1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases If you could ask Lian Li anything, what would it be?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Guest-16, 17 Aug 2010.

1. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

...and if you can find someone with them in stock.

2. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Why are they so shy? I simply can't get a hold of them. I made a thread about that here last week.

3. antec900

antec900 Minimodder

to not make anymore pink pc cases :D as reviewed in the latest issue.....

hmmmm very dissapointing

4. Syn

Syn ¯\(°_o)/¯

What the f**k were you thinking?

[​IMG]

5. Pieface

Pieface Modder

This.

6. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

£40 for less metal >.<

7. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

cube cases are very popular why havent you made one? yeong yang server cube yy 0221 for example

(really wish i could get hold of that case)

8. Altron

Altron Minimodder

Why don't cases have an RGB LED for the power indicator, with jumpers to change the color?

Some people make their cases look all pretty with color-coordinated LED fans and cold cathodes, and then it gets ruined by the case power indicator.

Why is the mobo backplane fan always an exhaust fan?

Is it just me being stupid, or would a setup where the backplane fan is an intake and the tower cooler is mounted in the backwards direction from normal, with a large blowhole above the RAM slots be a much better setup? Cold air from behind the case goes straight into the CPU cooler, then exhausts out the top of the case.

You know what else I'd love to see? Instead of having the power switch and front panel ports built into the case bezel, have them on a removable panel, maybe a 5.25" panel.

Some people put their cases on the ground. Others put them on desks. Let us choose where to have the switches.

Give us the option of putting them on the front of the case, or the top of the case by just unscrewing the panel and putting it where we want, and put a blank drive bay cover into whichever one we're not using.

9. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

You mean like the Lian Li PC-A05N?

10. Darkraven

Darkraven What's a Dremel?

Just some quick observations. Saw the PCX1000 price drop on NewEgg but $300.00 plus shipping is still a chunk of change, especially fo a case that looks so tight for watercooling. At that price I think all the interior could be anodized black.

They can take their own cue from the PCX500 and offer more options. And I looked it up, Egg does not have it and only place I saw it was $349.00. Each case is listed as 13 and 12'' max on video card length, respectively. And maybe tighter if trying to watercool.

I don't know what length upper end cards are running but premium cases ought to reflect currrent trends or lower the prices. Who would want to stick mid grade cards in cases like this.

Just my two cents. Take me with you so I can verbalize them !!!!

11. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Yes, but with what size mobo? microATX? Their latest HTPC/mATX case (check our industry news section) has plenty of 3.5mm space iirc

Pook: I know where their factory is.. I can take lots of photos, maybe I'll take one of the work rosta and security.. *cough* :p;)

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Good question!!

Yaky - they do make smaller cubes now, and they used to make a larger one but it was very expensive.

DragunovHUN - They have very few English speakers in the company, and it's a quite a small business with only Taiwan offices. It's always been this way - we've had trouble working with them directly before, but at least now they have an English speaking PR company helping them out. :thumb:

13. yakyb

yes the Mini ITx and the v35 series but not one where the parts are stored separately

see the images just above the conclusion

http://www.modthebox.com/review241_6.shtml

if they where to make something similar with modern technologies (slot loading hdd mounts like the CM690IIadv) and in black it would go down really well

it almost cable tidies itself

this is my all time favorite case i have tried having it imported from Germany but no luck would love this to be available in the uk

[​IMG]

14. slaw

slaw At Argos buying "gold"

I Would ask them to have more colour choices. Their red cases look great but there is very little choice. And how about some more blue cases to match blue MB's Also purple and gun metal grey would be good too.

I also agree with the comments about radiator mounts. Lots more people water cool these days so 3x120 cut outs would go down well with people.

15. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I used to own one. It wasn't that great really.

It was too cramped on the rear side behind the motherboard, it was EXTREMELY heavy and something like the Tyr series from Lian does pretty much the same job of isolating the motherboard area.

The YY cube needed a lot of modding to put 2x120mm in the front and pain the insides, and the plastic front panel was just crappy quality.

slaw - My guess is that they just don't sell. Most people want black or silver. I'll add it to the list though.

16. yakyb

fair enough just think that if Lian Li used a similar design but took into account the items you mentioned above, Made it in black and incorporated nicer drive bays, you would have a perfect case (Imho)

17. SPNKR

SPNKR Pretty Good Kid

Could you please hire a new translator for your website? :)

18. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Easy. But maybe NZXT are the people I should be speaking to about this.

What I’m after is a cheap LAN case. I know these have been done a million times before, but only Silverstones SST-SG04B-FH (the MATX case with the carry handle) has done it well and it costs £100+! It needs to be a be able to take 1. A single full length GPU, 2. an aftermarket CPU cooler, and a ATX PSU. If necessary, to save space leave out the optical drive – who uses them anymore anyway? 1 hard drive should be enough for a Lanbox. Less HD/DVD/GPUs = less weight, which is what I want in a Lanbox. Finally, I also want a decent cooling set up, 12cm fan mounts if possible.

19. Ljs

Ljs Modder

Yeah, looks like some naff prop from Red Dwarf...

20. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Silverstone SG07.

More or less.