yes, I will change my self made bezel for the poweradjusts, when they produce one in black ...

So long.

PS! I know my Camera sucks, be the new one (Canon 550D) is ordered, but not in stock yet ...

Last edited: 16 Aug 2010
  4. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

That's a sweet build. The straight line of tubing going from GPU to the motherboard block is very neat.

Are your temps crackin'?

5. drbo

drbo What's a Dremel?

Yes, the new loop is very efficient ... thanks Stonedsurd

The flow, is a little bit slower the previous loop ... I guess that the combination of a more restrictive CPU block, and the flexibility of the dual-top (for the pump), makes for drop in flow from 120 L/h to 110 l/h.

But the temperatures has also dropped a little, that is the CPU temp has dropped. But this is also hard to state clearly, since I changed CPU, and I don't have the old one to compare.

But i now run comfortably with water temps around 30C (29-31 before after radiators), in a summer room of 26C, in a typically multitasking working situation when running everything @stock (you could get a glimpse of my thems at the last picture in the previous post). I will post a picture from aquasuite later today, when Im back home.

6. drbo

drbo What's a Dremel?

As promised, an picture showing temperatures and flow ...

[​IMG]

7. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

say, that's pretty cool. I want one!

8. etoel

etoel What's a Dremel?

Ahh - perfect job again as always :) Aquacomputer should hire you!

Did you post a picture with the new poweradjusts mounted?
    I guess I have to come and and see for my self :D

Oddly enough we have almost identical water temps - but I only have a flow of 35l/h from my aquastream.