1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. chimmy09

chimmy09 What's a Dremel?

I'm not sure how fast you have to go for it to count as a misdemeanor here, but its not 20, because i still have my license. I was pissed because wrote the ticket for 20 over instead of 21, and acted like it was a HUGE favor. it really pissed me off too that I was working when it happened, trying to deliver pizzas that were already late when i left the store. I just wanted to punch the cop in the face.:wallbash:

2. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

It's not ruining my life, but there's a fair chance that some life-ruining circumstances which I find myself in lately are to blame. Those I won't go into at the moment (I'd be here all night :grr:) but what has ruined my day is the fact that I've had a thumping headache since the minute I got out of bed and it hasn't let up yet. I've been eating asprin like skittles all day and they haven't helped :/ I'm going to see if I can sleep it off :(

3. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

20mph over the limit here would get you atleast a $400 ticket. Probably closer to $600.

4. C0nKer

C0nKer What's a Dremel?

the fact that i think i got played.

5. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I've never been done for speeding. I've been stopped for it once, and stopped for other misdemeanors a few times (fog lights when it's not foggy, wrong turning out of a one way turn at 3am etc) but never booked for it ;)

6. Canon

Canon Reformed

Currently looking at doing a mod with a Mini - ITX, the list of problems gets longer and longer.

7. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Space Empires V (rediscovered it after making my moves in Neptune's Pride and not having had my fill of spatial exploration and strategy). It truly is a time sink.

8. null_x86

null_x86 Thread Closer

At least you dont have the misdemeanor law in WA. One of the reasons I still love my home state and the west coast. Ironically, I'll bet you anything, that speeding isnt a big issue in WA. I bet the cops there write more tickets for Fog Lights and headlight/Windshield Wipers then they do for speeding.

9. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

I dropped a soldering iron between my toes. It was at full temp.

With my bad hand, it took me over a minute to get it free.

I have two toes wrapped separately in UnnaBoot, packed with gauze, and taped with CoFlex.

There was blackened skin, and everything else was white. I barely felt it.

Worst part? I have known poor circulation. I have to watch this like a hawk to prevent complications.

Yay.

10. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Re: Speeding tickets:
    Around here, you get ticketed at anything up to 60km/h over the limit. That's ~37mph.
    After that, you license will probably get suspended, and you are probably looking at jailtime or a very large fine.
    DUI (i know through a friend that got caught slightly over the limit) ends you up with 4000,- bail money (roughly 350 GBP or 500-600USD), a suspended license for 6 months and a fine of 6000,-, which is offset against bail, i.e. another 2000,-.

That's after you got a lawyer, paid him and plaeding guilty to all charges.
    Arguing the charges is likely to get your license taken and jailtime or >10K fines.

11. chimmy09

chimmy09 What's a Dremel?

specifically in walla walla i think the cops get people for DUIs mostly haha, since about 3 or 4 ppl at my work cant do deliveries due to losing licenses to DUIs.

12. foxpoo

foxpoo Thumb it in

Waiting for overclockers do deliver my 5970

13. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

They want to get people with that brutal $5,000 fine :jawdrop:

14. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

amazon.co.uk's delivery service :(

15. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

A couple of years ago I got clocked at 100km/h on an 80km/h stretch of road. I actually had a cop tailing me in a civilian car for a couple of km before he switched on the horrible flashing blue lights. So I got slapped with an 8000,- NOK fine (about £800). That was a bitter 8000,- NOK!

Since then I've become very wary of cars tailing me. I'm checking for any moves they make that hints at being a cop, and I also check the make of the car behind me as well as the first two letters in the license plate number. I've driven fine free since then. :)

16. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I wouldn't say "ruining" but definitely enlightening;

I don't expect users to know a damn thing about what they need on a computer anymore.

People with real problems on this forum don't post nearly as often as those of us with no real problems. Kinda makes us whining little bitches.

17. tyrandan

tyrandan Pink Lemonade.

No Demote/Funny Pics Thread.

18. 13en

13en Minimodder

100% agree with this! My copy of the new Iron Maiden album was dispatched today :D Yay for preorders! :clap:

Canon likes this.
  19. knuck

knuck Hate your face

My whole right arm is swollen like crazy and I don't know why. I'm not tanned on my biceps and triceps (i wear t shirts) and because the skin is white there, I can see my arm is almost purple ... It's the third time it's done that since yesterday it's also the time that lasted the longest. I just slept for 4 hours and it's still swollen..

However, as I type this, I can tell it's getting slightly better because my arm feels slightly colder and I don't feel the pressure as much.

wtf could this be :wallbash:

20. TheMusician

TheMusician Audio/Tech Enthusiast/Historian

Spider bite?