1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What mouse do you currently game with?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Shadowed_fury, 12 Apr 2010.

1. BradShort

BradShort Familyman - Forever gamer

Oo just seen this! G700

Looks nice!

2. doom34

doom34 What's a Dremel?

Cant beet the Logitech G9

3. Legendary

Legendary What's a Dremel?

Logitech G5

4. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Razer Copperhead. Slim mouse since i have small hands, i don't small like cabbage though. :p

5. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Razer Lachesis (It was the original blue model, but quickly got a red LED make-over) on the laptop, and a Razer Mamba on the desktop.

Both at maximum DPI at all times.. Incidentally, I'm an RTS player and not a twitch-kill FPSer >.>

6. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

You'd be surprised! At the very high ends the roles are often reversed. FPS players prefer lower DPI with huge mouse mats so they can get greater accuracy when needed, whereas RTS players become the twitch players as they try to get in the most actions per minute, including unit selection and targeting.

Unrelated to that and part of my R.A.T. 7 adventures: My previous problem with a hair preventing some movement has returned. Turns out it wasn't just a freak hair, if you look on the pictures of the underside you will see a black ring around the laser. This ring is some sort of plastic/non-stick surface similar to the feet, likely there to keep interfernces out. However, this ring is attached to the main aluminum frame with adhesive. At first nothing seems wrong about this, and indeed it is well attached. Unfortunately, even though the ring is placed accurately and no extra adhesive seems to be pouring out or anything, the slight bit of exposed adhesive where the two surfaces meet occassionally grabs a mite of dust off of my mouse pad. All it takes is a hard blow to free the dust mite and I'm good to go again, thankfully.

It's a bit of a shame really because it's not a quality of manufacture issue, it's all well made and simply an unavoidable downside of the process. One which isn't immediately noticable as a problem and has taken months of heavy use to find. I've been pondering ways to fix it both temporarily on my end, and permanently on MadCatz's end as a revision to the mouse. Not even sure if it's a problem with my mouse alone or actually is some manufacturing error, I'll have to email MadCatz to find out.

Last edited: 1 Sep 2010
  7. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

I'm using a choice of two at the mo and they are Logitech G5 or the Razer Deathadder of which I am going to replace with the G9 Logitech

8. knuck

knuck Hate your face

Exactly ;)

Anything smaller than my Everglide Titan and SteelSeries QcK Heavy is just too small for me now. Low sensitivity works best, even for games like UT

9. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Well, I just ordered my R.A.T 7...

I never thought I'd spend £75 on a mouse (this was actually a good deal since the RRP is £90 and they're not supposed to be released until Monday), but needs must.

10. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

I think you'll like it! It's much easier to report the bad things like my recent dust-in-laser problem than the good things like being awesomely comfortable and perfectly performing. Could you perhaps take a picture of the area around the laser when you get yours? I'd feel like a jerk emailing them with ways to fix it only to learn they already changed it.

11. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Yeah, will do.

I'm not worried about small problems like what you've described, at the moment I'm using a mouse with a barely functioning mouse wheel.

12. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Weird.

I use a fair amount of space on my Goliathus on a regular basis, I have perhaps 6cm down the furthest side I don't use (phone sits there), but the rest of the mat takes a fair beating on a regular basis RTS or FPS. The latter is infrequent now that I don't have enough time to spend a while finding a non-asshole filled BC2 server, though.

Perhaps I'm just odd.

13. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Using high sense/low sense is totally a user based choice really.
    Sure, most use low sense on a massive mat, but not everyone does.

I for one, use a small mat + high sense. But I am trying to get myself off this now... Not that easy to learn :D

14. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

I have a Logitech G5 for the desk and a Razer Diamondback3G for the lappy.

Not that the lappy can play much mind but it's a damn sight better than playing WoW or SC2 with a touchpad :)

Not a great fan of the Razer mind, I find it too low as opposed to the G5 due to having large hands.

15. SlowMotionSuicide

SlowMotionSuicide Come Hell or High Water

Oooh shiny!

I was toying with the idea to get the Logitech Performance MX to replace my G9, but this looks seriously nice. Need to see some reviews first though.

16. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

That looks sweet! But the £70/80 it will no doubt cost is a bit steep IMO.

17. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

It just arrived, and first impressions are good. I'll have a play around in a few games later today and see how I'll get on, but I'm loving the customisation options. I found the mouse quite heavy on its own so I'm actually using it with no weights at all. The mouse buttons are just about perfect as well, and the overall build quality seems pretty good. I'm not sure if I'll ever manage to find a use for the thumb scroll wheel though.

I tried to get a good picture of the problem you were describing, but it was quite difficult to get the focus right. From what I can tell though mine sounds exactly the same as yours, there's a small amount of adhesive visible around the inside of the black ring. It doesn't seem to be picking up dust though.

One thing to note, however, is that this mouse doesn't track properly on all mousepads. It's fine on my Razer Destructor, but the tracking is extremely erratic (read: unusable) on my Steelseries SP. This is actually one of the few mice I've used that I seem to prefer using on cloth mats rather than hard mats with as well.

18. pac-man

pac-man What's a Dremel?

I have both a Logitech G5 and MX518. They're decent mice but after using them for lengthy periods, my hand starts to ache. Not sure whether its just my hands since I haven't really hard anyone else having these issues.

19. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

The Razer DeathAdder :thumb:

Fits my hand like it was custom made to, great bit of kit!

20. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

So nearly got a G9 today but got my GPU instead. Deathadder I have had mine since they were launched> They are like tractors the just keep on going