1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Fast & The Furoius 2

Discussion in 'General' started by Fowler, 17 Jan 2003.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

The actual story line was crap, but the cars were awesome... I'll watch it to see the cars and the women again, but not for the story line :cooldude:

2. Thermite

Thermite What's a Dremel?

i personally loved the scenes where the jetta and the eclipse get blown to shreds. That puts a big smile on my face :D :hehe:

3. delphia

delphia What's a Dremel?

well im on an old honda vt250 commuter.

but when i close my eyes and rev, valentino rossi has nothing on me :D

4. ChriX

ChriX ^

Yeah!! Can't wait for the second one, although the cars they are apparently using in the second one don't look as good to me.

Ricing rocks! :D (I hate that term though, I usually use "kevved up" heheheh)

5. Thermite

Chrix, your avatar makes me uncomfortable

..its creepy dude....

but back to ontopic: IMO the cars look better. They're using a R34, and a bunch of REAL cars, none of that japcrap.

6. sinizterguy

sinizterguy Dark & Sinizter

Have to agree with the above ....

I can't wait for TF&TF 2 to come out either .... :rock:

7. Gretzky

Gretzky What's a Dremel?

I saw fast and furious two times and it was " OK ". I wouldnt say it was the best movie ever but it is worth watching. So im not really looking forward for Fast and Furious 2.

Maybe cause im more into German and American cars heheh.

Audi S4 :jawdrop:

8. Thermite

for audis, i'd rather have the rs6 :)
    BUT - the new E55 is gunna simple annihilate all german sport sedans :)

9. essjaytee

essjaytee emtarkanderundergunderson

The first movie was alright, it was fun and silly and not terribly technically accurate but it was an enjoyable movie.

Vin Diesel isn't in F&F2 because he's filming XXX2 (and other sequals.)

The cars will be amazing, and actually impressive (a second gen eclipse is not impressive, but that supra was pretty nice)

There will be Nissan Skylines, Acura NSXs and other such real supercars. The 2 r34 Skylines are seriously nice looking.

I think it will be yet another silly throwaway film that will be a lot of fun to watch and pretty nice to look at (the first one was very well shot.)

10. Jaz

Jaz Banned

as long as they have ladas and robin reliants in them i'll be happy.

I don't see the point in films that only have ferraris and crap in them, we know they can go fast, but what about robin reliants? by day theyre just an over 60's method of transportation but at night they become dragsters of the M25.

bah don't people know how to make good films

11. :Galokin:

:Galokin: Guest

i thought that the 1st film was brilliant, i love the cars...**dreams of owning one of them**

The sequel should be good...jus hope there is a catchy story line.

Last edited by a moderator: 19 Feb 2003
  12. Thermite

now why in the world would you want to own a POS import that sounds like a fly buzzing, with an outrageous body kit that has no effect but to add weight to the car, with a wing on a FWD vehicle, which does nothing, and infact- if the wing is by an odd chance fuctional, it actually hurts the car, but pushing the rear down, that in turn lifts the front up, and the front tires are what drives most of those cars.

I don't see why anyone would want to have any of those except the skyline, lightning, rx7, and supra. Notice those are all RWD or AWD cars, and they're all fast.....

Anywho, I was lookin around, and the film is officially called

2 Fast 2 Furious

and there's also a trailer released:
    http://movies.yahoo.com/movies/feature/2fast2furious.html

I think the trailer is... rather crappy. It isn't exciting, it offers no insight as to the plot of the movie, and I'm not impressed by any of the actors or the cars

13. KMS-oul

KMS-oul You think you know me.

I was watchin a jackie chan movie about racing and stuff and the street scenes looked very similar to fatf. i think they ripped it off.

14. Lorquis

Lorquis lorquisSpamCount++;

I know you all probably hate me for this:: but I actually think The Fast and the furious was a pretty decent film... it's one of those films where you can just enjoy it for what it is rather than having to sober up and find the chuffin hidden reasoning... it's a lot better quality a film than such... it had enough plot to keep you there if you weren't that bothered in the cars (yeah right like that's gonna happen!) and some semi-decent cars... and some reality about the whole thing rather than making a load of the whole lot up... for instance they could have just made something up insted of using Nitrous Oxide by NOS .... but they didn't..

the film showed to me a desire by the writers to focus on some of the tighter details of the realities rather than skating over them and letting the film roll on.. the camera work was decent.. as was direction...

Vin Disel is a pretty decent actor for the genres which he goes for
    which is basically I'm a bad ass and I have expensive cars, girls and guns.

anyhoot... I shouldn't be this serious for too long it will make my head hurt...

15. DJMyst

DJMyst yeah baby

I thought the film was pretty dam good. But then again I actually took it for what it was worth, the cars and girls :D, rather than dissecting it like most people did. Now granted, they tried to get most of the stuff right, but there were ALOT of screw ups in that movie as far as manufacturers and the parts they said for certain things. I am looking foward to the 2nd one and hope they do a decent job at it and not just go off of the hype from the first one.

And the Mustangs getting totalled is NOT, by any stretch of the imagination, a tragic loss to the car world. :D:hip:

16. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Ok first one was a decent action movie. Wasn't paticular the complicated story wise nor terriable technically accurate but a hell of a lot better than the crap that was XXX.

Now the 2nd one judging by the trailer none of the charectors are returning except Brian, the cars don't look all that good to me except one or two (just brighter and more noiser). Will probably wait for the video before watching unless I hear good things.

17. ReFredzRate

ReFredzRate Relix Headshot!!

Right... a little update about Vin Diesel. He's not busy working on XXX 2. as you go along this link: http://www.apple.com/trailers/ you'll find yourself suddenly looking at a trailer with Vin Diesel in it. Can't remember which one though, I'll post it as soon as I find which one. Anyway, that movie will be out about the same time as 2 Fast 2 Furious, which you all refer to as Fast and the Furious 2 ;) So if there will be a XXX 2 (which there will) it will be out later on this year, maybe early next year. :)

EDIT: http://www.apple.com/trailers/newline/a_man_apart/

Last edited: 19 Feb 2003