1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Long distance relationship

Discussion in 'General' started by Burnout21, 16 Aug 2010.

1. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

thats why I said 'International' ^^
    And when I say International I mean you need a plane.

Last edited: 18 Aug 2010
  2. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Oh i see, missed that part the first time around. Sorry mate.

3. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

I want you to know that I respect the real 'long range' relationship Ex: Blackpool to Canterburry, you can do something, not wacky like Blackpool to Canterburry.... New Hampshire USA. You know what I mean ?

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Shame dude. Oh well, you live, you learn and realise there's plenty more hot asian babes fish in the sea.

5. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

Off topic but what sort of work are you looking for exactly which is making you look nationally?

6. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

I am a product designer by trade, looking for an engineering job. I've been applying everywhere i can think of, plus the usual haunts of the job sites.

7. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

My wife and I were together for just over 2.5 years before we got married with me living here in Nottingham and her in Leek, near Groningen, The Netherlands. We talked everyday either via yahoo messenger or the occasional phone call, I even proposed to her over the phone (as we couldn't be together on the aniversery of us meeting).

I was at uni at the time and she was out of work so finding the funds for me to get there or her to come here was never easy, birthday and christmas presents for each of us were easy for family to sort out, all we wanted were travel tickets.

She moved over about 20 days before we got married and that was about 2.5 years ago now.

It was never easy and there were some close calls as to whether we were staying together or not but we managed

8. Thacrudd

Thacrudd Where's the any key?!?

I met my wife at the beach in 2000. after a week, we went back to our homes, her in Pennsylvania and me in Tennessee. After 2 years of long distance calls and letters, she moved here to be with me. 1.5 years afterward she moved IN with me. In 2008 we got married, on the very same beach we met 8 years earlier. We love each other more than life and now, in Oct, we will have a baby boy. Sorry for all the sappyness, but it can be done.

EDIT: forgot to mention that I was 15 and she was 16 when we met.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 19 Aug 2010
    Agamer, Guest-16 and October like this.
  9. Voluntary_Pariah

Voluntary_Pariah a Real Man™

My gf just moved to North Carolina for a year. 5 days ago. . .

So far, I am finding it easier than i thought. A year long "Short" long range relationship between London and Lancaster helped a little bit.

But amen about Skype and webcams.

And it is. Believe me.

Last edited: 20 Aug 2010
  10. October

October Mariachi Style

I've got 23 days left till that ^^ happens. Not a happy bunny tbh.

11. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

I was in a long distance relationship for about 7mo until she let go. Ironically now we are both in the same location again.

12. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

too all the bit-tech peeps heading to uni this autumn and starting a long distance relationship, i wish you luck.

There's been no change in my situation, still very much apart and logitech webcam drivers suck balls at times. lol!

13. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

Let's hope the same can't be said of your girlfriend :rolleyes:

14. quack

quack Minimodder

First started chatting to my other half online in 2004, she was in Canada and I in the UK. For the next 2 years we were nothing but good friends.

We met in person in 2006 and decided to make a go of it. I moved to Canada in June 2009, and we got married May 2010.

15. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

You say that like it's a bad thing!

16. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

cheers guys, i actually needed the laugh this morning. Things ain't that great atm...

17. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Rep for soppyness win.

:rock:

18. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

Say bindi, hows things going over there with the misses? Its been a few months right?

19. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

Does anyone have experience with having a weekend relationship?

My job has me away from home 4 nights a week, and currently my free time at the weekend has to be shared between myself, my friends and my girlfriend.

It would be ok if I knew it was temporary, but I will be moving to different projects for a minimum of 6 months a time, so I can't just ask her to move with me every time.

This is also a career for me which I don't want to give up, but it means that I will always be away from home.

Just wondering if anyone does this or has done this, and how they fared?

20. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

Ouch, in that situation i would ask the serious question of what's better. I've always put my family and relationships before friends, and then those two before work.

I would look for work in the same line, but something more localised so your not on the move.