1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Jolly's CM-690 Case - Acentos de Cobre

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Jolly-Swagman, 22 Jul 2010.

1. Jolly-Swagman

Jolly-Swagman "Hands of The Gods"

Jolly's CM-690 Case - Acentos de Cobre

Another Case Mod by Jolly-Swagman

Well its been 3 years now since I got this CM-890 Case, and with its current hardware configuration has served me well,
    But alas its time to move Forward and Update both the Case and some of the Hardware,

Current Rig Specs

Mobo = GA-P35-DS3L
    CPU = Q6600 GO @ 3.2GHZ
    GPU = EVGA GTX-295
    RAM DDR2 = 4 Gig XMS2 6400 4-4-4-12
    Optical = Liteon DVD-RW Lightscribe
    Multi CardReader
    HDD,s + 2 x 250GB Sata + 320GB sata

The Plan

First I will be transferring all the current hardware to Jolly's Tech bench 2010 so all can be still used as functioning PC, while work is being done to CM-690

[​IMG]

Then the CM-690 will get a new lease of life Transformation, to include New Paint Work,
    Both inside and out, Modded for better Cable management see below in current state.

The Inside will be Modded for better Cable management adding /enlarging Mobo Tray cable slots for rear cable entry, and the the inside will get re-painted in Matt Back with Satin Clear coat for protection, after of course the prep work and re-undercoating,

The main panel frames Outside Case, still not sure whether staying with the Black or maybe the Gun Metal like I did on the P4 Case Makeover (Undecided make even be different Colour all together ?)

The Hardware Change list

Motherboard = Gigabyte X48T-DQ6
    CPU = E8500 EO 3.16GHZ
    DDR3 Ram = ??????? (still need to get)
    CPU HSF = Scythe Ninja

will also be still using current
    GPU = EVGA GTX-295
    DVD-RW Drive = Liteon Lightscribe
    3.5 Multi CardReader

Scythe Ninja HSF

[​IMG]

Gigabyte X48T-DQ6 Mobo

[​IMG]

This will Start within the next week or so and will need to get the DDR3 Ram before Hardware goes into Revamped CM-690 Case!

Update #2 18 March 2010

Started on the CM-690, first Removed Hardware -HDD's GPU - Motherboard - PSU from Rig,
    Then also added A cooling gantry to Jolly's Tech Bench2010 to help aide in cooling GPU ect.

The CM-690
    [​IMG]

Inside CM690
    [​IMG]

The Rear Cable Management
    [​IMG]

Installed new cooling gantry and Hardware into JTB 2010
    [​IMG]

Vendetta 2 HSF View
    [​IMG]

Back up Running and Folding again on Jolly's desk
    [​IMG]

Now I am in the Process of stripping down the rest of CM-690, fans front bezel switches ect, getting ready to do some more Cable management modding and prep for Primmer Undercoat

Update #3 - Fri 19 March 2010

Today finished off cutting Cable Management holes/slots widened on some existing also cut more from top 2x 120/140 Fan grill area, and removed Rear exhaust fan grill.

Cut-outs
    [​IMG]

Also prepped for Primer coat
    [​IMG]

Primer Coat done

[​IMG]

Update #4 Sat 20 March

Today I did a little more work on a few things to the Revamp of the CM-690 Case, not a lot as have had bit of a headache all Day!

First up I removed the top I/O ports and the Top perforated Grill, Dam thing nearly took forever getting it off too!

Then cut away the Top Bezel Plastic Honeycomb Grill area, as this causes fan buffering and that in turn leads to noise, will now be also better for air flow too!

Top Bezel

[​IMG]

Them I also did the same with the Front Bezel, this one came out allot easier than the Top did.

Front Bezel

[​IMG]

Also cut away the mesh grill on the front intake fan holder, too!

Fan Holder

[​IMG]

Then got down to doing some alterations to the Side Window Panel, with the Addition of another small Window to the Bottom right where the HDD's are.
    The after a sanding down, did the first Primer Undercoat,
    Dam Spray Can was playing up too, think is nearly empty as started coming out thin and made some runs, but this is easily fixed once dry, just sand back and Re-Undercoat

Window Side Panel

[​IMG]

The other Side Panel has also been Sanded back ready to Undercoat, when I get some more on Monday

Update #5 Sun 21 March

Today just re-sanded Side Panels with P1000 wet-n-dry paper, and applied second coat of Primer, all nice and smooth now!

Side Panel's 2nd Primer Coat

[​IMG]

Have also be toying with some ideas as to what I,m going to do with the Front and top Bezels covers/ grill areas.
    Below is one sample I have in mind - Black base coat - with 2 light (@ 30cm distance) passover with Copper Metallic Paint

Colour Sample-1

[​IMG]

Its only an idea so let me know what you think,, still not sure myself

Actually looks better in person especially at different angles, if you know what I mean!

Stay Tuned for more to come soon! :)

2. Jolly-Swagman

Update #6 Mon 22 March 2020

Today went an picked up some more DULUX etch Primer and some Black Gloss and more Flat Black Spray cans,, (Dam they were out of the Clear Coat till Thursday maybe)

First after another quick rub down with P1000 wet-n-dry paper , Put the final coat of Primer to both Side Panels

Window Panel
    [​IMG]

Other Side Panel
    [​IMG]

Then while they were drying did the First Coat of Matt Black to CM-690 Case Frame

Rear Side View
    [​IMG]

Front Side View
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Internals View
    [rmg]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r169/Jolly-Swagman/PC%20Stuff/CM-690%20Revamp%202010/CM-690CaseFramePaintedMattBlack.jpg[/img]

Then while waiting for Case to Dry, had an idea to make a Rear Case slot Fan to aide in cooling for GTX-295 exhaust

First cut up some Side panel Sheet metal still have laying around, and made a little holder box for the 80mm Fan,
    Cut one side from 80mm fan to turn it into a Slot Cooler Side Blowing Fan

[​IMG]
    Now proceeded to bend and form into a box shape
    Then with some Fan grill Mesh that was cut from the CM-690 Case made a fan grill for the Slot cooler,
    with some 3mm Plexi had left over from previous Mods made the other Side of the Slot cooler.

Now for some testing of the output of Slot Cooler

Testing
    [​IMG]

As you can see from the blue piece of paper billowing it works fine.

Plexi Side Cover Slot Cooler

[​IMG]

The Finished Slot Cooling Fan

[​IMG]

Now all that is needed is to give it a Coat of Paint ( undercoat the Black) also drill and tap mounting points either side of the Slot

Update #7 Wed 24 March 2010

Today early this morning I Finished off the Slot Cooler, painted the Plexi Cover, Grill and housing Black,
    and NMC in the middle of window

Front Cover View
    [​IMG]

Grill Intake View
    [​IMG]

Exhaust Slot View
    [​IMG]

Continued

Also Today Painted Side Panels Black Gloss and the rubbed back between coats

Windowed Panel (3rd Black Gloss coat)
    [​IMG]

Other Side Panel (3rd Black Gloss coat)
    [​IMG]

(Side Panel 4th Coat)
    [​IMG]

Then this Afternoon Clear Gloss coated the CM-690 Frame

Side Rear View
    [​IMG]

Rear M/B Tray View
    [​IMG]

Interior View
    [​IMG]

No More Painting Today as giving Wife Headache from the Fumes Smell, and I need more Paint too!
    Will continue probably Friday for more Black Gloss coats and Clear coat

Thats all I have for Today, Stay Tuned for more soon!

3. Jolly-Swagman

Update #8 Thurs 25 March

Today I went got some more cans of paint and seeing as was such a beautiful Day did some more painting outside, less Fumes!

4th & 5th black gloss coats to both Side Panels,

then Painted the CM-690 Mesh Grills with Gloss Black with Metallic Cooper overtones, then when dry Clear Gloss Coated

Top mesh End Cap

[​IMG]

CM -690 mesh Grills

[​IMG]

Angled View

[​IMG]

Depending at what angle you are viewing the Grills give different depth of Metallic Copper showing.

Update #9 Fri 26 March
    Time AU- 23:58

Here are the Pcs of the LED's that I have installed into the Slot Coloer,

One in the Top Corner and One in the Bottom Corner, being that they are Bright Blue LED's two was sufficient enough for lighting the Cooler,

Slot Cooler with LED's
    [​IMG]

You can also see the piece of paper in the next shot showing the Air is flowing out of the exhaust slot

Grill View
    [​IMG]

Close Up of Bottom LED
    [​IMG]

Grill View Top LED
    [​IMG]

LED,s are wired in and have 526ohm resistor and Fan connection to New Leads coming from fan to cut down on the amount of wires also sleeved with Red PVC wiring tube

Update # 10 Sun 28 March

Today just small update, did another Black Gloss Coat to both Side Panels after a light rub down with P1500 wet n dry, that should be enough,
    will be doing the Clear coat on these next, after 24HR drying time

Also another Clear Coat Gloss to the Bezel Grills has been done, they will now be mounted back into the Top and Front Bezels,

Can also start putting back all the PCI slot holding mechanisms and Drive bay ones too!

( No pics this Update as you have seen the Panels Painted Black Gloss Previous Posts, so will wait till Clear Gloss Coated for more Side Panel Pics)

Update #11 Wed 31 March

Today have put back together all the PCI and Drive Bay tooless locking catches

Reinstalled the Mesh Grill ,Top and Front Bezels, and I/O panel and also gave the Side Panels there Final Black Gloss Coat of paint,

So here are some Preview Pics of Case with the Bezels back on with the Mesh grills

CM-690 Preview shots
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Final Black Gloss Paint Side Panels

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

have also just Done the Clear Gloss Coat on both the Side Panels when dry will give another Coat

Thats all for this Update for now, Stay Tuned for more soon!

4. Jolly-Swagman

Update #12 Sun 4 April

Sprayed Side Panels Final coat Clear Gloss after light Wet N Dry 2000, just needs to be polished and swirl remover

Side Panel
    [​IMG]

Window Side Panel
    [​IMG]

Decided to pull apart Media Multi Card reader and paint black as it stood out like a sore thumb in the 5.25 Bay, also painted the 5.25-3.5 Bay adapter plate too!

[​IMG]

Then since the X48T DQ6 has allot more features and extra PCIe slots also PCI adapter headers ) ESata and Molex PWR out will need some of the slots that were previously taken up by Fan control knobs, so I decided to move two Fan conrollers to the Top Rear of the CM-690 Case, just below the Top section.

Fan Control Repositioned
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also installed some of the 120mm TT Blue LED Fans (top + rear) and the 140mm Fan LED Fan, also the Front 120mm TT Blue LED Fan

Reinstalled the External CMOS Key Switch to Rear panel,

Update #13 Monday 5th April

Today I painted the TT 120mm Thermal Fan Blades also the TT Smart Fan-11 Blades Copper colour, first time I have actually painted Fan Blades too!

TT Thermal Fan Blades
    [​IMG]

TT Smart Fan Blades
    [​IMG]

TT Smart-11 Fan
    [​IMG]

TT Fans Re-installed
    TT Fans Closer View
    [​IMG]

Also Today made Holding plate for the bay mounted Fans, insulated the for vibration!

Drive Bay Fans 120mm TT Smart-11 Fan Blue LED,s
    [​IMG]

Put back together the Multi-Card reader after was painted Black, and Re-installed back in Bay 5,25-3.5 Adapter

[​IMG]

Also today made a 2 x Blue LED light block

Making LED light block
    [​IMG]

Finished and Testing Light Block
    [​IMG]

Update #14 Thur 8th April

Today just a few little changes and Modding,
    First up didnt like the 140mm Fan holder where it was in front of HDD Bays as found it a little restrictive to Airflow,
    so out of piece of spare 6mm Plexi I Custom made my own.

Plexi 140mm Custom Fan Holder
    [​IMG]

Fan side view
    [​IMG]

Installed and tested
    [​IMG]

Second on the agenda was I test fitted the GA-X48T-DQ6 Mobo as wanted to see what was like with the case modding so far,
    Well to my surprise as I hadn't seen the mobo before I started Modding Case, (just went from dimensions of my p35 mobo)
    I found that this X48 mobo is slightly wider than the P35 (see pic RED line P35 BLUE line X48 width) so some alterations were in order.

First added two more standoffs top and bottom corners,(shown in Yellow) then the middle outer one had to be moved over
    ,,, ahh thats where I made a cut out, so have made a mounting plate to go there ( green lined in pic) with stanoff.

Also seeing mobo is now wider and covers the slot where the ATX 24 pin would have been this needs to also be widened slightly to accommodate,
    same with the lower slot where the GPU and Sata cable would emerge from

Motherboard Alterations
    [​IMG]

Update #15 Fri 9th April

Today made the necessary Motherboard Tray Adjustments and also added Rubber Molding around the cut-outs and Rear 120mm Fan Exhaust Hole,

Have also painted the PCI Slot Latches Copper colour, and slot covers Copper/Black (like the Mesh Grills)

Also did the Window Side Panel with Rubber Molding to (No Pic as Camera Batteries need Re-Charged)

Mobo Tray Adjustments and Molding
    [​IMG]

Top Tray Cut-out Molding
    [​IMG]

Rear120mm Fan Hole Molding
    [​IMG]

Close-up 120mm Fan Hole Molding
    [​IMG]

PCI Slot Latches Painted Copper Colour
    [​IMG]

Also painted another 120mm Fan Blade for Window Fan and Grill Mesh, and will install and take pictures of Window molding then, when Camera Batteries Re-Charged.

Will also need to get some more Molding (8mm Vacuum Hose) later today, hopefully to finish off the CPU inspection Cut-out, ect!

Stay Tuned for more soon!

5. Jolly-Swagman

Update #16 13th April

Finished doing the Cable and CPU inspection cutouts molding

Window molding also added to Window side panel.

Started on the Pre wiring and terminal block for fan wiring, and leds ect
    Block has both 12volt and 5 volts connections

All fans now installed and Fornt and Top Bezels reinstalled

PCI slot Covers Painted Copper/Black effect, and installed E-Sata and Molex power out PCI bracket

CPU Inspection Cutout Molding
    [​IMG]

Rear Case Pre wiring
    [​IMG]

All Fans now installed
    [​IMG]

Rear Pci slots
    [​IMG]

PCI Slots Closeup
    [​IMG]

All pre-wiring done
    [​IMG]

Front & Top bezels installed
    [​IMG]

Window panel Molding
    [​IMG]

Update #17 Sun 18th April

Just a short Video showing the making of the Slot Cooler for the CM-690 case , to expel the exhaust from the GPU

Slot Cooler Video

Update #18 Mon 19 April

Today I have been working on a custom Cooling Fan shroud for the Sythe Ninja Heatsink that will be using for this Build,

Fabricated from sheet-metal left over from a previous Case,

First Cut Sheet-Metal was cut to size marked out where the Cutting and Bending would be

Marking out and Cutting
    [​IMG]

Now onto the bending,

First Bend
    [​IMG]

Second Bend
    [​IMG]

Next was bending the 4 side bends and also cutting out the Fan holes for 92mm fans

Side bends and Fan holes
    [​IMG]

Now for the top of the heatsink need to allow for the Heat-pipes to come through, so a little more cutting

Heat-Pipe slots
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then on over to the Spray booth for an Undercoat, the will spray Black with hints of copper like the pci slot covers were done

Undercoated
    [​IMG]

Next up will be some light sanding back undercoat (remove runs) and then painting the Shroud Black with Copper Highlights

Update #19 Thur 22 April

Last Night Painted the Scythe Ninja Custom Dual Fan holder matte Black,
    This is the Base Colour two coats where applied with light rubdown with Wet-n-Dry 1500.

Painted Matte Black
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then seeing this morning is such a beautiful Day did the Copper Highlighting Coats

Copper Highlight Coat

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When this was Dry which Today was mighty Quick, did the Gloss Clear Coats

Clear Coated
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now its off down the Street to get some screws for the Fans, to be mounted,
    when all the Gloss Clear Coat has Dried which will be by the time I get back,
    but will be leaving for 24-48hrs to cure off properly before Mounting Fans!

Update #20 May 5th 2010

Just waiting on some parts arriving from the USA, hopefully next week ,
    Another Fine Member Brolloks) from OCF had a GPU for sale an Un-Opened New MSI GTS-250 OC 1GB edition so got it for the Wife"s Rig,
    Also Brolloks offered to get the G-Skill DDR3 1333 Ripjaw Ram from The Egg I needed and send at the same time,
    So that was a bonus,

MSI GTS-250 OC 1GB
    [​IMG]

4GB G-Skill DDR3 1333 (2 x 2GB) Ripjaw Ram
    [​IMG]

So now just waiting for the parts to arrive to get all the Hardware installed and up Running!

Thats all for now , working on another Video for the Case Mooding done so far.​

6. Jolly-Swagman

Update #21 May21st 2010

Received my parcel from Brollocks OCForums, for the MSI GTS-250 1GB Twin Frozr that I got for Wife, also Brolloks got some DDR3 G-Skill Ripjaw Ram for me from NewEgg.com and sent them along in the Parcel

The Parcel

[​IMG]

Un-boxing Parcel

[​IMG]

The G-Skill DDR3 Ripjaw's

[​IMG]

Here is a Quick pic of What the MSI 250-GTS 1GB Twin Frozr looks like un-boxed

GTS-250

[​IMG]

Also last week I received another Parcel too, from CatkickerOCForums with a Nice EVGA 8800GTX that will be used in the Quad Core Q6600 system that was my current Main Rig,

EVGA 8800-GTX

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So hopefully a little later Today will get some more work done on this Project, now that I have the DDR3 Ram.
    and also install the GTS-250 into Wife's Rig

Update #22 Sun 23 May 2010

Finally I have the DDR3 G-skill Ram so its to work on getting all this loverly
    Hardware put into the CM-690

First off was Install the GA-X48T-DQ6 Motherboard, then E8500 -EO 3.16 Ghz CPU, and the Scythe Ninja Heatsink with some ICD7 TIM

[​IMG]

Then also the Antec 750W Modular PSU, then the G-Skill DDR3 1330 Ram

[​IMG]

Next up was the Custom made Heat Sink Cover I made for the Ninja to Hold the 92mm cooling Fans, this was made for two Fans that can be arranged in a Push-Pull configuration, but seeing as I have adequate Case Cooling and limited room ,I'm going with the one Fan for this Case

[​IMG]

Next up we have the first GPU my EVGA GTX-295

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also Have now since the Upgrade to Wife's GPU, I have her Palit 9800GT 512 SC Sonic GPU that will be going in too!

Then Installed the HDD's 250GB main and 320GB Storage

Some cable management on the Rear and custom connector block for the Fans and Rear PCI Molex Bracket

[​IMG]

Made a Bottom plate for the unused 120mm intake also has adhesive soun deadening installed on it too.

[​IMG]

Continued

Now for some Case Shots

Front View

[​IMG]

Front and Widowed Panel View

[​IMG]

Front & Right Sid Panel View

[​IMG]

Window Panel View

[​IMG]

Top Panel View

[​IMG]

Pretty happy with the way this has turned out and have just Installed Win 7 Ultimate x64 and the Temps on the Ninja are very nice indeed Idle 18C,

Cant wait to see what there like OC'd a bit should be nice,

[​IMG]

That all for now will take some screen shots when have instaled the rest of the programs ect and done a little OC'ing

Benchmarks

Super-Pi-32M = 12m 34s
    [​IMG]

Super-Pi-8M = 2m 34s
    [​IMG]

Super-Pi-1M = 11s
    [​IMG]

PC Mark-Vantage
    [​IMG]

Jollys OC @ 4.0Ghz
    [​IMG]

CinebenchOGL.
    [​IMG]

CinebenchOGL-CPU
    [​IMG]

3D Mark-06
    [​IMG]

3D Mark-05 @ 4.0Ghz
    [​IMG]

3D Mark-05
    [​IMG]

3D Mark-03
    [​IMG]

That's all for Now!

Till then Stay Tuned and thanks for Looking and following Build !!

7. Jolly-Swagman

Update FRI August 13th 2010

Some exciting Hardware Additions are going into this Case Mod

[​IMG]

Received my Package from CoolIT Systems, containing 2 x CoolIT VANTAGE-ALC Cooler's

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now looking forward to Installing and Testing on a Couple of my Rigs,

One will go into This Case Mod Project and the other will be Tested on
    Jolly's Tech Bench 2010 ,
    Then will eventually find its home in my Wife's Storm Scout Rig

A very Big Thank You to Barry Reicker (CoolIT Systems)
    For supplying these Wonderful Cooling Systems :thup:

Also I am the First International Receiver and the First and Only in Australia to receive these CoolIT VANTAGE ALC Coolers to date!

So Stay Tuned for some Testing and a Review of the CoolIT VANTAGE ALC

8. Jolly-Swagman

Update Sun 15th August 2010

Installing the CoolIT VANTAGE ALC

This is what Jolly's CM-690 Case - Acentos de Cobre with the current Modded Scythe Ninja current configuration.

[​IMG]

First up we remove the Scythe Ninja

As seen in the previous Update the CoolIT VANTAGE ALC comes with one 120mm x 25mm PWM Fan and on the other side of Rad is a 120mm x 20mm Shroud.

I am going to be making another Fan Shroud from and old coolermaster fan and adding second ThermalTake 120mm x 25mm Blue LED SmartFan2 to the Rad Shroud.

So the configuration will be Push Pull,,, ( <<<< Airflow) Drawing cool air from front of case
    <<<< 120mm PWM Fan | Mount Plate |120mmx20mm Shroud |CoolIT RAD |120mmx 25mm Shroud | TT 120mm x 25mm Fan <<<<

This will be mounted in the 5.25 Drive bay area as see here in pic below

[​IMG]

First we take the CoolIT 120mm PWM fan and grill off the RAD

[​IMG]

Then attached second 120mm x 25 Shroud I made to RAD

[​IMG]

Next we attach the Intake Fan (TT Blue LED 120mm fan) to the 120mm x 25mm Shroud, then the Mounting plate and CoolIT 120mm PWM fan &Grill to the 120mm x 20mm Shroud

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Unfortunately dont have a pic of all put together as dint save to Camera Compact Flash, think it was full,

Next we install the Coolit RAD into position in 5.25 Drive bay, then the CoolIT Pump block to Mobo.

Man you need to be a Octopus to do this, need more hands,lol

CoolIT VANTAGE Pump Bock Installed

[​IMG]

CooLIT VANTAGE Installed

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Installation Completed

[​IMG]

Rear Case Cable Management

[​IMG]

Now connected everything back to PC on my desk and testing also setup the Menu for the CoolIT VANTAGE

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MENU's

With the CoolIT VANTAGE ALC there are various Menu's for Set-up from changing the Colour output of the LCD Screen,from White, Amber, Green, Red, Blue, OFF
    or have on TEMP where the colour changes according to Temperature rise and fall, also PULSE where the LCD Pulse's like a heartbeat.
    Other setting are for the Fan Speeds - Quite - Performance -Extreme
    Also Display orientation, so it doesnt matter which way you have the CoolIT Pump Block mounted you can rotate
    the LCDscreen to suit Landscape or Portrait and change screen angle to 0, 90, 180, 270 Degrees

VANTAGE ALARMS
    When Either Pump, Fan or Temperatures sensor fails or the Coolant temp goes above 99C/210F the VANTAGE will provide visual and auditory alarms

With my System currently OC'd @ 4.275 Ghz CoreTemp Reading 44C and CollIT VANTAGE ALC coolant Temp @25.6C

CPU-z Validation

[​IMG]

CoreTemp

[​IMG]

Hardware Monitor

[​IMG]

Some Unigine Heaven Benchmarks v2.1 @ 4000Mhz

Anisotropy 4x
    [​IMG]

Anisotropy 8x

[​IMG]

Anisotropy 16x

[​IMG]

So far I can report I,m happy with the CoolIT VANTAGE ALC cooler, :thup::thup:

Jolly Swagman Mod's - CoolIT VANTAGE ALC -Install Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4SuL-WhI-g

That's all for now, will do some more testing and Benchmarks soon,
    On the Jolly's Tech Bench too as soon as I get another HDD , as I was doing some benchmarks over the weekend
    and the Dam HDD crapped out on me, :bang head

Last edited: 17 Aug 2010
  9. Jolly-Swagman

Update Tue 24th August

Jolly's CM-690 - Acentos de Cobre

Ran Prime95 for a few hrs as a Torture Test to see the Max Temps of the cores using the CoolIT VANTAGE ALC

Also see CoreTemp running too showing Max Temp @ 70C -71C 100% load @ 4.09Ghz

CoolIT VANTAGE coolant Temp @ 30C

Prime95 Screenshot

[​IMG]

Tests were conducted with an Ambient Temp @ 20C in the Office Room

10. Jolly-Swagman

Update Mon 6th September

Just Received another nice parcel from the USA, with a Lamptron FC-5 Fan Controller inside, sent to me by MattNo5ss (Overclockers.com) :)

So this will most likely be put into this Rig, very soon!

Or might even go into Jolly's Tech Bench 2010

The Parcel

[​IMG]

Lamptron FC-5

[​IMG]

Lamptron FC-5 Fan Controller with Custom Sleeved cables

[​IMG]

Lamptron FC-5 close up

[​IMG]

Will post some pics soon once it has been installed, Stay Tuned!

11. Jolly-Swagman

Update Thur 9th September

Installing Lamptron FC-5 Fan Controlle
    r

So I have decided its going to be installed in my Main Rig,

Installing Lamptron FC-5 ( where DVD Drive was)

[​IMG]

Lamptron FC-5 Close-up

[​IMG]

Lamptron FC-5 Display Panel Colour settings

[​IMG]

Lamptron FC-5 up and running in Jolly's CM-690 - Acentos de Cobre, was running Prime95 in this next pic,

[​IMG]

Also now my DVD-RW Drive is to be External, connected via the rear e-Sata / Power ports, using the e-sata/sata cable and Molex-sata power cable.

External DVD-RW Drive

[​IMG]

Now this will be another little project, making an enclosure for the Drive so as doesn't look so Naked

Jolly Swagman Mod's - Lamptron FC-5 Fan Controller Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT96A2Drdeo

This next Fun shot was accidentally taken, of the Side Window Panel showing reflection of my lounge room

[​IMG]

Stay Tuned for more soon!

Update Fri 10th September 2010

Making *Custom DVD-RW Drive Cover

As seen previously the Naked DVD-RW Drive is now connected Externally via e-sata port

[​IMG]

So time for some light Modding to Dress up the DVD-RW Drive, with a Custom Cover.

Making the Custom cover

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All finished and back on the Desk connected to my Rig

[​IMG]

The Chinese Symbol Meaning - "Wind"

Thats all for Now !