1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News GPG 'flattered' to bring Dungeon Siege 3 to consoles

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 20 Aug 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

I really liked the original Dungeon Siege game. Played the heck out of it.

Dungeon Siege 2 was pretty good, but I never finished it.

Space Siege had really good graphics and an interesting storyline... still working on it from time to time (not finished yet).

I'm looking forward to see what they have done with the graphics and gameplay with DS3.

3. sub routine

sub routine Archie Gemel

ace can only be a good thing for the genre. Bringing more money and more interest, only thing is the interface PC and console games need a completely seperately designed UI.

4. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I still remember Diablo on the Playstation. A nightmare when it came to controls... really hope they're getting it right.

5. tad2008

tad2008 What's a Dremel?

I played the Original Dungeon Siege and it was great and hours of fun, can't say the same for DS2 which took some willpower to eventually complete and proved rather short. I hope DS3 turns out to be better and improve on things further than to just put a version out just for IP sake.

As for the console version, well I hope that there choice to develop for the consoles doesn't hold back the PC version as tends to happen in a lot of cases, whether they cater to keyboard and mouse alone or include the option to use a gamepad too.

6. sear

sear What's a Dremel?

I just hope there won't be too many gameplay compromises. Dungeon Siege 3 looks quite promising, but it looks like they've already taken it into the realm of direct control rather than point and click (key word, looks: I don't know if it is or not), which makes it look more like God of War than Diablo to me.

7. robots

robots What's a Dremel?

spin spin spin

8. greyhavens24

greyhavens24 What's a Dremel?

I was under the impression that Obsidian were on duty for the PC version. I can only assume that GPG have the console duties, but I don't understand why. As far as I am aware the Dungeon Siege IP was sold by Microsoft to Square Enix and it was them who put Obsidian on duty for this one.

Must say that I am looking forward to Obsidian getting their collective hands on this one. I liked the Dungeon Siege games as a game but I always thought it lacked the polish of Neverwinter Nights, Baldurs Gate etc as they were the contemporary games of the day. I think Obsidian will be able to add the missing ingredient.

9. mastorofpuppetz

mastorofpuppetz What's a Dremel?

A certain kind of platform for a certain kind of game? STFU, any game can work great on PC. Idiots.

10. Pooeypants

Pooeypants What's a Dremel?

Chris Taylor seems to have had heavy objects dropped on his head because he's talking about sh*t. Basically, what's trying to say is, our last "Dungeon siege game was based in space and it tanked but now we can release on consoles and those fools will buy any crap that we make as long as it's shiny enough".

In fairness, the DS games were quite streamlined already so let's see how much dumber they can make it...

11. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Ultra credit will always go to the first one for having a multiplayer world four times as big as the single player world...

And then not bloody telling anyone about it unless you stumbled onto it using the dev tools!

Tags: Add Tags