1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Which GTX 470?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by stivalmighty, 3 Sep 2010.

1. stivalmighty

stivalmighty What's a Dremel?

Hey,

Im in the market for 2 new graphics cards and i want to watercool them, ive already bought the 470 EK blocks and backplate however i dont know which 470 to go for that will fit on the EK block and backplate, heres my choices

1280MB Asus GTX 470 V2, 40nm, 3348MHz GDDR5, GPU 607MHz, Shader 1215MHz, 448 Cores, 2xDVI,mini HDMI

£216.19

1280MB Palit GTX 470, 40nm, 3348MHz GDDR5, GPU 607MHz, Shader 1215MHz, 448 Cores, 2x DVI/ mini HDMI

£217.36

1280MB Point of View GTX 470, 40nm, 3348MHz GDDR5, GPU 607MHz, Shader 1215MHz, 448 Cores, mini HDMI

£218.54

All these are on scan on Today Only so i need to but asap.

My first choice would be the ASUS V2 but on the EK website on the cooling config part its only got a few 470 listed and one of them is the asus but its the V1 version, is there any difference between the V1 + V2?.

The POV is also listed on the EK Cooling config but its the one with dual fans.

2. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

The Palit looks most like a reference version but the Asus probably is too, i'd doubt there'd be very much difference between the V1 & V2.

Any of them should be fine.

3. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

http://www.coolingconfigurator.com/

This should help you nicely, choose the cards, and see which one fits the blocks :) Although seeing as the cards haven't been out all that long, I doubt they'll be non-reference.

*EDIT*

I believe the ASUS card should fit, but the Plait card they listed didn't. And the POV one wasn't listed.

*EDIT2*

Ah, saw you've already used the coolingconfigurator, you could fire an email off to EK asking if it fits?

4. stivalmighty

Ill send an email but i dont think anyone will get back to me for today ? :(

5. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

WAAY after UK opening hours really. You may get lucky. You may not even get an email for a few days.

6. stivalmighty

Cant do it, EK site is a load of CRAP!!! made an account and then it wouldnt let me log in! then i made another account with a different email an dit says use a valid email address and i tryed 5 different emails! crap i say :(!

All i need to know if the ASUS V2 is a reference board, if it is then it should fit :D?

7. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

8. stivalmighty

The link doesnt work.

9. favst89

favst89 What's a Dremel?

I've got some good news for you, as its Friday scan's today only list won't change till around 1-2pm on Monday so you've got some time to look around, though unfortuantely I don't know the answer.

10. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

11. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Awh man, I searched for GTX470 as well :'(

12. stivalmighty

Been googling for ages and i cant find any info on it :(, just need to know 1 thing aswell! so frustrating :(.

Even if i could get hold of a picture of the card without the cooler on i could compare it :(.

13. fingerbob69

fingerbob69 Minimodder

I wouldn't be making that sort of investment right now given Ati's next gen is only about 8weeks away.

Definitely a good time to play wait n see.

14. stivalmighty

The performance difference will not be that much and they will be overpriced, i have been wating stince christmas to bulid and im not waiting any longer. Two 470's under water at 850+ will do me for atleast 3+ years.

15. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Don't think about the 6xxx series. Wait for it to come out, and then nab some awesome 5870 or the like kit as the prices drop. Give you awesome performance. If you can wait that long that is.

16. fingerbob69

fingerbob69 Minimodder

Most informed estimates put the performance bump as being 10-20%. Power draw at about where ATi's current gen are and still lower than nVidia's fermi and as for price ...well not "overpriced" because if they where they wouldn't sell!

I can understand your fustration at waiting but holding off just 8 weeks or so may just prove a smart move.

17. stivalmighty

Im sick of waiting TBH, the 6XXX series will be less or a little faster that SLI 470's and i will not buy any 5XXX series because i will 90% go SLI or CF either right away or a month down the road and ATI has horrible scaling and drivers and i CBA with all the messing about at least i know with 470 SLI it is going to work unless im very very unlucky, besides ive already bought the EK blocks and nickle backplates :D.

18. fingerbob69

fingerbob69 Minimodder

The 6xxx wont be slower.

The 58xx will drop in price and work just fine in Xfire.

Nvidia's drivers and Ati's have been on a par of late.

And you can always return those EK blocks:eek:)

19. stivalmighty

470 sli is what i want, its my cash after all and i have a preference of nivida even know i have an 5770 ATM :p lol , all i want to know is if anyone can get me a picture of the ASUS 470 V2 :(.

20. stivalmighty

Cheeky bump :D

Is there anyone out there that can help me find out if the ASUS V2 has a reference board ? :(