1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Apple man arrested over kickbacks

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 16 Aug 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

Could, (and most likely does) happen at any company, especially one as large and successful as apple. Individuals are just that, and they make their own judgement calls about their behaviour. It's unfortunate, but I don't think it's apple's fault.

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

This kind of thing happens at many companies, the temptations are just too great.

That's before you even get to corporate-sponsored dirty dealings, remember the billion dollar Samsung slush fund? Hmm.

4. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

It's a shame this happened, or happens anywhere. The best supplier at the best price needs to win the contracts for all the right reasons.

5. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

Only 1 million?

6. Repr

Repr What's a Dremel?

Just a million over several years. thats not a lot considering the major hypes apple has created the last few rounds of phones, mp3 players and the Ipad.

And yea, i think this isnt all that special i think. However, apple is rather well-known for its extremely rigid security, so that does surprise me a little

7. Jim

Jim Ineptimodder

Lovely.

8. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Not even a remote surprise. The most surprising thing is the amount, being as low as it is, and even that is unsurprising. To a mid-level manager type, that's probably an insane amount of money, so for him to have slid that around without drawing attention, well. Perfectly reasonable.

More interesting to me, is how Apple found evidence in his personal email account..

9. sear

sear What's a Dremel?

People are stupid? You'd have to be in order to keep evidence of illegal dealings in there.

10. scarrmrcc

scarrmrcc What's a Dremel?

why would that be interesting? ANYTHING you do on a company owned computer (laptop, PC, phone, etc..) is theirs to legally look at. open your personal email at work, and BAM they are allowed to look at it. check your gmail, or get a text with a company supplied phone, BOOM they are privy to it. well, at least that is how it works here in the states: you use the company's stuff, they get to see what you are doing with their stuff. you want privacy? use your own stuff.

11. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

LOL... maybe he should have gone for a Blackberry instead to keep is grubbing dealings out from Apples radar

12. Jim

Jim Ineptimodder

I'd made the (potentially wrong) assumption that he wasn't that stupid.

13. SaNdCrAwLeR

SaNdCrAwLeR What's a Dremel?

only way they'll get decent support for their hardware (mac-wise) is if they finally decide to sell those things for a more reasonable 1.5-2x price...
    cuz paying 5 times the cost it takes to build a much better PC than what you're actually getting is seriously... only for fools...

14. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

That's what I was thinking..

15. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

I love a bit of apple-bashing as much as the next guy, but really, your statement bears little relevance to the topic being discussed in this particular thread.

PS. LOVE your avatar, CardJoe :)

16. dark_avenger

dark_avenger Minimodder

Using his wife's bank account and his own personal email?
    Guy deserves to be caught...

17. Krayzie_B.o.n.e.

Krayzie_B.o.n.e. What's a Dremel?

Ah yes "Kick Backs" hmmm smells like really good business.

What a Dumb ass using your E-mail and a bank account.

Take payment in cold hard cash and stuff your mattress with it and make all arrangements at a strip club and not over the phone or e-mail you stooge.

After he gets convicted then we will here about him getting his bonus, pension, and golden parachute.

Tags: Add Tags